Robinson way calling everday

clericvash
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5963 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well the debt is only in dispute from my end if you know what i mean, paypal claim i owe it and so do 3 companies and a solicitor, but none of them wish to provide me details on how, why and when.

So when they phone tomorrow, which they will i will advise them i am taking it to Trading Standards, and i think i will send them off the telephone harassment letter too.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's the point - you are disputing the debt so they are obliged to put a hold on the account and investigate. By refusing to do so, they are breaking OFT guidelines on debt collection.

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

I would simply say "In writing only please" and put the phone down after refusing to answer any security questions.

Much more cathartic and good for lowering of the blood pressure than actually trying to get the people working at DCA's from engaging the company brain cell.

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

I would simply say "In writing only please" and put the phone down after refusing to answer any security questions.

Much more cathartic and good for lowering of the blood pressure than actually trying to get the people working at DCA's from engaging the company brain cell.

I would also like to add that as an alternative, it also gets them in a flap, if U ask THEM if THEY can answer some of YOUR security questions 1st...;)

I personally have had DCA's actually put the phone down on ME!...:(

Robinson Way have already put the phone down on me when i told them to prove my debt before, the guy got really assay like his ass was on the line if i didn't give into him.

Think i will ask them a few security questions, haha.

• 1 month later...

I have now received another letter from "Irwin Mitchell solicitors recoveries" saying i have to pay intrim justitia in 7 days from date of letter "2nd january" they may proceed with legal proceedings, this is the 3rd different solicitor to send it, please advise!!

Send them this

You have contacted me/us regarding the account with the above reference number, which you claim is owed by myself/ourselves.

I/we would point out that I/we have no knowledge of any such debt being owed to (insert company name).

I am/we are familiar with the Office of Fair Trading Debt Collection Guidance which states that it unfair to send demands for payment to an individual when it is uncertain that they are the debtor in question.

I/we would also point out that the OFT say under the Guidance that it is unfair to pursue third parties for payment when they are not liable. In not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt you are using deceptive/and or unfair methods.

Furthermore ignoring and/or disregarding claims that debts have been settled or are disputed and continuing to make unjustified demands for payment amounts to physical/psychological harassment.

I/we would ask that no further contact be made concerning the above account unless you can provide evidence as to my/our liability for the debt in question.

I/we await your written confirmation that this matter is now closed. Otherwise I will have no option but to make a complaint to the trading standards department and consider informing the OFT of your actions.

I/we look forward to your reply.

Right so i send this?

Bauhaus

Rosetti Place

Quay Street

Manchester

M3 4AW

Reference:

Dear sirs,

You have contacted me regarding the account with the above reference number, which you claim is owed by myself.

I would point out that I have no knowledge of any such debt being owed to Paypal or Intrim Jistitia.

I am are familiar with the Office of Fair Trading Debt Collection Guidance which states that it unfair to send demands for payment to an individual when it is uncertain that they are the debtor in question.

I would also point out that the OFT say under the Guidance that it is unfair to pursue third parties for payment when they are not liable. In not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt you are using deceptive/and or unfair methods.

Furthermore ignoring and/or disregarding claims that debts have been settled or are disputed and continuing to make unjustified demands for payment amounts to physical/psychological harassment.

I would ask that no further contact be made concerning the above account unless you can provide evidence as to my liability for the debt in question.

I await your written confirmation that this matter is now closed. Otherwise I will have no option but to make a complaint to the trading standards department and consider informing the OFT of your actions.

I look forward to your reply.

Are these debt collectors for real? They are getting their pants in a bit of a pandemonium over £43 are they not? It must have cost more than that for the various activities so far............

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

Well they claim i also owe them around £90 for another account, it's getting stupid now, i am pretty sure the manpower costs to ring me, send me all the letters etc etc has already costs more than both the current alleged debts.

Remember though that RWC probably bought this debt for buttons, they pay the call centre monkeys buttons, the nasty letters are computer generated and automatically posted so it takes a while for the penny to drop that the chasing of this debt is no longer financially viable.

Yeah but if they do take me to court it says in the letter they can take the costs for it all out of my wages, is that even true?

Yes ................................... IF

They can prove you owe a debt and

They have a legal right to collect it and

They take you to Court and

They get a judgement against you and

You do not pay the money in the judgement and

They go back to Court to enforce the judgement and

The Court decides to order a detachment of earnings order.

So you see its not as simple as RWC would have you believe:grin:

• Haha 1

Ah right okay well i am pretty sure 7 days have passed, they have stopped all phone calls and i receive no letters anymore, they have either given up again like the other company did a year or two ago or they are getting ready for court action on me.

I think the former is true. Im sure some other DCA will rear its head in the future

How long is it before they can no longer chase the debt?

A debt is Statute Barred after six years but if you read some of the Lowell threads on here they are chasing debt that would be Statute Barred 3 times over.

You have asked RWC and their tame solicitors for proof of this alleged debt. They have all failed to prove a debt exists because the simply do not have any proof. If they even thought of going to court they would need proof.

You have repeatedly asked them to substantiate their claims which they have repeatedly failed to do. Imagine if they were foolish enough to take this to a court and suddenly produce the proof you have repeatedly asked for. A judge would rip them to shreds