Are Capital One Lying to me?

wendfd
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6089 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have just has a reply from Capital One regarding the mis sold PPI I was claiming. They sent me a copy of my original form and said that I had ticked the box which asks for insurance. The "tick" in question looks nothing like all the other ticks on the form. It is a straight line where as I do a proper tick, it is at a different angle and its either a thicker pen or heavier hand. Would they have put this tick there themselves? I am pretty sure it wasn't me as I make a habit of not taking up the insurance. I didn't really notice at the time but did cancel it after a year or so as I am self employed an no it would be know good trying to make a claim.

I have just has a reply from Capital One regarding the mis sold PPI I was claiming. They sent me a copy of my original form and said that I had ticked the box which asks for insurance. The "tick" in question looks nothing like all the other ticks on the form. It is a straight line where as I do a proper tick, it is at a different angle and its either a thicker pen or heavier hand. Would they have put this tick there themselves? I am pretty sure it wasn't me as I make a habit of not taking up the insurance. I didn't really notice at the time but did cancel it after a year or so as I am self employed an no it would be know good trying to make a claim.

Hello,

If it comes down to your word against theirs and I know who I would believe. It is amazing what lengths they stoop to. They can print off a copy of the agreement, tick or mark the box and them photcopy it and sent it to you and hope that you are non the wiser. They have been fined very heavily by the financial services authority for mis-selling ppi.

Do you have the customer copy to check?

Is it a photocopy of your agreement and are all the prescribed terms on the form.

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

Hi

Its a photocopy of the original and the terms are separate. Its actually my husbands policy and theres a good chance they may have telephoned him to sell him the insurance and added the tick. (although they deny this in their letter) He is self employed so the insurance would not be worth having. I cancelled it a year or so later when I realised he was paying it. I am going to write back and complain and threaten to go to the OFT

Hi

Its a photocopy of the original and the terms are separate. Its actually my husbands policy and theres a good chance they may have telephoned him to sell him the insurance and added the tick. (although they deny this in their letter) He is self employed so the insurance would not be worth having. I cancelled it a year or so later when I realised he was paying it. I am going to write back and complain and threaten to go to the OFT

Hello Wend,

Also threaten the financial services authority, if the card was taken out after 2004 also the financial ombudsman.

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW