Any experts RE DDA

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6025 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi There,

I’m actually a Director of an Occupational Health Company so I may be able to give you some help.

As you have not been suffering from this condition for more that one year you will not be considered under the DDA. There is, obviously other options such as Ill Health Retirement but an Occupational Health Physician would make this decision.

I’m keen to learn if your employer has discussed re-deployment with you or if you have actually seen an Occupational Health Nurse/Physician. I’m sure there could be adjustment made to your working environment but before this can be done it would be in your best interest if a work station assessment was carried out. I would push your employer to carry out a risk assessment to see if your job may be aggravating your condition and establish if any changes could be made to accommodate your illness.

If I can be of any further assistance feel free to ask.

Robert

You don't have to be suffering with the complaint for 1 year to qualify under the DDA. If it can be proved via your doctor that the condition will last for more than one year then you do Qualify as disabled under the act, and your employer must make reasonable adjustments.

• Haha 1