Droyds debt recovery.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5825 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all.

I am dealing with droyds debt recovery for 2 seperate company which are owned buy the same company, Red cats finance.

Now i cant remember signing a credit agreement with one of the companys, Vertbaudet and becasue i applied for the credit online from a flyer that they sent me i deffently didnot sign a credit agreement regarding that account. Empire stores.

Now i am thinking of sending both companys cca's but i am confused about what i should do. Now i know they have to provide me the information within 14 days( 2 for postage and packaging and 12 to find and get me the info) but i am getting a little confused over the 30 days thing.

Am i write in thinking that if the 14 days have passed i still have to wait 30 days before i report them for not responing to my cca?

If somebody can let me know it would be helpful as i am going to be sending these items soon.

Thank you

The GodMother.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the 12 days are working days not calendar days.

secondly, if they fail to comply within the 12 working day limit the debt becomes unenforcable

once the 12 + 30 days has passed, wait until they ask you to pay them money, then report them to TS as they are not allowed to enforce the debt while in default

regards

paul

Hi paul.

Just a qestion but what is the 30 days about then?

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

its the time frame which is set out in the CCA before a creditor commits a criminal offence.

they have 12 days to comply Non compliance = unenforcable debt

12+30 days = unenforcable debt + creditor who trys to enforce the debt now commits a criminal offence

i hope this helps

regards

paul

hi paul.

That does help. This site has filled my head with so much info it is hard to remember what bit goes where at times.lol.

Ty for ur help.

chrissi

going to re do the ccas tonight as i never sent them recorded delivery. stupid me. ;)

Simply put:

After 12 working days they defauly on supplying the agreement. They then can noy enforce the debt and you can lawfully withhold payments until a copy of the agreement is produced.

If after a further calendar month they have not produced a copy of the agreement they commit a summary criminal offence and can be reported for this.

• Haha 1

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Does this also apply if i did not sent the cca by registered post. They still have not cashed the postal order so i dont know if they got it.

Hi GM,

i would consider sending the CCA request via Special delivery as its guaranteed next day delivery and with recorded delivery it is not always certain that they will get a signature, i know they say its signed for but i have seen a few times that this just isnt the case, so i advocate Special Delivery. it costs a little more but gives you total piece of mind

regards

paul

They still have not cashed the postal order so i dont know if they got it.

Hi Godmother.

The above statement interests me. How do you know they have not cashed the postal order. I too have send DCA's postal orders and would like to know if they are cashed or not. Who or where did you contact to find out if it have been cashed?.

I have asked at the post office, they told me to ring royal mail, waste of time automated service with no option for postal orders. Looked on their web site, no infomation. Have emailed royal mail about it, no reply. So if you cound enlighten me it would be very much appreciated.

on the recipt i got it had the postal order number and i went back to the post office where i purcheds the order from and asked them about it.

With the old postal orders you use to get a counterfoil, like the cheque stubbs, and you could enquire like that. It might help if you are freindly with someone at the post office tho.

on the recipt i got it had the postal order number and i went back to the post office where i purcheds the order from and asked them about it..

Well I have asked at my local post office where I purcashed them from and I too have the printed receipt, but was told to contact Royal Mail. So there we go back to square one as mentioned before.

Phone 01246542254 or write to: Postal Order Sector

Post Office Ltd

1 Future Walk

West Bars

Chesterfield

S49 1pf

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Well as of today i re cca'd them as i mistakenly did not send it recorded delivery.

I have been told they have no cashed the postal order so i am assuming they have not recieved it.

Instead of ccaing the dca i have cca'd the companys involved both empirestores and vertbaudet. The poor lady in the postoffice she had to do 6 of the standing orders and 6 recorded delivery slips.

will keep everyone upto date about what is happening

Don't know Alf. It was valid a few months ago, but they could have changed it.

i have tried looking on the post office web site (www.postoffice.co.uk) and i cant find anything. I have to got near my local postoffice tomorrow so i will ask if they no of a number where you can call and ask.

all the post office has told me is to ask royal mail who delivered the package to see if they have a number for them.

I also asked at the post office and was told there is no phone number or address that deals with postal orders. There is no way of checking if they have been cashed other than to report the item as lost or stolen. Then and only then will they check.

10 days.

how long do i have to wait till i can report it missing or stolen.

Hello The God Mother.

I just received the follong email from Royal Mail.

Dear Mr XXX

Thank you for your email regarding postal orders.

To confirm if a postal order has been cashed you would need to contact the Postal Orders department at:

Postal Order Sub Group

Financial Accounts Department

1 Future Walk

West Bars

Chesterfield

S49 1PF

If you advise them in your letter that you wish to confirm if a postal

order has been cashed and provide them with the postal order number. If you send the original postal order, I would suggest keeping a photocopy of this for your own records.

I hope I have managed to address your query. Should you have any further

questions, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Regards

Dawn Reid

Customer Service Advisor

Royal Mail is a trading name of Royal Mail Group plc. Registered in

England and Wales. Registered number 4138203. Registered office at 148 Old

Street, LONDON EC1V 9HQ.

thank you very very much alf. I seem to be getting different responses from royal mail. One bloke even told me without the counterfoil i could not trrace it. lol they dont have counterfoils.

One bloke even told me without the counterfoil i could not trace it. lol they dont have counterfoils.

Well thats the post office for you. Don't know their arse from their elbow.

I will be writing to that address with my inquiries so will let you know what happens. When there is any post service that is :D

yer when there is a postal service. I dont blame them for striking as My uncle Nick, Who works for the royal mail, is on less money than this wife who works for waitrose they work the same hours. They are struggling to bring up 2 kids and pay there bills. They also have not had a holiday in over 6 years due to the money they get.