Bank account and credit card - all in one?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6471 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi could anyone give me some advice. Have been reading all the threads and FAQs and really can't find an answer to this!! I want to claim for my bank charges and CC charges simultaniously and was wondering whether I could send one letter with bank and CC numbers on (and one cheque for £10) or if i should send 2 separate letters (with two cheques)...

Seems I will be sending them both to Trinty Road (Sarah Briggs...) so feels abit crazy to send 2 but if that ness then so be it!

Thanks lots - this site is fantastic and think I might have about a grand to claim so shall def donate :)

As far as I'm aware you should treat the accounts as unconnected and issue two letters. Halifax will likely be as awkward as possible so if you don't they'll probably use the dodgy argument of 'different companies.'

Also, you should set up a parachute account if you haven't already done so. On my CC default letter they say "If the terms and conditions of your account allow, we may also transfer money from any other accounts you have with us to reduce the debt outstanding." Like with the charges, this may not be legal, but that won't stop them and it would be rather inconvenient!

Sorry halidebt you are wrong! as long as both accounts are with the same bank you only need one SAR - (Subject Access Request) letter with both account numbers on and one £10 fee! hope this clears things up?:)

I agree, then when you go further towards court, because you have one letter from Halifax you can use it to claim in one action.

• 2 months later...

Hey all, seems like i have been away a long time.

Have been following other stories with interest but has all been quite straightforward with my accounts til now...

Was initially offered poxy payment of about £100 which accepted as part payment. Filed against them with Moneyclaim claiming:

£604 charges (both accounts together)

£222.66 interest

£75.51 in 8% interest

Have now been sent a letter from Halifax without admission of liability offering £494 in charges and £222.64 in interest, with a paragraph stating

"The Halifax does not consider that you are entitled to the further £195.51" that you are claiming. Unless you can provide evidence of this further loss the Halifax will file a defence in respect to this part of the claim"

Is this normal??

Have only used the spreadsheets from here and am fairly (very!) sure my figures are correct. Am wondering whether I should accept this but am inclined to think that should continue????

ANY ADVICE PLEASE!!

Has this happened to anybody else?

Thanks all for reading - any opinions gratefully received :eek::eek:

Hello, wstill wondering if anyone has any advice on the above query?

:confused::confused::confused:

Has this happened to anybody where they offer part of what you are claiming after the court stage?? :|

Sorry to harass :oops: but am a little confused/concerned! :-o

Thanks Soph

Did you send halifax a copy of your spreadsheet? If you did i would ask them to send you a copy of the charges that they have worked out and look to see how they differ from yours. Stress to them that you will not be withdrawing your claim till you have received the full amount or have received proof that the revised amount is correct.

Hope this helps you out, good luck

alexthekid

Could you just clarify things for me...

£604 charges (both accounts together)

£222.66 interest - is this overdraft interest that was caused solely by those charges? This seems to be very high in relation to the level of charges.

£75.51 in 8% interest

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.