Intrum Justitia - on behalf of paypal

psc945
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5671 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Have sent off the letter to IJ recorded delivery yesterday.(20th nov 07)

So will wait to see if they reply.

Now had an email from paypal's automated service, 'transaction has been

completed on your PayPal account'

On checking the balance has changed to -69p and it is saying the usual, if you do not put funds into your account we will take appropriate action!!

The account balance details it is showing euro's and every time I check the ammount required to restore the balance to zero in sterling it is diferent.

It looks like it was converted to euros about the time it went to IJ for collection.

It fluctuates with the exchange rate. I paid the higher of three figures I got when I wrote out the cheque. It looks like (haven't checked thouroughly yet) that the exchange rate has now meant the cheque has not covered the amount, so it looks like it's on it's way to IJ again.

Paul C

Any advice would be appreciated.

I have just typed up a letter to Paypal, feel free to edit,adjust,advise.

Paypal Europe

P.O.Box 9473

Dublin

Ireland

21st Nov 2007

Dear Sir/Madam

With reference to my letter of the 31st October 2007, re Paypal account and Intrum Justitia.

( email address) ebay nickname

You have failed to reply to my letter and my Bank cannot show any record of you asking for the transfer.

I would like to know how my Bank details are now back on my account profile without my permission and after you had deleted same, for not allowing transfer of funds. It is now showing a request 'Expanded Use Number is Needed' which was not there before.

I also formally ask you to send me a copy of your complaints procedure.

I have previously notified you that the amount you have claimed to be owed is in dispute.

No further requests or demands from you for any of the amount should continue neither directly or by any other means.

I was notified that the amount in question was taken on by Intrum Justitia and therefore any balance owing to you directly at that time was zero.

You therefore have no further claims in regard to that sum or any shortfalls you may believe would be due to the Euro/Sterling exchange rate.

I await your reply and relevant information requested.

Paul C

It's all part of the same complaint, really. You're unhappy with the way they are managing your account and now they are making demands from you for money you don't owe.

I would report them to TS.

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

In terms of TS, first thing to do would be to phone your local branch. every TS seems to ahve their own procedures - they may want to to send things in, fill out a form, be happy just to take the details over the phone or may pass you over to consumer direct or the TS who covers the area the companies involved are situated in.

I can't advise which approach they will take - they'll tell you that on the phone.

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

• 1 month later...

Have received a letter from Intrum (dated 14th Dec 2007) and they have accepted payment and cofirmed the account is now paid in full, they have also sent a seperate letter (dated 30th November 2007) apologising and stating they have operators who are trained and only contact to help with the debts. They received and acted on the claim from paypal in good faith, they had no reason to doubt the validity of the information supplied. They have returned the account to the clients as financially complete.

Also enclosed was a copy of a leaflet to contact the financial ombudsman.

An SDR form they refer to in the letter however was not enclosed?

Still no reply from Paypal.

Paypal have now locked my account. Wonder why?

Now sending another letter registered to paypal for not repying to my last letter.

Paul C

• 3 weeks later...

Just received my letter back complaining to PAYPAL - P.O.BOX IN iRELAND

It never arrived. The Post office could not deliver.

The post office have sent it back opened and new envelope dated 23/1/08

That means they did not receive it way back in Oct 2007. The indicator on the letter states Gone away/unknown.

Now what?

Does that mean I cannot proceed at all.

That was the address of paypal europe

P.O.Box9473

Dublin Ireland

Paul C

I thought PayPal Europe was based in Luxembourg now https://www.paypal.com/uk/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p/gen/mentions_eu-outside

If you find my advice helpful - please click on my scales

<<<<<< - they're over there!

Well, it's a funny black star now ...

The small print - any advice I give is freely given on the understanding that I am a layman and am not legally qualified in anyway.

Yes

But I checked for an address and that is one I got.

So not thinking I sent it to the Dublin address.

Ok will just send to Luxemburg and see if it gets a reply.

Paul C

• 1 month later...

Failed misirably.:???:

Have sent all to the Luxemburg address.

Still have no idea what i'm doing.

So will leave this unresolved.

I have not the expertise to know what step to take, time limits and who to contact or knowledge to know which agencies to call in.

I have tried, got knowhere and obviously just hitting my head against a brickwall.Becoming dispondent. (At least haven't lost large sums off money as some ,have on this forum (Good luck in their endevours to redress the problem). I find these companies, small buisinesses hide behind low paid (in some cases) desk bound employees who want to impress and keep their jobs so do everything to stop you complaining or even to get basic rights.

So may just switch off my computer, file away my pens and leave the complaining to budding lawyers.

(Slowly slipping into tired depression)

:???: Paul

• 7 months later...

I've had 2 phone calls from IJL saying I owe £35 to paypal.

The first call I received the man on the phone was really aggressive, demanded my credit/debit card details but didn't tell me anything or why I owed the £35 when I said I wouldn't give him my details he asked for my mobile number and that he'd be in touch.

Second call, I got about 10 minutes ago. I was told I HAD to pay it in full and that paying by debit/credit card was the safest way to pay but I still haven't been told what i'm actually paying, all I know is that it's for paypal which I rarely use unless I get something off Ebay which isn't very often. He gave me a reference number which he told me i'd have to use if I choose to pay by cheque or giro.

I haven't received a letter, just phone calls with men demanding my card details. I've looked on my paypal account to see if there's any information about it but can't find anything there, so i've e-mailed them.

What should I do?

Start a new thread as stated.

Give the details so someone can help with advice.

Don't pay anything, don't discuss on phone.

As stated, just tell them to put it in writing.

But start a new thread with all the details, to log your progress and get specific advice.

Paul C