NR/Wallers Claimform - £29k Pers Loan *DISCONTINUED*

womble72
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5615 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Night Womble.

To summarise then

1. Send off Curlys letter to the solicitors, requesting info under the CPR

2. Ring the court tomorrow, to check the dates you have to have defence in by.

3. Send back an acknowledgement of service, ticking the box that you defend all the claim.

When you have info back from the solicitors, we can work out what your defence needs to contain.

Also in the meantime keep a list of all the times they contact you at work, or any other form of harassment they impose on you.

Don't worry Womble (I know it's easier said than done), but you are in capable hands, and the site team will this through with you.

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

Hi,

I will givw you a quick update.

Sent the CPR off special delivery today.

Also i sent the credit agreement letter as well including £1.00 po.

Spoke to the court and the date to defend by is 8th December 2007.

I will send the aos this afternoon by recorded delivery back to the court.

Keep you posted.

Womble

Hi Paul,

As well as doing the paperwork today i had a chat with the cab.

I told the lady the forum side of things and ask for there opinon as well.

She checked my Northern Rock contract that i orginally signed and she told me you could not dispute the contract in a law of court.

The contract states that if i default on the loan extra charges will incure and you will be charged for the full amount.

She said that you do owe them the money and what Nr want for me is a charging order because they know there will never get the full amount from me at all.

She also said that to defend would be proloning the judgement against me.

This has left me more mixed up then ever before.

If the Nr contract is legal binding how on earth can i stop them for using a charging order against me.

I cant dispute that i dont owe the money.

Please help me decide what to do.

I will need a really good explanation to defend all of the claim.

Someone advised me on here not to bother with the cab but i needed to see what kind of advice they could give me as well.

She said they will ask Gateshead court for the full amount owed to them.

The court will send me the letter to say i must pay the full amount then defend the action and ask for a local court hearing in my area.

Kind Regards

Womble

Regards

Womble

Womble, bear in mind that CAB, as good as they are, aren't fully clued up with the whole lawfulness of charges.

Now NR cannot get a charging order UNLESS you default on a judgement.

What we are trying to do for you here is make NR see sense and come to a reasonable repayment plan with you.

After all you have already approached Payplan and NR refused to deal with them.

This is another point in your favour that YOU are prepared to act in a reasonable manner.

Be VERY careful whose advice you listen too

Hello Womble

Firstly, with the greatest of respect for the CAB, just because a term is incorporated into a contract does not make it legal. if i wrote a contract which said i have the right to slap you if you dont pay me 5000 would the contract be legal?

of course it wouldnt.

The first thing i would say is you have produced your copy of the loan agreement. in any legal action of this nature the onus is upon the claimant to produce the original agreement NOT for you to produce yours. so until they comply with the CPR request we dont even know if they still have it

secondly not having seen your agreement we have not had the we have not had the chance to see if it is in the prescribed form with the prescribed terms contained within

also we have not looked at any default notice to see if this is valid

so you see, no need to be down at this stage, there is still much to fight for

regards

paul

Hi Womble,

CAB are extremely good, but their training and knowledge is limited and they have a prescribed way of working, and I have know them on many occasions to advise people to concede to CCJ's and CO's etc as they do not have the resources. For example early this year I was on a course with a CAB advisor who said that she would never advise anyone to claim back bank charges as she didn't understand the process or the legisaltion we were challenging. It is entirely up to you how to procced, and as we have said before a good defence will be put together for you by the site team helping you on this thread, it will then be up to you what arguments you wish to submit and how you wish to proceed. You must feel comfortable with what you are doing as ultimately it will be you in court defending yourself and you must understand the arguments.

I suggest you have a good read around of defences against CO's and some Northern Rock threads, whilst you wait for the response from Wallers.

If after all that is done, you don't want to submit the defence then you don't have to but you will then end up with the CO on your property.

Regards

EDIT

What sort of equity do you have in your home, and what is your total debt?

• Haha 1

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback.

My equity in the house must be over £60,000.

I owe Nr £25,000 (£35,000) in total at 7.7 apr up to 10 years.

Does anybody would like to read the paperwork i have with nr.

Womble

I am in total debt of £71,000 for all the creditors i owe money to.

Womble

Are all these debts in your sole name?

Is there any real prospect of you being able to pay these debts back in say a 7 year period?

What have you been advised about your debts?

Is your house jointly owned with your partner?

Have you got a mortgage with big early repayment fees on it?

Would it be possible for your partner or another family member to raise around £25k to buy your beneficial interest?

If you didn't have all the unsecured debt would you be able to manage the mortgage and other bills?

Going bankrupt as you state in one of your early posts doesn't always been you lose your house. Have a read here

Some debts are mine and some are my wifes.

We have a large mortgage and we would not be worth it re mortgage because of the high rates.

The other creditors are at this moment happy with Payments via payplan.

The mortgage is joint.

We can manage well minus the debts.

There is no chance of repaying any of these debts in 7 years.

The problem is i dont want to leave our house.

The mortgage is fixed until March 08 then it goes on a variable rate.

I will be looking to find another £200.000 a month.

Womble

Womble, no problem we are here to help, but a Gizmo said, if there is anything you are unsure of ask.

We don't bite ;)

We are trying to get NR to act in a reasonable manner towards this issue and also makes sure that the judge sees this as well.

As you other creditors are willing to accept payment from Payplan then NR should be as well.

• Haha 2

Be VERY careful whose advice you listen too

Hi Womble

I can assure you we will ALL give you the best support we can. the Site helpers who are monitoring this thread are very experienced in these matters and will do our utmost to help you resolve this

so dont worry, i know its easy for me to say but please rest assured we are doing every thing we can to help

Regards

paul

Hi Womble

please do,

as soon as you get a response let us know, it may be handy if you dont already have one, to organise a scanner to scan whatever documents they supply when they come through,it will give us the best chance to scrutinise them

regards

paul