Pub Carpark ticket!!!! what next????

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6055 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I parked in a pub car park yesterday and popped over to the chemist. when I came back to my car I had a PARKSAFE parking ticket on my windscreen!!!

it states that 'you are required to pay a parking charge of £60 within 14 days from the above date, please forward payment to . . . . . . . .

PHOTOGRAPHIC EVIDENCE HAS BEEN TAKEN AND CAN BE USED IN COURT

it also says if i dont pay within 14 days iy goes to £85, then £135!!!!!

any help will be appriciated

thanks

Read the "sticky" at the top of this section.

My suggestion. Do nothing for now.

If and when they write to you write back saying:

Dear Sirs,

Thank you for your letter of [date].

I am the keeper of this vehicle. You, however, need to refer to the driver of the vehicle.

Yours faithfully

Others may suggest you are more detailed. My view is that this is "reverse negotiation" - give as little as possible and make them feel like it is pulling teeth. Keep it short, sweet and to the point.

Nothing in this post constitutes "advice" which I may not, in any event, be qualified to provide.

The only interpretation permitted on this post (or any others I may have made) is that this is what I would personally consider doing in the circumstances discussed. Each and every reader of this post or any other I may have made must take responsibility for forming their own view and making their own decision.

I receive an unwieldy number of private messages. I am happy to respond to messages posted on open forum but am unable to respond to private messages, seeking advice, when the substance of that message should properly be on the open forum.

Many thanks for your assistance and understanding on this.

I've made the mistake in the past of being too verbose - it gives the [problematic] encouragement.

At the very least wait for their letter. It costs Parksafe £2.50 to get the details from the DVLC then there is stamps and stationery. The more people that use and know of these forums the more the [problematic] will be squeezed.

Tell all your friends - DO NOT PAY - lets get these people out of business.

I don't suppose you've got a photo of the sign. It does not really make any difference but some of the wording used by [problematic] is ludicrous, rendering the agreement nonsensical.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barnsley Boy viewpost.gif

Tell all your friends - DO NOT PAY - lets get these people out of business.

....along with all the other small businesses who PAY to provide car parking for their customers only to find it abused by people who cannot read.

Green and Mean

Don't say that your concern is for these businesses. Restricted parking and over zealous enforcement has done far more harm to small businesses than just about anything else. Councils can't see past short term revenue collection, meanwhile town centres are dying on their feet.

Issueing Private Parking Tickets is not any sort of answer to "unauthorised" parking. The business model depends upon ignorance of the law and is "enforced" by intimidation. Contrary to your statement, it is the people who can read who can rise above it, not the people who can't.