Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

Default RBS Additions packages mis sold.

Hey there,

i had this account sold to me 4 years ago.
    I hadn't opened a bank account in the UK for some years.
    I was not presented with a possibility of a free account at any time in the meeting.

I have never once used any of the packages or so called perks.

I complained to RBSicon they through it out, stating, "having previously lived in the UK i should have known that free accounts were possible to attain".
    I didn't.

I then moved onto the Ombudsmanicon, who have sided with the bank.

How can I take this further, it is simply not fair!

Any advice appreciated.
    Thx

Site Team The Consumer Action Group BankFodder's Avatar

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Jan 2006

Blog Entries

Default Re: RBS Additions packages mis sold.

There has been a lot of mis-sellingicon of packaged accounts.

The main basis for reclaiming refunds on these account fees is that the package was sold on the basis of elements which were not suitable or not applicable.

An example of this might be household contents insuranceicon when you are already insured for telephone insurance when you don't have a telephone et cetera.

I think that you need to let us know what the features of the RBSicon package were and then we can see if there is any way of moving you forward.

RBS are a nasty and dishonest bank and of course they have made a lot of money from packaged accounts – just like the others.

What exactly has the Ombudsmanicon said?

MAJOR UPGRADE - March - SEE ANNOUNCEMENTS

Warning: I use dictation software. Beware of homophones!
    Have you read our dealing with customer services guide?
    Please don't pm me about specific questions unless you have posted and it has not been dealt with or unless the matter is confidential.

All attribution rights and moral rights in my copyright work are asserted
    Advice & opinions of BankFodder, The Consumer Action Group and The Bank Action Group are offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.
    Follows
    Following

The Ombusman via a phone callicon, basically just upheld the decision. Looked at the 'facts', which were actually opinions. I got a bit upset with him, because essentially he is siding with the bank, which therefore means I am telling lies. It's outrageous. They are sending written confirmation, when it arrives, I will post it. Can't recall the exact details of the package I was being offered. Bottom line is that I wasn't offered an alternative, and took this because i believed it to be the cheapest per month. I was naive, but I 100% was not informed of a free account.
    thx for getting back so promptly.

Site Team The Consumer Action Group BankFodder's Avatar

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Jan 2006

Blog Entries

Then start off by sending an SARicon to RBSicon and get all of the details.
    You can't possibly complain about it if you don't know what you are complaining about. It is not surprising that the fosicon is supporting RBS. It sounds as if you didn't present your complaint very effectively

MAJOR UPGRADE - March - SEE ANNOUNCEMENTS

Warning: I use dictation software. Beware of homophones!
    Have you read our dealing with customer services guide?
    Please don't pm me about specific questions unless you have posted and it has not been dealt with or unless the matter is confidential.

All attribution rights and moral rights in my copyright work are asserted
    Advice & opinions of BankFodder, The Consumer Action Group and The Bank Action Group are offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.
    Follows
    Following

Would you mind if I posted a copy of the exact letter of complaint? You may be right, but i honestly believe the Ombudsmanicon is trying to shift a backlog, and is not investigating thoroughly. Appreciate you responding.

Hi there, i received the letter from the Ombudsmanicon, would you mind if i uploaded it for your perusal. It is filled with so many suppositions, inaccuracies, and just factually incorrect statements. I really would like to appeal this. Just wondered if you had the time? Thanks.

Is the decision from an Ombudsmanicon or an adjudicator?

If a first tier adjudicator you have the right to refuse to accept, present any further facts and ask for an ombudsman to review your complaint

Please post up your complaint and the FOS reply

Have you requested the SARicon yet?

Quote Originally Posted by theoldrouge View Post
    Is the decision from an Ombudsmanicon or an adjudicator?

If a first tier adjudicator you have the right to refuse to accept, present any further facts and ask for an ombudsman to review your complaint

Please post up your complaint and the FOS reply

Have you requested the SARicon yet?
    Hi there, not sure what the SAR would achieve. The basic disagreement is that I wasn't offered an alternative (free from fees) account. I was in full knowledge of what they were selling me, they just didn't offer alternative, and i believed this is all they had on offer. Anyway I attach the letter sent from Ombudsman.

Ombudsmanicon:RBSicon doc-1.jpg Views: 6 Size: 11.7 KB">Ombudsman:RBS doc-1.jpgOmbudsman:RBS doc.jpg

Too small to read, you need to convert it to PDFicon

Quote Originally Posted by colin11 View Post
    Too small to read, you need to convert it to PDFicon
    ah sorry, PDFicon attached.

Attached Files Attached Files

The SARicon narrative would have been very useful, as to how you opened and used the acc

You need to put forward salient effective reasons why the insurances were of no suitability

or you were already covered etc

Then ask for complaint to be passed to an Ombudsmanicon

The SARicon narrative would have been very useful, as to how you opened and used the acc

You need to put forward salient effective reasons why the insurances were of no suitability

or you were already covered etc

Then ask for complaint to be passed to an Ombudsmanicon
    It's already gone through to the ombudsman, and the reply is attached above. My gripe is that a lot of what the Ombudsman has 'guessed' is simply not factual. Let me recheck the SAR, not sure you get another crack at this. My legitimate complaint is that i wasn't presented with a free account option, but it seems that I am not being believed on this one. thx

your letter was from an ADJUDICATOR, so presumably then you have asked for your complaint to be reviewed by AN Ombudsmanicon

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING
    EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.
    Follows
    Following

your letter was from an ADJUDICATOR, so presumably then you have asked for your complaint to be reviewed by AN Ombudsmanicon
    Yep, as stated in my initial post.

So you are saying since that letter was written you have already had the final written decision from an Ombudsmanicon?

So you are saying since that letter was written you have already had the final written decision from an Ombudsmanicon?
    You've lost me mate...the letter i attached was from the ombudsman or ADJUDICATOR (no idea why you put that in full caps, but i'll join in). The question i was asking in my first post, being unhappy with with i regard is an unfair ruling, can i take it further? Thanks.

The adjudicator is only the first tier, before June 2 you had the right to refer his decision, and give extra facts, to an Ombudsmanicon

for review ( ombudsman then makes the final decision)

The adjudicator is only the first tier, before June 2 you had the right to refer his decision, and give extra facts, to an Ombudsmanicon

for review ( ombudsman then makes the final decision)
    I didn't have time to do it before June 2, plus i think the fact that I waited around 6 months to even get that, I should be allowed a bit more time to retort. But i guess, and perhaps I haven't asked this clearly enough: can anyone offer advice as to the substance to which my further complaint can be heard properly, because so far, it seems to me that I would just be going back with the same facts, and disputing some of the adjudicator's retorts, some of which are just inaccurate? Thanks.