help with LBL

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6028 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi,

i took out a £4500 loan with logbook loans and fell into arrears due to accident needing operation and not being able to work.

i signed up for my loan in a street miles from my house and the only one to sign the bill of sale was myself and the rep who also signed the witness part with a squiggle.

i have so far paid them back £3500 and they want another £6500 to stop them taking the car.

i wish to sell the car and have got a new V5 from dvla. have done hpi check and is says finance outstanding and security risk.

i paid cash for the car. i have hidden the car well away as i got no intention of them getting it as i worked very hard to get this car.

i have emailed hpi to ask them to remove it and i am waiting for a reply. any help welcomed.

busy be warned now that you have contacted HPI LBL WILL be informed that you may be intending to dispose of the vehicle.

Also they have been known (mistakenly I'm sure) to snatch vehicles which are NOT the subject of a 'bill of sale' so again be careful if driving a friends or relatives car.

If you are approached in such circumstances immediately contact the police

Finally they DO trawl through these sites in the hope of identifying problems so be careful about what info you give.

Is it fitted with a 'tracker'?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I am in the same boat i owe money to lbl and they want the car. I have hidden the car so they cant get it and have done a hpi check. the hpi says there is outstanding finance and car is a security risk. i have contacted them and they will not remove it neither will lbl. i have read about checking on the bill of sale ans wondered who do make the cheque out to. my girlfriend is sending it as i dont have a bank account.

Please can anyone advise on this and also how to get the hpi removed as i have been told this is illegally put on by lbl and i need to sell the car.

thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have sold my car privately now as gemini said it was ok providing the payment goes to them. buyer said he would send payment. i dont care whether he does or not. I asked for LBL for proof that bill of sale had been registered and they did not have a clue what i was talkking about. lady from gemini said they dont have one. LOL what a horrible company. i refuse to pay them anymore money. borrowed £5500 and they want £23000 back.

lol

• 1 month later...

we had a loan with these and fell into arrears. lbl said we could sell

the car providing the buyer sent the money direct to them.

we obtained a new logbook from dvla and sold the car private. the new

owner has now come back at us saying lbl has repossessed the car from

him and saying that he knew nothing about the hpi and saying that he

wants us to pay him for the money he lost on the car stating the sale of

goods act1979. i have been told that he cannot touch us as it is his word

against ours that he knew about the hpi. he claiming he paid them and

saying he gave us money. this bloke is harassing me and i am now

getting worried about it. please advise

If he's a private citizen & not a dealer then his complaint is with LBL as they took his car unlawfully. no matter what they might claim.

Did he pay the outstanding finance or did he pay you. If you he could sue you for his money. but he can't claim to have paid both.

My only thought is that LBL have added late payment charges (of which you knew nothing) to the outstanding debt & have used these as an excuse to snatch the car. This is a common 'tactic' of LBL I'm afraid

There is court action being taken against this company by a number of former customers

The Sunday Mail article is ongoing also perhaps you should contact BBC Watchdog

getting worried about it. please advise.

getting worried about it. please advise.

well, its a difficult situation to be honest

the guy is talking out of his bottom about the Sale Of Goods Act 1979 for starters, the SOGA is not relevent here,

His actions may place him in breach of the Protection from Harassment Act 1997 , depending on how he is behaving

the best thing to do IMHO is write to him setting out what the terms of the contract were.

if he failed to keep to the contract its his own fault and there is no liability on you for his losses. he really has very little ground to argue unless he can establish you knowing there was HPI on the car allowed him to buy it without first telling him the HPI needed settling

however the figures sort of suggest that it would be clear that he would not get a 7000 pound car for 850 so i think that would be in your favour

that would be how i would approach this

Regards

paul