Very abusive letter from Daniel Silverman re: S&B Controlled Parking 'fine'

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6042 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well, assuming this chap to be the actual MD and if he is as genuine as he sounds, then fair enough and credit where credit is due.

Unfortunatley, like capital-one and HL solicitors, many companies allow their letter heads etc to be used by clients which of course also get abused doing the 'host' companies no favours.

We'll see what happens.

Thanks to Trevor Nunn, Ombudsman watcher at Public Service Ombudsman Watchers

This article came to my attention. It makes the point precisely that I just made; before knowing it, but it was and is completely foreseeable.

Utterly beneath contempt, and it shows the ruthless truthless leading bleading bullies I spoke of in May 2006. Here.

Abuse of Authority, Breach of Contract.

The tip of the iceberg that went on to 700 pages. Full disambiguation of all the spin and sin.

Logic Reasoning Thought Laws

Daily Express TODAY's 'GRATE' BRITAIN, Thank you PMs for setting an example and (b)leading Britain by example, away from spin.

By Frederick Forsyth Have your say(0)

I READ with disgust that a 61-year-old grandmother, hounded to sheer despair by debt collectors who claimed she owed nearly £16,000, finally ended her misery through suicide.

Then it was discovered that the pursuing bank had got the wrong name and address. The real debtor was male and lived 200 miles away. Computer error, sorreeeee.

Read full article..

Daily Express: The World's Greatest Newspaper :: Columnists :: Put a stop to corporate bullies

The above links are provided for background and context.

Many large companies have a complaints procedure I do not subscribe to because it is generally a logic gate sequence that often is at one's own cost, that takes one outside the shop; in front of customers, down a back alleyway leading to an abattoir of frustration and death by giving up for attrition; all because the procedure is designed to palliate their errors, and suppress dissent in the open arena. There are of course exceptions.

• 2 weeks later...

I was interested to see the posting from the MD of the DCA. It's a step in the right direction, but it's very limited in its scope.

He may say he's 'absolutely horrified' about the letter was sent out - but he seems comfortable enough chasing these dubious parking invoices.

I note that he's claims to be aware of the OFT guidelines, so I one can only suppose that his staff are either poorly trained or poorly managed, since it is clear that at least one of them has very clearly breached the guidelines in a way that I suspect would cause the OFT to question the firm's fitness to hold a Consumer Credit Licence.

From what I have heard about this company, however, I don't believe that this breach of the guidelines is the only one. Can you come back, Mr Hughes, and provide an absolute assurance that your firm doesn't act in a deceitful and misleading manner - for example, by telling people that they are obliged to disclose who the driver of a car was, when they have no legal liability whatever to do so?

Moving on to the data protection issue, I wonder if Mr Hughes can enlighten us as to just what a 'Data Protection Licence' is. A data controller needs to be registered with the Information Commissioner, and that's all - there's no licence involved. Now, when I searched the register I found that Daniel Silverman is registered as a data controller - but not for processing data for the purposes of debt collection.

I would like to think that Mr Hughes' letter to Darcey P will contain not just an abject and unconditional apology, but also confirmation that his firm will no longer pursue the (highly dubious) alleged debt, as well as some form of offer to compensate Darcey P for the obvious distress his firm has caused.

After all, I'm sure Mr Hughes will be astute enough to see that this is a can of worms best left unopened. It would be cheaper for him to pay the parking cowboys himself than to pursue the matter. After all, let's suppose his firm continue to try and collect. They'd have to go to Court; where, quite apart from the clearly spurious parking charge, Darcey P will be able to put the letter before the judge as evidence of how Silvermans do business. She can also show that Silvermans were not properly registered to process her data. Then, of course, she can complain to the Financial Ombudsman Service, whose investigation will cost Silvermans at least £400, and she ask for an order to be made in respect of the anxiety and distress caused. Then she can complain to Trading Standards, who can bring Silvermans' fitness to hold a consumer credit licence to the attention of the OFT. But wait - (as they say on those dire teleshopping ads), that's not all! Darcey P can also complain to the Information Commissioner.

This, of course, is just the sort of story that Tony Hetherington of the Mail on Sunday likes, though I know a couple of other journalists who are interested in this sort of thing too.

So let's hear from you, Mr Hughes. Will you genuinely do something concrete about this dismal episode, or is your post just empty words?

If you need a second I am he.

It was 12th October Mr. Hughes posted his own dismay. When I ran my own company, now retired, these “internal enquiry as to how this letter came to be sent to the recipient which may result in disciplinary action being taken.”, “reviews” and “investigations”, at the level of staff meeting, took no more than ten minutes.

I would call the party in, ask him his side of the story, and finalise the matter by the end of the hour, moving on.

Nowadays, PATAS, private, and Government ”reviews” are just an excuse to delay, whitewash; with some figure who has the relevant titles, to impress, and dull the edge of vexation for the respondent, taking months over it to ensure the display suffocates the issue, and wraps the sin in spin.

It doesn't wash with an intelligent electorate or public.

This should have been over 24 hours after the “concerns were raised”; rather than “razing the concerns” by ablation and temporal dilation.

Life and integrity today is worse than before the renaissance, with humanity and community spirit at its lowest for centuries.

hello

as some of you may have realised in these circumstances I no longer feel able to post fully here

- I am building alternative forms of support and I want to say a huge thank you to those people involved privately and publically and specially to those of you who have posted extensively here, a number of times on some occasions !

I have had a letter apologising from Ms C Hughes and also a letter saying I am about to be taken to liverpool County Court ? !

so the saga continues.....

. thank you again for your continued supoprt and advice

- i am a mum of three small children who works full time in the criminal justice system ( how ironic)

so finding the time to draft letters is hard but

this week I hope to act on a number of pieces of advice given

-so A HUGE BIG THANKS AGAIN you all know who you are

- will keep you updated

I have had a letter apologising from Ms C Hughes and also a letter saying I am about to be taken to liverpool County Court ? ! so the saga continues......

You'd almost wish for them to take you to court so you could show the judge the original letter you received!

• 4 weeks later...

I wonder what the outcome of this was....?

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

I wonder what the outcome of this was....?

I'd hate to speculate :)

All posts by myself are without prejudice and do not constitue legal advice, they are purely for the discussion of points of law and consumer rights.

I am however not affiliated in any way shape or form with any financial institution or parking company. And if i am elected I will make it mandatory that all persons posting on this forum make such a declaration just so we can all see who the trolls are :-)

Hello

- no further contact is the outcome !!! so far

- I have sent full details to varoius parties through private messages

but as I said before dont feel able to fully post here.

Its all gone quiet so too speak.

however I am going to check my county court letter to see if it says when I should be there

and will post agaan should there be any further developments

- also looking into how I complain to TS and OFT as advised beenon OFT website

but couldnt work out how I contacted someone and what to say !

thanks agian for your kindness and interst and will keep you posted :D

OFT don't deal with complaints from consumers, bizarrely. You can inform them of what happended, as it quite clearly calls into question this DCA's fitness to hold a consumer credit licence.

However, as you have gone through the DCA's own complaint procedure, you can now make a complaint to FOS - ask for an order to be made to compensate you for the anxiety and distress these creatures caused, and the time you had to spend putting it right. As well as having powers to order a DCA to pay you, their investigation will cost the DCA £400+

Please could someone help me - I have just spent three hours trying to find what to do but cant find anything the same ( forgive me i am a newbee) I have just received the most abusive letter from a debt collectors in relation to a parking fine on private land that has come to me as the registered keeper but i was not the driver. I wrote and told the company this and they then passed it to a debt agency I wrote and told them the same and they have sent an awful letter saying such things as - the opening line "thank you for your letter containing irrelevant information you have down loaded from the internet " " you had better go and read up on the law of trespass for your dumped thing which the idiots who write forums on the internet are clearly unable to do themselves" I havent even said anything about a forum !

it goes on " you clearly think that you are so important ... you can write a little letter about it and get away with it " finally saying i will be "hauled to court and made to pay inpublic. Your choice" any one else had one and please advise what to do next , I would be so gratefull for any advise. thank you so much

if you must write back just state debt in dispute and to return it back to the ppc.they then connot chase you .if they do you can report them

Please could someone help me - I have just spent three hours trying to find what to do but cant find anything the same ( forgive me i am a newbee) I have just received the most abusive letter from a debt collectors in relation to a parking fine on private land that has come to me as the registered keeper but i was not the driver. I wrote and told the company this and they then passed it to a debt agency I wrote and told them the same and they have sent an awful letter saying such things as - the opening line "thank you for your letter containing irrelevant information you have down loaded from the internet " " you had better go and read up on the law of trespass for your dumped thing which the idiots who write forums on the internet are clearly unable to do themselves" I havent even said anything about a forum !

it goes on " you clearly think that you are so important ... you can write a little letter about it and get away with it " finally saying i will be "hauled to court and made to pay inpublic. Your choice" any one else had one and please advise what to do next , I would be so gratefull for any advise. thank you so much

Look at my post at the top of the forum. Email me about this and I'll help you.

Regards,

PJ