• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Meet our latest family member

mazbck
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5055 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

30041_130526560293958_100000098438754_337783_5129706_n.jpg

Introducing our latest arrival :D

Meet Lola everyone. She is a German Shepard cross Lurcher who is 6 months old.

We got her a week past Sunday, and we were her 4th home in 48 hours.

She has settled in great, although there has been a couple of small mishaps, she has been great.

Her and our other pooch have been playing and Cordie has more spark in her now.

We think she may have been abused/neglected but we are slowly overcoming the fear and she is the most lovable pooch who loves to sit on your knee and watch TV with us.

great news , lets hope she settles down , and keep us updated

regards

Kip

I always had shepards ( DAD was RAF police dog handler, round the corner from you many years ago last place he served was RAF DYCE :D ) till i got stung with Wowwies as on the left :rolleyes:

PS get out there and cut that lawn

PS get out there and cut that lawn

Yeh, you'll lose lola :p

Good looking dog, hope everything go's well :)

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

LoL. grass has been cut, thats what teenagers are for :D

Only one problem with her that is bugging me is that she is a licker, so anyone any ideas how to get her out of it.

black pepper or simlar sprinkled on back of your hand , or where she licks, washes off easy

check the local pet shop for a clicker, when she does it a firm and loud "NO" with 1 click of the clicker, within a short period of time she will put the word NO and the click together, she should soon learn that the click means no, then a little praise when she responds correct

Edited by kiptower

Licking you can be a sign of insecurity (thinks rescue dog, several homes in short space of time) and I would say this youngster is bound to be confused, unsure etc after what she's been through. You could say it was a form of grovelling, or what young children revert to (thumb sucking etc). I think, after several months with you, and when she knows her place properly, this will stop. If it doesn't, then I am wrong and she just loves the salt all over your skin! In which case, tough, you are condemned to being licked to death frequently. Remember she is very young still, and will still have many of the old "puppy" traits in her, and in the basket she would lick and paw at mum and her litter mates, as well as receiving this herself as a sort of "family" comfort. Please, don't use black pepper - what would you feel like if you got a mouthful of it? Otherwise if it must stop, then Kiptower is right with the "NO" reinforcement.

I was a tad concerned to hear about her sitting on your knee watching TV! Just keep an eye on the other dog - when you have one dog in a higher position than another it can give them a sense of being slightly more powerful, which you don't want in case it sends the wrong message to your other dog - who is and should be in charge of this young lady, and should teach her how to be. On the other hand, the fact that she wants to sit and cuddle with you does seem to tell me that yes, she is insecure, but she does trust humans, and she's showing you that.

But, aren;t you lovely to give her a sound home for the rest of her life - she's landed on her feet alright! She's going to turn into a beauty and you'll have so much fun with her - especially when the lurcher comes out in full force!

I'm so pleased to hear that another rescue dog has found a good home.

Our other pooch sits beside me on the sofa too and watches TV :D

But Im a bit concerned at the moment, as she just jumped into our neighbours garden, but jumped back over as soon as I shouted her, and the neighbour rapped on her window and was going to come out and have a go at me until she saw my OH standing at the door, she then went back in slamming the door.

Its only a small approx 3ft wall, and she was chasing a moth at the time, and there was no damage. Im going to move some large pot plants to deter her, but this neighbour was 'disgusted' when she found out we had ANOTHER dog.

Our LL knows and had no problems with us adopting her.

I know it will take time to train her, but I feel now we are going to have problems with this neighbour. I dont want to put Lola on a lead when she is in the front garden or tie her up as it is her garden.

Emailled my LL and told her of the Lola and wall incident and her reply was to ignore the nosy old bat!!!!!

She says she had the same problems with her when her oldest dog was a pup, and would it be ok to come round and see her at the weekend along with her 2 golden retrievers, so they could 'play' in the garden :D

So I had a couple of hours of worrying for nothing LOL!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Glad to hear she can stay! You will need to try and reinforce your garden a bit with a lurcher breed - you know that she has the excellent eyesight of the lurcher now - "she was chasing a moth" gave it away! This means that anything small and fast moving is likely to catch her eye. (You wait til she actually catches the first squirrel and presents it to you complete with neatly broken neck!) So, you need to work really hard on your recall with her for her own safety. Try her out on the agility course after she is twelve months, and also have a think about flyball with her.

But she already sounds absolutely lovely, I don't have a lot of experience with lurcher types, but I've never come across a bad one, and in fact the only one I've known properly was dear old Zane, a huge black bugger, belonged to my best friend - that dog adored my mate, never left her side, loyal as anything - that is unless he saw a cat, a rabbit, a squirrel, a mouse, a floating leaf, a peice of paper, other people's sandwiches, cyclists, brought the postie off his bike four times I know of, a swine with small dogs. Oh yes, he particularly disliked a boyfriend who hit my friend - he lost the backside out of his trousers and ended up in hospital when an artery in his arm was accidentally severed by Zane's teeth - poor Zane was terribly upset about it all, and it made a terrible mess on the carpet. I believe you have a friend and protector for life there. I don;t know why more of these lovely dogs aren't snapped up at the rescue centres, they make such loyal companions.

I hope you have many years of fun with Lola.

Well after 3 weeks, she has settled in perfectly :D

She has stopped jumping over the wall, the licking has stopped, she is eating her food without wolfing it down and so has the whining.

We still have the odd little excitement puddle, and we were out one night for over 2 hours and came home to no accidents or destruction, just 2 pooches sprawled over a sofa each ;)

According to our vet she is full GSD, well that has whet he has written on her vacination card anyway, but we dont care if he was a heinz 57 variety or pedigree, she is fantastic and our other pooch has her spark back.

Mazbck,

She is gorgeous I have a soft spot for GSD's as I grew up with them they where my dads fav.

My Ella is always licking me I have got used to it now as it is nothing for me to worry about small price to pay.

As Jackieandwayne says its just her licking the salt off my skin.

Indeed keep us updated as I'm always pleased to hear about our furry friends.

Regards

PF

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.