HannahB v Intelligent Finance ***WON***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6323 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

Ive spent a long time reading through the information on here and have decided to try and reclaim my costs from intelligent finance. I have used the template and have sent the letter for a list of all the charges. I shall see what comes back!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi - I received a statement of charges today and have zapped my prelim letter off by recorded delivery today, they sent back my cheque and advised that statements would cost £60.00 but they included a list of charges that they had charged me over the past 6 years and on this occasion they would not charge me! have you heard anything yet?

Hiya,

Have received my list of bank charges today,

They have said:

Thank you for your request to access the information we hold about you, which is your right under the data protection act 1998. I note your request for a list of all charges applied to your current account on the plan above. Please note this is not classed as personal information therefore we are not required to provide this as part of the DSAR. I have however detailed bellow a summary of any charges applied to your account and the date of application. There is no charge for this service on this occasion.

I have added all the charges up and they come to £1620. So I am going to send the prelim letter asap.

Zannie, i only got the list of charges too, but the amount seems right to me so i dont think i will bother asking for statements. Hope you are getting somewhere with unintelligent finance!

Hi, can you tell me which address you sent your initial letter requesting details of the charges too, I think I've got confused somewhere and sent mine to the wrong place (not a good way to start is it!?) Should it go the address at the top of this forum?

Many thanks

naive.

Hi,

I sent the request for charges to

1 Baird Road

Kirkton Campus

Livingston

EH54 7AZ

But i will use the one in the post "Intelligent finance- contact details" on here, if it goes to court, as it is in england. Hope that makes sense!

• 2 weeks later...

Well i received the letter i expected from Rhona kerr-sloan:

Dear xHannahBx

I refer to your letter dated 1 August 2006. Thank you for your patience while I investigated the matter on your behalf

The issue you raised was in relation to charges previously applied to you current account.

As you will understand, like other organisations, we incur costs for every transaction made. When we pay an item against an unauthorised overdraft or return an item unpaid, we incur extra costs regardless of the shortfall involved. We believe it is fair to pass these costs on to the accounts affected, rather than absorb them into other areas of our operations, penalising all our other customers as a result.

We clearly outline our charging policy in the terms and conditions that apply to your account. In addition, we are committed to complying with the Banking Code, which sets standards of good banking practice for banks and building societies to follow when dealing with personal customers. The terms and conditions of your account state that you must have funds in your account to cover transactions. We cannot be responsible if you authorised payments against funds that were not available.

We are keen to help customers avoid any unnecessary charges by providing various ways to keep track of their accounts. You can do this via telephone banking on 0845 609 4343 or by using our online banking Intelligent Finance - Home page, a service I note you utilise. Ultimately it is your responsibility to manage your account.

I acknowledge your comments in respect of the charges, however, as you are aware, the charges were correctly generated and in accordance with our terms and conditions at the level details in the rates and charges publication, therefore taking the aforementioned into consideration, I am unable to provide reimbursement of charges previously applied to your current account.

I would like to thank you for making us aware of your dissatisfaction. I am sorry that you feel the service you received has fallen short of the high standard Intelligent Finance prides itself on delivering.

I hope this clarifies everything for you, however, if you have any further questions relating to your complaint, please call me on blah blah blah.

Yours sincerely

Rhona Kerr-Sloan

So its LBA coming next, but im getting nervous that im going to be the first person that doesnt win :confused:

Going to go ahead anyway i think, and try and stay positive.

Hannah x

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, quick update! Received a letter from IF this morning, offering a 25% refund, a total of £406. Heres the letter:

It basically says " The charges on yout accounts do recover costs. As a result, we cannot agree to refund them all. However, in an attempt to reach an amicable solution to yoyr complaint, I am prepared to provide a 25% refund of the total charges that were applied to your current account account, in full and final settlement of the matter."

With the letter is a form to fill in if you accpet the refund. Should i fill it in, but cross out "full and final settlement" and write "partial settlement", and write a covering letter? Or just start my claim when their time is up?

Thanks

Hi Hannah following your thread with interest, I would Pm a site helper/mod to get it moved for you!

Good Luck x

FD £691.50 SETTLED IN FULL £691.50 :D

FD CREDIT CARD £75, SETTLED IN FULL £75 :D

MBNA CREDIT CARD £1784 SETTLED IN FULL :D

BARCLAYCARD . . .£500 BACK SO FAR . . NOW OFF TO COURT FOR MY OTHER £1200

PLEASE BE AWARE . . .MY OPINION IS JUST THAT . . IF IN DOUBT SEEK QUALIFIED LEGAL ADVICE x

Hannah,

I've now had 2 of the same letter you got from Rhona Kerr-Sloan, once after the pre-lim and once after the LBA.

I peronally am going to proceed with Money claim now because of their absolute lack of interest and the lack of intelligence by sending me the same letter twice!

Whatever you decide, I hope you get all your dosh back!

Good luck ;)

Abbey Current Account £392.50 Prelim letter sent 23/03/07, ON HOLD

Alliance & Leicester Current A/C SETTLED in full 27/10/06!

IF Loan: *SETTLED* £300.00 Prelim letter sent 06/05/06, standard reply 25/05/06, LBA sent 29/08/06, 2nd standard reply 06/09/06 MCOL Filed 27/11/06, acknowledged 18/12/06, REQUEST FOR JUDGEMENT FILED 19/01/07, SETTLED in full 19/03/07.

IF Mortgage SETTLED in full 11/10/06.

Halifax Visa SETTLED in full 22/09/06

A&L Visa (MBNA) SETTLED IN FULL 27/09/2006!

Well have had another letter today, basically saying they wont refund any more than 25%. So its money claim for me now!

Sounds like we are at the same stage now Markus, good luck to you too. Intelligent Finance, yeah right!

Hey Hannah, you did well to get the 25% offer in the first place. More than I got!

Well I think they deserve to be taken to the cleaners, I'll keep you posted on my progress!

IF Loan: *SETTLED* £300.00 Prelim letter sent 06/05/06, standard reply 25/05/06, LBA sent 29/08/06, 2nd standard reply 06/09/06 MCOL Filed 27/11/06, acknowledged 18/12/06, REQUEST FOR JUDGEMENT FILED 19/01/07, SETTLED in full 19/03/07.

Well ive filled in all the forms, was just about to pay and they dont have my card listed! How annoying, ive emailed them and asked what i can do now, dont have another one. (Its a visa electron) Hopefully ill be able to pay over the phone or send a cheque?

How are you getting on Markus?

Hey Hannah,

Hope you've got your MCOL sorted by now?

IF have until Tuesday to come to their senses with me before I file my MCOL. Is the online service fairly straight forward other than the issue with payment card types?

Keep me posted!

;)

Hi Markus,

Yep MCOL is very easy, just the payment bit was a pain for me. (And im not the brightest spark!)

They got back to me and said they dont take my card so ill have to fill in an N1 and take it with cash or send a cheque. (Thank you Michael)

They actually have a week left with me, im just getting organised ;) Although i have to say im going all girly and getting nervous :Cry:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Hannah,

Yes, I've filed my MCOL online and had notice that they've decided to acknowledge it and presumably defend it.

Seems daft as mine isn't that much money really, but hey, we'll leave them to get on with it for the next couple of weeks.

How's yours going?

M