Change of employment

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3514 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

I have been working for a company since July 2013 in the same role ( Field service engineer ), driving all over the uk etc, the company start a young guy 23, iam young 45 with no health issue never been sick and not even taken holiday yet as been to busy with work. Since this guy started they have been training him, and last night a was pulled into the office and told not asked you will be now working in the office and the van needs to be given to the new starter next week. Which now means no transport will have to buy a car pay to get to work, they also state as i will be office staff no overtime etc .

I worked out the loss of earns regarding overtime £5k loss of van fuel complete joke, can my employer do this so quickly without a notice period, all my letter of appointment stated was field engineer.

i had my last meeting / appraisal which went very well no issue, i have asked for a copy as it was recorded yet they refuse. Do i have any rights or just find another job

Just to make things even bitter, they asked me to attend a machine breakdown today, as the younger guy can not work today feel like refusing / saying no as its overtime

Have anybody got any idea's, of my rights as someone did say an employer has to give 12 weeks notice to change a job role ????????????????????????????????

Cheers :mad2:

Sadly due to lack of (2 years) Service you would not have the ability to hold the company to account at a tribunal.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

As with most things you need to check your contract terms. Specifically around the job title, role and duties. Is it specific about being home or field based and does it mention that you might be office based and visiting clients' premises? What about the use of the company van for travelling to work. Without express clauses being written into your contract you would only be left with a custom and practice argument - you could argue that they have changed your contract but they will counter that what has been the case up to now was never a permanent arrangement.

You do need two years to stand any great chance of being successful - making too much of a fuss now might well cause them to get rid of you - although there is a (very) tenuous argument that you are the victim of age discrimination. You would need to understand 'why' the newcomer is being preferred though - if his youth is considered to be preferable then you might be suffering a detriment due to age discrimination, however the employer's decision may ell be due to other factors. Without knowing the employer's thoughts it is impossible to say.

Definitely worth a grievance, but check your contract first and tread carefully!

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

Well feel like i have been stuffed, now my employer has taken my company van, stopped my overtime as my job is in office i have asked for a new contract stating the new role. but they have refused so in real terms losing £450.00 month, i was told i had to accept or leave totally wrong way to treat staff, so now looking for new job and will be happy to tell them to whittle.

• dx100uk changed the title to Change of employment