leslety vs. halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5876 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

You don't have to accept it as full and final settlement and can accept it as a partial/ interim settlement.

From the link I gave you:

"Having sent your request for repayment you may receive a 'full and final' offer of settlement which is likely to be less than the amount you have requested. This may also be with the actual payment itself by cheque, or they may make a payment directly into your account.

If this happens, send letter 1 shown below which will clarify your position of having rejected the sum as a 'full and final' settlement, but at the same time will allow you to accept it only as a partial payment towards your whole claim.

It is important to remember that if the offer has further conditions attached then you should use letter 2 below." (use the link in my post above)

The letter you send is dependent on the offer letter you got from them. Does it say goodwill or in full and final settlement?

Ta Kenny:)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No it doesn't say anything about goodwill or in full and final settlement. After all of what I posted above, it simply mentions how I previously received a copy of their complaints leaflet and should any of my concerns remain unsolved to let them know what they can do to put matters right. Also that they are keen to resolve my concerns and if they are unable to do so they will provide me with details of how to contact the FOS for assistance. They added that if I do not respond within eight weeks they will assume I am satisfied with their response, which I am not! hehe :p

So I'm guessing I should send letter 2? :cool:

Sorry to be annoying :p but I'm confused about which letter I should send as the link to both rejection letters above are responses to a settlement offer which isn't what I have received, all I have received is an acknowledgment of my complaint and that they are resolving my complaint by refunding all the charges to bring my balance within its alloted overdraft limit.