HSBC/MCS Refusing to supply statement of account lost my debt payment

LeeS80
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6002 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

MCS recently sent me a letter stating that I owed them £110.97 as my outstanding balance. I phoned up and paid it. I have to admit, I've not kept track of what I've paid over the last couple years or so.

I just got a call from them saying the previous payment I made was returned (it wasn't, I checked with the bank). So, they're saying I owe them £310.xx and will take me to court for it.

I asked them for a statement of account before I made any further payments, because if I over paid them, God only knows how hard it might be to get my money back! The woman on the phone said they did not 'do' statements, and wouldn't make any exceptions. They also said that if I didn't make payments as per previous agreement, they'd send it to solicitors - I'm not really too fussed what they feel like doing to be honest.

She then went on to deny that they had sent a letter showing my outstanding balance at £110.xx - she said they hadn't sent it and if I had one to give it to my solicitor for court!

I'm not paying them anything until I get a statement - what do you guys make of this?

Cheers in advance,

Lee ;)

Well it's the usual duff info that you get from DCA monkey over the phone. That's why you need to write to them requesting a statement of account.

You are entirely within your rights to request a statement of account and they need to supply it.

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

I agree with Lula, negotiations with debt collection agencies should be in writing only, without exception.

Write them a letter stating that you want see statements for all monies paid to them and a list of all credits and debits on your account, and that if it isn't forthcoming you'll be taking the matter up with your local Trading Standards office, which can be found here...

Trading Standards Central - Trading Standards and Consumer Protection information for the UK

It might also be an idea to get onto your bank and ask them to provide proof that the larger payment wasn't returned.

Regards, Dave.

Hi All,

MCS recently sent me a letter stating that I owed them £110.97 as my outstanding balance. I phoned up and paid it. I have to admit, I've not kept track of what I've paid over the last couple years or so.

I just got a call from them saying the previous payment I made was returned (it wasn't, I checked with the bank). So, they're saying I owe them £310.xx and will take me to court for it.

I asked them for a statement of account before I made any further payments, because if I over paid them, God only knows how hard it might be to get my money back! The woman on the phone said they did not 'do' statements, and wouldn't make any exceptions. They also said that if I didn't make payments as per previous agreement, they'd send it to solicitors - I'm not really too fussed what they feel like doing to be honest.

She then went on to deny that they had sent a letter showing my outstanding balance at £110.xx - she said they hadn't sent it and if I had one to give it to my solicitor for court!

I'm not paying them anything until I get a statement - what do you guys make of this?

Cheers in advance,

Lee ;)

ask for your statement of account in writing.

If you must talk to people on the telephone, RECORD the conversation. This can be useful, if what they are saying is downright untrue.

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.

• dx100uk changed the title to HSBC/MCS Refusing to supply statement of account lost my debt payment