JSA and lone Mum work hours query?

jerrythecat
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5328 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:-)I am a lone parent witha child under 16 I am signing on When I first claimed and filled in the forms with the so called advisor, I asked if I had to work a certain amount of hours a week(I previously was working for 16) she said yes and put down that I could work 37 hours per week though it would be very difficult for me to do that with a child

I already work 5 hours a week and I dont want to quit this job so I really only want to find max of 12 hours more andwork max of 16 hrs a week not cos Im lazy but My child is 12 and there is no way I want him to be on his own and what about the school hols? the after school club ends at 11yrs in our area I want to be there before school and when he gets home

Does anyone know for sure the legal position as I am going for an interview soon and want to change my work hours on my agreement?

I find that whenever I ask the advisors anything at the JobCentre the answers differ according to who I ask no one seems to know anything

My personal advisor is useless

Also what about signing on in the school hols?I do not want to take my child into the pit of a job centre

I desperatly want to find p/t work as I totally loathe going to the job centre and feeling like a no one :)!

many thanks

margaret

What if I need to restrict my availability for work?

You can ask for restrictions on the type of work, hours of work, location, or other conditions of employment you will accept, due to:

• Your physical or mental health condition,
  • Religious or conscientious convictions,
  • Care responsibilities, provided you have reasonable prospects of paid work over 16 hours a week.

If you look for a job of sixteen hours or more then you can claim WTC and CTC as you are a single parent and then you would come off JSA

I think you have grounds for this because of your child. if you looked for sixteen hours employment then that would be classed as full time employment for you as you would then go off benefts.

Explain this to your advisor when you see them, I dont think you should have a problem you are looking for work