Mobile phone debt sold to Lowell

pebs
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6038 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have recieved a card through the door from Lowell so I rang them to see who they were. They said they have bought a T mobile debt from my old address years ago (although not sure if it was more than 6) for £120.

Ive checked my credit report with the 3 agencys and there is nothing listed (yet!) no default nothing.

I think I read somewhere that you cant cca mobile phone companys so what options are available to me.

Should I just pay it?

lowells probably bought a batch of these debts for a £1 each

mobile phone bills dont come under the CCA law

if its within the 6 years rule, you could negiotate start at 10%, offer them £12 if you want them off them off your back. I wouldnt pay it personally as there is no chance of court action and just bin their poxy worthless letters.

I am just worried as I am trying to rebuild my credit history.

I only have one default on my file from 2002 so that will be gone soon so I just didnt want another one plonked there for the next 6 years!!

They asked me on the phone for 3 monthly payments of £40.

They said this is the minimum payment they will accept and stupidly I gave them my card details to take first payment on 27th of this month!!

I dont even know if I do owe t mobile anything, I just panicked and agreed as I didnt want another default.

They asked me on the phone for 3 monthly payments of £40.

They said this is the minimum payment they will accept and stupidly I gave them my card details to take first payment on 27th of this month!!

I dont even know if I do owe t mobile anything, I just panicked and agreed as I didnt want another default.

Cancel the payment, NOW and dont ever give them a card as they can take any amount they like.

Best thing is to advise bank you have lost the card and get a new one and inform Lowell that payment is now cancelled due to losing card.

I agree. Get Clownells to provide you with written proof that you actually do owe the money. Remember the golden rule NEVER SPEAK TO A DCA ON THE PHONE. Keep everything in writing

They will use every trick in the book to try and get money out of you. The monkeys who work in the call centres get paid commision for every penny they can get out of you. They will get you to agree to pay more than you can afford and make all sorts of threats about baliffs, doorstep callers and threats of court. Most of which are downright untruths. If you keep everything in writing then you have proof what you agreed. Never give them Debit Card details or sign a direct debit as som of them have been known to take more out than you agreed. If they prove you actually owe them money then pay them either by postal order or standing order. That way YOU remain in control.

i have cancelled my card and i will write to request proof that they actually own the debt....although not sure what to say yet!

Here you go with a curlyben special. Adapt to suit

You have contacted me/us regarding the account with the above reference number, which you claim is owed by myself/ourselves.

I/we would point out that I/we have no knowledge of any such debt being owed to (insert company name).

I am/we are familiar with the Office of Fair Trading Debt Collection Guidance which states that it unfair to send demands for payment to an individual when it is uncertain that they are the debtor in question.

I/we would also point out that the OFT say under the Guidance that it is unfair to pursue third parties for payment when they are not liable. In not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt you are using deceptive/and or unfair methods.

Furthermore ignoring and/or disregarding claims that debts have been settled or are disputed and continuing to make unjustified demands for payment amounts to physical/psychological harassment.

I/we would ask that no further contact be made concerning the above account unless you can provide evidence as to my/our liability for the debt in question.

I/we await your written confirmation that this matter is now closed. Otherwise I will have no option but to make a complaint to the trading standards department and consider informing the OFT of your actions.

I/we look forward to your reply

Knowing Clownells they will ring you and say you have made a verbal agreement that you owe the money and they have you on tape and will take you to court etc etc. TOTAL HOGWASH. Make THEM prove it