Regarding (RMA) - A Solution please needed

Leemk
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5926 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was recently contacted RMA regarding a debt from Barclay card of £489.41 which is nothing compared to what debts I've seeing on the the forum here (no disrespect)

At the time RMA contacted me I thought that the debt had been paid by a member of my family back in 2002.

I recently checked with my family member and found out that she wasn't sure weather the debt had been paid off or not?

At the time I owed the money to Barclay card I had four debts that were paid off, this along with them.

The only reason I guess that it may have been paid is that I no longer have any of the paper work for my Barclay Card account.

The 3 other debts that were paid off have never come back to haunt me and the paper work for them was shredded.

From 2002 to present I didn’t receive any information about this debt from Barclay card and wasn’t aware of the outstanding debt also during this time I’ve never moved address, I still live in the same property since September 1996

When I contacted RMA recently I made them aware that I had to find out weather the debt had been paid by my family member?

At this time RMA also mentioned that it could have been possible a mistake was made by Barclay card and that the debt could have been paid and it may have just been some silly trainee not pressing a button on a computer.

RMA also stated they would contact the Debt Manager at Barclay card to find out.

Information RMA concluded that the debt was still outstanding, at this point I stated that I didn’t have a problem with the debt as long as I could make sure my relative had or hadn't paid it.

I also went on to state to RMA that if it did work out that the debt was still outanding that I would make arrangements to pay RMA in instalments starting with a first payment of £25.00 on the 29th February 2008

I also supplied RMA with my Private Mobile number and contact details and have been completely co-operative with RMA with respect to paying this debt.

I would like to state that RMA have blatantly misused the fact that I gave my Mobile number and have called me on various times asking for a toucan payment when I’ve already stated that I didn’t have any funds to pay RMA and that I was due to make a first payment on the 29 February 2008 once my employer paid me.

I was also asked by RMA to contact them on the 22nd of February 2008 to extend the first payment date to the 29th February 2008 because they could extend the first payment date on their system on the date of my call on 6th February 2008

At this point I was on the understanding that I had to ring RMA on the 22nd February 2008 to extend the time for the first payment on the 29th this was simple, just as long I owed the debt

On the 7th February I rang RMA back and asked why they where calling me when they had already arranged that I was to call them back on the 22nd to arrange the first payment on the 29th..

I’m not sure who I spoke with from RMA but they asked for a toucan payment again, I stated to RMA that I was Unable to make a payment until the 29th February like had stated twice before.

On the 8th February at 10:30am and again at 16:30 both occasions RMA left Automated answer messages to contact them.

On the same day the 8th February at 16:40 I rang RMA after receiving the two answer machine massages to contact them.

I again asked why they where calling me when they had already arranged that I was to call them back on the 22nd to arrange the first payment on the 29th at this point it was getting a little like "Ground Hog Day"

I spoke with a horrible women (that thought she was clever) from RMA and she asked me once again for a toucan payment, I stated for the third time to RMA that I was Unable to make a payment until the 29th February which is the day I get paid from my employer.

But she just kept on and on an on............... and in the end shouted down the phone "Look why cant you just bloody pay it"

It was at this point I asked RMA to stop harassing me when I’ve already stated that I’d be making a payment on the 29th February

I deem this as a blatant disrespect and misuse of information and would like to make a complaint for unnecessary harassment via Phone calls to my mobile phone, but who do I complain to?

I have contacted my mobile phone provider and they will supply me with a full call listings of when they have rang me in my monthly statement

I have also been adviced to record any further calls with RMA and to also make them aware that the call is being recorded for legal reasons can I do this? or can I record the calls without letting them know I'm recording?

I don’t expect an established debt company to behave like this when I’ve contacted them and was fully cooperative.

RMA have further stated that calls will continue every day until a payment is made? Do I really have to put up with this especially when I’m at work? This is now causing me stress and would like these harassing phone calls to stop.

I have seen the posts on this subject here already but I'm not sure what alot of it means.

Am I also right by saying that the debt is six years old and should be writen off? I'm not sure.

What is the best solution? Can anybody help?

:confused::-x:mad::!::|:?:

Hi

Firstly NEVER deal with these on the phone keep everything in writing :)

What I suggest you do is send them a letter asking for proof of the debt :)

Dear Sir/Madam

Account no:

You have contacted me/us regarding the account with the above reference number, which you claim is owed by myself/ourselves.

I/we would point out that I/we have no knowledge of any such debt being owed to (insert company name).

I am/we are familiar with the Office of Fair Trading Debt Collection Guidance which states that it unfair to send demands for payment to an individual when it is uncertain that they are the debtor in question.

I/we would also point out that the OFT say under the Guidance that it is unfair to pursue third parties for payment when they are not liable. In not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt you are using deceptive/and or unfair methods.

Furthermore ignoring and/or disregarding claims that debts have been settled or are disputed and continuing to make unjustified demands for payment amounts to physical/psychological harassment.

I/we would ask that no further contact be made concerning the above account unless you can provide evidence as to my/our liability for the debt in question.

I/we await your written confirmation that this matter is now closed. Otherwise I will have no option but to make a complaint to the trading standards department and consider informing the OFT of your actions.

I/we look forward to your reply.

Yours faithfully

(Your Name) Print do not sign

You could also send them the telephone harrasment letter found here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/37006-harassment-telephone-response-letter.html

hope that helps

saint

Hi

You also need to read around the threads and you will find a lot on this outfit. You should also request all your documentation from Barclaycard (SAR) in respect of this account, this costs £10 and will include all information & statements that they hold on you. In addition it is worth obtaining copies of your credit agreement with Barclaycard, this costs £1. There are template letters for these requests, they should be sent next day recorded guaranteed delivery.

I have dealt with RMA, they are part of NCO Europe who are in turn owned by NCO Inc (USA company). I paid them for two years and they are aggressive, irresponsible and will tell you anything in order to get you to pay. You cannot believe anything they say, I see that you have already found this out.

They very rarely respond to letters since the mail room monkeys just look for the cheques and they don't believe they have to respond. They seem to respond to e-mail though and the contacts I have are;

Samantha Lewis; [email protected]

Kirsten Harter; [email protected]

Natalie giordimaina; [email protected]

Good luck