Parking Ticket Issued Unjustly..Help Pls...

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6081 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hello all…I’m in a dilemma and I do hope that someone might be able to help. Basically I’ve been issued with a parking fine by Vehicle Control Services Ltd (VCS), a private company on a private property but I have reasons to think that the ticket have been issued unjustly. I returned to my apartment at 3am in the morning, only to find someone else has occupied my parking space. Before I proceed, I just want to clarify that the apartment’s vicinity is gated and each flat is allocated a parking lot with the number of the flat inscribed on the lot itself. Being that I returned during the wee hours of the morning, I couldn’t contact VCS to pursue this matter, therefore I made the decision to park on a double yellow line nearest to my provided parking slot, leaving a note on the windscreen stating that someone else has occupied my space and if my vehicle needs moving, they could either use the telecom system to buzz me at my flat number or call my mobile on which I have left my number. I made this decision to park on the double yellow line based on the following reasons:-

a) I didn’t want to invade other people’s private parking space, causing inconvenience to them. Also, if my car had been damaged by the owner of that particular parking space out of anger or temper, who would be liable for it as I haven’t got any proof or evidence. I was merely taking precautionary measures and being considerate at the same time.

b) I did not want to park outside the apartment’s vicinity i.e. outside the main gates because this would invalidate my car insurance policy and they wouldn’t cover any damage or theft if my vehicle was parked outside the apartment’s vicinity overnight.

Therefore, I think the action that I have taken has been justified. I even waited for over 2 hours for someone to own up to the vehicle that was occupying my slot to settle the parking fine but when he turned up, he refused to pay the fine saying that the car doesn’t belong to him and he claims that his mate, the person who owns the car wouldn’t bear the cost of the ticket. He even has the cheek to say that it was my fault and I should have just occupied someone else’s parking slot. I was infuriated and went straight to the police but they couldn’t do anything as no offence was committed thus they couldn’t take any action. The police was kind enough to refer me to some community support police but they have yet to do anything up till now. I have written an appeal letter to VCS, providing photographic evidence of the other vehicle occupying my parking slot. I have also provided details of the person I have been liaising with but they have rejected my appeal, stating that I have to pay the £80 penalty no matter what. In the VCS respond letter, they state that the fee cannot be waived but I called them saying that I’m not wanting the penalty to be waived off but instead they should be prosecuting the other vehicle instead of mine. All they say is that they couldn’t do anything and I have to fork out the £80 which is a huge sum to me. I feel that this is totally unfair and I do hope someone can offer me some advice on this issue.

Thank you all.