Getting tough with Barclays.

Hopeful1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5670 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am jsut going to get this thread started as i am anticipating a rocky road.

This thread is concerning my loan, taken out online about 2 years ago - i think. it's recentish anyway.

Many months ago i asked for the PPI to be cancelled to help lower the payments. I explained i have life insurance and good sick pay from work. I was told i would have to wait until my arrears were cleared. I paid some off and they agreed to absorb the rest into loan. I had no intention of reclaiming any paid premiums at this point.

I wrote directly to the insurance company in Shannon. They told me that i had to deal with Barclays to do this.

I sent a CCA request to Barclays to see what was what, but i have not had a response. They're in summary criminal default with that.

I have had to withhold payment because i can't keep up.

I am now going to S.A.R Barclays. I've decided i might as well look for charges too. No more Mrs Soft too nice for her own good person.

I will be happy to pay this debt when i have a true balance without all these added extras.

So, that is my introduction, i will update this thread when i receive my 1st unhelpful response :p

If only Barclays had just cancelled the PPI when i asked.....

I'm midway through the tunnel, but getting closer to the light.

Please be aware that i am not an expert in anything!

I may offer an opinion, but the final decision is yours.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They won't cancel PPI without a fight - after all they will have to pay back all the lovely commission they got from setting it up:mad:. Best of luck. I am starting a PPI claim for my friend on a secured loan.

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

I'd be interested to see how that claim goes Goldlady. I've had 2 secured loans in the past. I am planning to S.A.R them at some point. Mine were from sub prime lenders. Their rates are extortionate and i'd love to get something back from them.

I've just printed off my S.A.R request for Barclays. Luckily enough I found the 10.00 postal order i sent for my bank acc. statements which they had returned!! Every little bit helps :p

Time for bed - why does Sunday or more to the point, Monday, come so quickly :confused::rolleyes:

I have my final law exam on Friday:eek: and I am still posting on here. I must be mad. Best of luck Hopeful:)

BANK CHARGES

Others

I have my final law exam on Friday:eek: and I am still posting on here. I must be mad. Best of luck Hopeful:)

Wow Goldlady, good luck and get swatting for that one. So we will know where to come for advise re law etc

• Haha 1

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

Mmm, Barclays are slowly creeking into action after my latest letters. I've received an acknowledgment of my CCA. Nothing much i know, but after 2 months of waiting....:p

By the new year i might have received my S.A.R info and roundabouts Christmas 2010 they might have refunded my PPI :rolleyes:

Goldlady, shouldn't you be revising? :o :)

Panicking more like (taking a break!). My 13 year old son swallowed a keyring at 6pm yesterday, I got home from the second hospital at 4am after he had a general anaesthetic so they could pull it back out again. Then went to collect him at 10.30am today - so have had 4 hours sleep and lost almost a day of revision time:eek:

BANK CHARGES

Others

Mmm, Barclays are slowly creeking into action after my latest letters. I've received an acknowledgment of my CCA. Nothing much i know, but after 2 months of waiting....:p

By the new year i might have received my S.A.R info and roundabouts Christmas 2010 they might have refunded my PPI :rolleyes:

wow that quick:lol:

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

Goldlady - As i type your light is off - so to speak, i hope you are finding time to revise and then relax. I hope your son is ok now, but have you banned him from moving now though until your exams are over?! I have my fingers crossed for you ;-)

HHNF - I am living up to my name with those timescales and being a Hopeful1! :p

Hope you're well.

• 4 weeks later...

Still no S.A.R or CCA, but have had an acknowledgement (it's a start). If they don't satisfy my S.A.R request soon it's all going ot FOS. I've wasted so much time for absolutley nothing so far.

The demands are coming in for payment now, but this is well and truly in dispute until they cancel the PPI.

Barclays :evil:

Still no S.A.R or CCA, but have had an acknowledgement (it's a start). If they don't satisfy my S.A.R request soon it's all going ot FOS. I've wasted so much time for absolutley nothing so far.

The demands are coming in for payment now, but this is well and truly in dispute until they cancel the PPI.

Barclays :evil:

They are well and truely useless, but all the better for you my dear.;)

Have you written to them and told them that the account is now in dispute.:D

Why have they not cancelled the ppi. Have you looked at the FSA offical guidance on this.:o

Consumers to benefit from PPI refunds agreement

Hi HHNF :)

When i started the requests to stop the PPI i didn't use any formal template letters, because i started this a while before all the excitement really kicked off in the media. I had however, told them i have adequate sick cover at work plus life policies etc. I didn't realise it was going to be so complicated. When i started all this, i wasn't even asking for a refund!!

I want to see the credit agreement to see what i've signed up to. I've just checked my dates and i sent the CCA request at the end of August! I hadn't realised it was so long ago. Tut Tut - i've had at least 2 demands for payment from them. I'll have to check my S.A.R dates.

I'm on a mission with this lot now for both this and my bank acc.

How's you anyway? You are so efficient on here answering everyone posts. It's much appreciated ;):)

Consumers to benefit from PPI refunds agreement

Think i might print this off and send it to Barclays, perhaps they haven't had chance to read it :shock::p

A courier has delivered 2 HUGE envelopes from BS (a polite version of my new nickname for them). There is page after page of info about the loan and bank account. (i have already had the statements for bank acc.) There is not ONE SINGLE statement for the loan account and still no CCA :evil:

On the 12th they said it would take a further 10 days regarding the CCA.

I have no idea whether charges have been applied.

I have no idea what the terms of the agreement was re PPI.

There are figures in various parts of the paperwork sent, in relation to the loan, which vary from over £6000 to over £9000 :eek:

I have no idea how much of the loan is PPI.

If possible could someone help me focus on how to tackle all this, please.

Well they are obviously playing games:mad:. I sent a SAR request re my friend's loan which has 13k of PPI on it and they sent her statements and returned the £10 cheque saying that they only needed a £10 cheque if we wanted transcripts of phone calls and all the notes about the account. Er HELLO! that is what I asked for in the first place. Delaying tactics.

How much did you borrow in the first place? That is the starting point. If it's like my friend's loan the PPI was added on at the start. You really need the agreement to see what went on :mad:. I am sure if one of the experts comes along they will point you to a letter that says - you have failed to comply fully with my SAR. If you want to PM me what figures you do have - assuming you don't want to post them on here - I will see if I can make any sense of it.

• Haha 1

BANK CHARGES

Others

A courier has delivered 2 HUGE envelopes from BS (a polite version of my new nickname for them). There is page after page of info about the loan and bank account. (i have already had the statements for bank acc.) There is not ONE SINGLE statement for the loan account and still no CCA :evil:

On the 12th they said it would take a further 10 days regarding the CCA.

I have no idea whether charges have been applied.

I have no idea what the terms of the agreement was re PPI.

There are figures in various parts of the paperwork sent, in relation to the loan, which vary from over £6000 to over £9000 :eek:

I have no idea how much of the loan is PPI.

If possible could someone help me focus on how to tackle all this, please.

Hello Hopeful,

They don't want to be helpful, because they know what you are going to do with the info. Just keep at them.:mad:

If they have not sent you info on the loan or the ca for it, send them a non-compliance of the Data Protection Act letter. Sending back the £10 as payment. It is important that they cash this cheque.;)

Data Protection Act - Non-Compliance - Template Letters

Hiya Goldlady, how did your exams go, well I hope and have you been keeping key rings away from your son.:D

Hi Hell, I don't get my results till mid-Dec and I still can't remember what the questions were:p. I really just wanted to go to sleep - but I did write a load of drivel for 3 hours.

How are you getting on with your paper mountain Hopeful?

BANK CHARGES

Others

Hi Hell, I don't get my results till mid-Dec and I still can't remember what the questions were:p. I really just wanted to go to sleep - but I did write a load of drivel for 3 hours.

How are you getting on with your paper mountain Hopeful?

Hello Goldlady,

Apologies Hopeful, I hope that you don't mind, if I hijack your thread as I need to ask Goldlady a question.

"There has been a lot of questions lately, regarding when a complaint can be handled, investigated by the FOS, now my belief it in late 2004 when the FSA was regulated anything before that you only have the option of court to resolve it. I would appreciate your comments on this."

Thanks

• Haha 1

I don't know much about this as haven't read anything about it. Are you talking specifically about bank charge claims? I used the FOS to claim an underpayment on an endowment policy at least five years ago:)

BANK CHARGES

Others

Hello Ladies!! :D

Right, little one is bed, bottle of lager is open, got my Bounty chocolate bar, football is on.....

...now i'm ready for action!!

I have found a statement for the loan after about the 10th sift through my mountain. I am GOBSMACKED:

each month they are adding between £118 - 135 in interest :shock: What the hell have i signed up to???

Ha Ha - i have just spotted the PPI figure. I will PM Goldlady and HHNF with my figures in case there are any BS spies around!! 9if that's ok with you both) :rolleyes:

I have missed several payments on this and am withholding now anyway due to the no show on the CA. Having seen the interest, i don't think it's worth paying anyway grrrr :?

Geez i'm glad i'd opened my beer before looking at that properly ;)

Thank you to both Goldlady and HHNF for taking the time to offer advice through PMs.

The upshot is, i need my credit agreement :evil: (i said that loudly in case BS are reading :D )

Another letter to BS will be concocted today.....will post next installment .

Thank you to both Goldlady and HHNF for taking the time to offer advice through PMs.

The upshot is, i need my credit agreement :evil: (i said that loudly in case BS are reading :D )

Another letter to BS will be concocted today.....will post next installment .

Wow Hopeful,

I even heard that one. lol

Have they breached on the timescales for the ca request, if so give them a nudge on that one.

The ca is the key to the refund, We need to know the total charge for credit on both the loan and the ppi.

But there are more ways to skin the cat (yuck, I hate that expression).

Hopefully, they will dig a bigger hole for themselves with their non-compliance to legal requests.

Right, i need some help digesting this please...

BS have sent the loan CA. I have 2 pages:

1. Barclayloan Agreement - Bank Copy (B) to be signed and returned with (a).

Fixed loan sum agreement regulated by the consumer c a 1974

This is a CA regulated by the CCA 1974. Sign it only if you want to be legally bound by its terms.

I've signed and dated it.

They haven't signed.

It then says:

I wish to purchase Barclayloan Payment Protection

I've ticked the box and signed.

On the 2nd page are all the figures, which i will PM to GL and HHNF. This loan totals over £12,000 :eek: :eek: . I thought it was only for around £6,600 :o

I have requested the PPI be refunded on the basis that i have additional insurance that will cover me and my work sick pay is adequate.

I can't remember if i discussed any of this over the 'phone. I applied online as i was offered the loan in the 'My Offers' section. A courier brought the papers to the door for me to sign and then took them away. I think info was then sent to me but obviously i didn't use the 14 day cancellation period.

Am i right thinking i haven't got a strong enough argument to say this was mis-sold?

Can i still have the PPI cancelled without being reassessed for a new loan?

They haven't sent me a copy of the policy document. I'm assuming this should have come in the S.A.R?

Geez what a mess :confused:

I just want this loan figure reduced.

The day after i recieved my long awaited credit agreement BS sent a default notice :mad:

I need to formalise my argument for reclaiming PPI. Initially i just wanted them to cancel it because i realised it was increasing my payments. Now i want everything i can get :mad::p

I have told them i have alternative insurances and a decent sick pay scheme from work (i work for the local authority) since making my cancellation request.

Is it enough to say i was not asked if i have alternative provision?

Also, i was not aware of what an impact the insurance and interest would have on the loan balance.

I have ticked yes on the agreement which i signed on the doorstep as a courier brought and immediately took the documents. I did have 14 day cancellation rights though.

Not sure how strong my case is with this, so all opinions will be welcomed!

I obviously need to respond quickly because of the default notice - oooo they make me mad :mad: