Getting tough with Barclays.

Hopeful1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5680 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

There is a thread somewhere that lists the reasons for reclaiming - I will see if I can find it. I read somewhere that 'front loading' it onto the loan and charging interest on it is an excellent starting point, and as you rightly say you were not asked if you had alternative cover.

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/ppi/61081-ppi-some-notes-claimants.html

This isn't the one I meant but is worth a read if you haven't already:D

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

There is a thread somewhere that lists the reasons for reclaiming - I will see if I can find it. I read somewhere that 'front loading' it onto the loan and charging interest on it is an excellent starting point, and as you rightly say you were not asked if you had alternative cover.

I posted a similiar message for someone. I went off to get the link....

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/ppi/61081-ppi-some-notes-claimants.html

This isn't the one I meant but is worth a read if you haven't already:D

..and posted a similiar message to this one too, 'cause i couldn't find the info i wanted!!! :p

Thanks GL, i thought i'd read something about the frontloading malarkey, i just can't remember what or where.

I think i've printed some info off, i just need to remember which safe place i put it in :D

I'm midway through the tunnel, but getting closer to the light.

Please be aware that i am not an expert in anything!

I may offer an opinion, but the final decision is yours.

I'm posting the links to scans of the loan agreement (2 pages) BS sent me and the default notice if anyone wants to comment. I have pasted them on my main thread as well.

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb204/Hopeful12/default.jpg

I'm just seeking advice on how to go about this because of the refusal to refund or even cancel the PPI.

I'm posting the links to scans of the loan agreement (2 pages) BS sent me and the default notice if anyone wants to comment. I have pasted them on my main thread as well.

I'm just seeking advice on how to go about this because of the refusal to refund or even cancel the PPI.

Hello Hopeful,

can you look and amend, what you have posted up, your amendments aren't sufficient:o

They cannot refuse to cancel your ppi. god they make me so mad. Write to them tomorrow and tell them that you now want the ppi cancelled. Tell them to look at the information from the Financial Services Authority about cancelling ppi and fair refunds to custormers. If they won't budge, report them to the FSA immediately.

I feel the default notice should be in dispute, because it contains mis-sold ppi. but that can wait for another day.

The reason that you could not make the payments, is because they applied the ppi for their unjust enrichment, don't forget this:mad:

Do you have any letters from them stating that they will not cancel it????

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

Hell i've deleted them on photbucket, but can still see them through your last post - can you delete links?

If not, can a mod help please - sorry to be a pain.

The lovely rory saves the day, He is another star:D

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

I've been mooching around reading up on PPI. The bit below is from the Martin Lewis site. I know some people don't like him, but he does explain things very simply, which is good for the daft ones like me:

When you try to cancel your insurance without ending the loan, some lenders make you start a new agreement. They are allowed to do this as long as the new loan is on the same or better terms and does not detriment you in any way, for example it shouldn’t be more expensive or last longer. You should ask for this to be done without making a new search on your credit file.

The FSA says: "When consumers cancel the PPI without repaying the loan, some firms will need to reissue the loan without the PPI. Firms should ensure they treat their customers fairly in relation to the terms on which they reissue the loan."

I found this useful 'cause not cancelling the PPI is an issue for me at the moment with BS.

There may be someone else out there who finds it useful :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys!

Not had any updates on my case yet, but could anyone with PPI knowledge / experience have a look at p.5 of the thread below, please?

The query relates to Paragon finance and mis-sold PPI. Fairbank, the poster, is quite desperate for advice, as Paragon are threatening him with further action:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/120688-morbid-tale-debt.html

Thank you in advance :)

Hey guys!

Not had any updates on my case yet, but could anyone with PPI knowledge / experience have a look at p.5 of the thread below, please?

The query relates to Paragon finance and mis-sold PPI. Fairbank, the poster, is quite desperate for advice, as Paragon are threatening him with further action:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/120688-morbid-tale-debt.html

Thank you in advance :)

Fairbank now has a link on this forum:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/payment-protection-insurance-ppi/123198-re-morbid-tale-debt.html

I Wish you everything you wish yourself.

NatWest Claimed £1,639. Accepted £1,344.

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

Barclays 1 Claimed £1,260. Won by default. Paid in full

Barclays 2 Claimed £2,378. Won by default. Paid in full

Birmingham Midshires. Claimed £2,122. Accepted £2,075.

Bless you Tonycee. I've been sat brooding about a few non-financial issues and that has really made me chuckle - thank you.

You're a star :)

I've been sat brooding about a few non-financial issues

Hope you are ok.

Life sucks.

• Haha 1

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

Hope you are ok.

Life sucks.

The way i look at things now Tonycee is that all the yacky bits can only make us stronger. My focus is to get all this money stuff sorted the best i can for me and my little boy. Nothing else has ever made me feel as low as my financial situation did pre-CAG and i won't let it either.

So yes, i am ok. I've had a difficult decision to make and over the next month or so i need to find the courage to discuss it with the person concerned. Everything will work out for the best though. I am confident of that.

Thank you for your concern.

• Haha 1

;) Thanks to GL for the supportive click ;)

Well, this loan has now been passed to debt collectors :mad:

I have started a new thread in the debt and debt collectors forum as it is no longer just about PPI. I really am pi$$ed off now with this lot. I've posted the link to the annoying tale below:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/123745-barclays-calling-cards-more.html

• 1 month later...

Just to update, all has gone VERY quiet on this account since i sent the info off to FOS.

I'm sure things will change any day now, but in the meantime i am enjoying the peace and dealing with a few other situations.

I will be back :D

Wow!

:) Barclays have actually acknowledged 1 of the many complaints i've made. Today's letter refers to my complaint about agents putting calling cards through my door. They have said they realise they are not invited and will not make any further visits.

They still wish me to call re the loan acc. I shall of course write to thank them for their letter but to gently remind them i will resume payment when they cancel the PPI :mad::D !!

Little steps.....:)

Wow!

:) Barclays have actually acknowledged 1 of the many complaints i've made. Today's letter refers to my complaint about agents putting calling cards through my door. They have said they realise they are not invited and will not make any further visits.

They still wish me to call re the loan acc. I shall of course write to thank them for their letter but to gently remind them i will resume payment when they cancel the PPI :mad::D !!

Little steps.....:)

Nice to see you Hopeful,

Yes little steps indeed:D

A few small steps forward and 1 huge step back....

'They' have written to say they've investigated my complaint re PPI and it is unfounded. They are still telling me i need to reapply for the loan without PPI. Why can they not just do it automatically??

Anyway, i have spoken to FOS and they have told me Barclays should be liasing with them and that they've been told this, so i am to sit tight.

Ha!! In your face BC :p

Ha!! In your face BC :p

:) :) :) :) :)

• 2 months later...

Well, unfortunately FOS have agreed with Barclays. They have said they do not don't doubt my integrity but i cannot provide enough proof. Good old BC have all the correct docs. I need to put it down to my last financial mistake.

Anyway, as advised i have been into the branch to ask for the loan to be reissued without PPI. I hav epointed out i am now on a temporary contract. I also questioned whether i could claim on the policy after such a long time without making a payment. I said i would be happy to make an arrangement if they would sort out the PPI.

There was no log of the saga on the advisor's computer system. As BC have defaulted me on my current acc (cause of charges) he couldn't issue a reloan anyway as it is linked to the acc.

He asked a colleague for advice. She couldn't come up with an answer either.

They have sent a complaint off for me.

Here we go again :rolleyes: :grin: