What are NR up to? **WON**

Graham777
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5677 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Womble,

My court date was on 22nd November. They turned up but I did'nt. I challenged there right to enforce the agreement as they did not have a copy of the agreement, (I have never signed or seen an agreement). The judge transferred the case to my local court and directed NR to provide a witness statement along with a skeleton argument by 21st Jan 2008. Meanwhile, they tried to get me to set up a tomlin order and used lots of intimidatory threats designed to make me cave in. Then, on the 21st Jan 2008 they sent the court a Notice of Discontinuance which didn't really suprise me as they did not have a leg to stand on.

G

congratulations:D :D

You may receive different advice to your query as people have different experiences and opinions. Please use your own judgement in deciding whose advice to take.

If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional. Any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability.

If you think I have been helpful PLEASE click the scales

court bundles for dummies

• 5 months later...

Well, after receiving various threatening letters about payments for this loan from NR, I got quite peed off. I reported them to Newcastle Trading standards for the lack of CCA who agreed to look into it. I then received a letter from NR saying that they 'would not be pursuing any sums under this account'. So, rather than get fined, they have finally written the debt off!

Cheers,

G

• 3 months later...

You won't get any money back that you paid IMO.

The agreement is not void it is simply unenforceable. The writing off of debts is covered by statute and as such unjust enrichment doesn't really apply e.g. the creditor didn't follow statute so you are entitled to not repay the loan. No where does it state that you are entitled to any monies paid back.

In my view any such claim would be deemed as unjust enrichment on your behalf and as such any claim would not be successful as you have no entitlement to the monies. Had the agreement been void then this would be another matter.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

No, it's simply unenforceable in the legal sense.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.