Lloyds TSB Mastercard

N.P
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4325 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

I`ve just been thinking. Has anyone had any dealings with Lloyds TSB Mastercard? If so, do they often show up with a CCA?

I was wondering this because this last week I missed a payment to Lloyds Card, even though I put sufficient monies in the bank on the same day. The result was a £35 missed Direct Debit charge and also a £12 missed payment charge on my card.

They have recently been calling upto 4 times a day upto 8.00pm at night.

Should I throw a spanner in the works and CCA Lloyds Mastercard and also SAR them?

I don`t mind causing a stink as they have peeved me off and ripped me off with charges in the past and have started again.

I look forward to hearing from you all.

Regards

N.P.

If I have helped or made you laugh in any way in your hour of need, then please click my scales <<<<<<<<<< ;)

• Replies 564
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi N.P.

I can't speak for Lloyds Mastercard but I have successfully claimed back all my bank charges in full from Lloyds against three different accounts.

They are very quick to add hefty charges and as you say they are a complete rip off, so I wouldn't hesitate in claiming all those back.

Love Spiritgirl x

Please note I am not legally qualified, I am offering advice based on my own personal experience in the hope that it may be of help to others in a similar situation.

Hi there,

Thanks for the replies.

I`m not sure exactly how long I`ve had the card. I think it`s round about 5-6 years. I could have a check on the online banking to see how far that goes.

Thanks again

Regards

N.P.

If I have helped or made you laugh in any way in your hour of need, then please click my scales <<<<<<<<<< ;)

whats the significance of the 6 years, ive been Lloyds since leaving school in 1980 so my credit card must be over 20 years old ... will it help me?

RBS/Triton - Gone Away No CCA

RBS/Moorcroft - Gone way No CCA

RBS/AIC - Gone Away No CCA

RBS/Intrum - Gone Away No CCA

RBS/Regal - Gone Away

Cahoot/Link - CCA in Dispute

Capital One - Settled

Lloyds Bank - Awaiting Outcome from Supreme Court Hearing.

Lloyds Credit Credit - Repayment Plan

Hi again,

Thanks for the posts speedtrip and diskmandave.

I might have only had the card around 5-6 years but I have been with TSB for 22 years, not that that makes any difference, I still hate them!

Diskmandave, from what I`ve been reading on CAG you are one of the top boys with regards to DCA`s and debt etc, no offence or joke meant there mind. But, I was just wondering, have you yourself had any dealings with the morons at Lloyds TSB or Lloyds TSB Mastercard?

I have a overdraft which I always live in and a Mastercard with them which is maxxed out and I would just like to know what I`m getting myself into.

I look forward to hearing from you again.

Many thanks

N.P.

P.S. This site is so dammed addictive isn`t it? I thought ebay was until I ran out of money buying things that I didn`t really want or would never use :p

LTSB don't have a good track record when it comes to providing documentation for 'older' accounts.

I agree with Dave they sent me a lovely application form:D

Hi Knightmare,

Thanks for the post.

What product do you receive the application form for? Was it the Lloyds Mastercard?

Regards

N.P.

Hi Knightmare,

Ok, thanks for that.

I recently missed a payment, so when they send out the snotty letter, I`ll CCA and SAR the muppets, LOL.

Regards

N.P.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi again people,

Right, it`s time to launch an assault on Lloyds TSB Mastercard.

I received a snotty letter from their Collection Centre in the week, moaning that I`d missed a payment and it was in their T`s & C`s that they can take it out of any other Accounts I may have with them. So, they are going to take it out of my Current Account, as well as next months payment.

Looks to me like a good oppotunity to send a CCA to the Collections Centre and a SAR to Lloyds Card Services.

Just a quick question, is the CCA letter in the templates library suitable for Credit Cards? I was just wondering as it mentions Consumer Credit Act 1974 (s.77(1) for fixed sum credit.

Do Credit Cards fall under the fixed sum credit?

Just thought I`d check this out before I commit myself.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards

N.P.

Hi diskmandave,

Thanks for that. So would I just need to change that particular line accordingly?

Also, I sent Argos Card the standard template, which is basically a Credit Card using? Would that make any difference? Morecrap are dealing with that now but haven`t showed up with anything for almost 2 months now? That would also be a running account credit wouldn`t it?

Regards

N.P.

Hi again,

If your there DMD, is this correct for a Credit Card?

This is my right under your obligation to supply a copy of the agreement under the legislation contained within s.78(1) Consumer Credit Act 1974 (s.78(1) for running account credit) – your obligation also extends to providing a statement of account.

Regards

N.P.

Hi DMD,

Ok, cheers, thanks for that.

I`ll print it out now and ask my girlfriend to hand it into the bank tomorrow, sealed in a envelope of course.

Cioa for now

Regards

N.P.

Hi everyone,

I was wondering this because this last week I missed a payment to Lloyds Card, even though I put sufficient monies in the bank on the same day. The result was a £35 missed Direct Debit charge and also a £12 missed payment charge on my card.

N.P.

Can you expand on the above please. I am a little confused. If there was sufficient funds in your account why has your bank charged you £35 and Lloyds TSB £12? The only thing I can see at the moment is that the direct debit was requested at sy 10.00am but you did not make a deposit until say 2.00pm the same day.

You may also wish to consider moving your current account to another bank so they can't take money out of it.

Also, I sent Argos Card the standard template, which is basically a Credit Card using? Would that make any difference? Morecrap are dealing with that now but haven`t showed up with anything for almost 2 months now? That would also be a running account credit wouldn`t it?

Yes it would be running account credit. As long as you didn't alter the template, as it uses both s77 & 78, it will be fine.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Hi guys,

Thanks for the last two posts on this thread.

We dropped into the Lloyds TSB on Friday evening with 2 letters for them (sealed in envelopes).

One was a SAR for Lloyds TSB Credit Card and the other was a CCA for Lloyds TSB Collections.

We were going to did it a week ago but we have had some sort of stomach bug.

Anyway, I got a receit just as proof of delivery, so that saved me a few pounds on Royal Mails appaling service. So, I`ll just wait and see what happens.

Regarding the last two posts:

Can you expand on the above please. I am a little confused. If there was sufficient funds in your account why has your bank charged you £35 and Lloyds TSB £12? The only thing I can see at the moment is that the direct debit was requested at sy 10.00am but you did not make a deposit until say 2.00pm the same day.

Yes, that is basically what happened. Looking at the online statement, nothing came out when I looked at 5am before going to work. My girlfriend put some money in around lunch time, but the statement shows the Credit Card withdrawl listed first, followed by the deposit. I still think they are taking the ****, as yesterday morning I received their new Charges guide which states if you go overdrawn and you put the money back in your account the same day before 3pm then you won`t be charged. This actually takes affect from September 2nd, the day after my charges are due to be paid. God! I hate banks! They are so greedy and just rip people off every day of their lives.

Lloyds Master Card are now due to take out 2 months next time around, instead of one. So that`s why I decided to SAR and CCA the mo-fo`s.

Rory32, I did make a slight edit to the CCA, based on diskmandaves help. It`s in Post 16 on this thread. I simply changed it to a running account credit instead of a fixed rate. Would that be ok?

Also, how do you guys copy and paste blocks of text from posts? I mean with the grey/blue background box likes rory32`s just above?

Anyway, time for bed.

Thanks again guys for your help so far. I keep you posted as to their snotty reply, which I`m obviously going to get.

Regards

N.P.

I simply changed it to a running account credit instead of a fixed rate. Would that be ok?

Absolutely fine.

how do you guys copy and paste blocks of text from posts?

Have a look here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Hi again,

Just a quickie as I`m trying the QUOTE reply.

Absolutely fine.

Ok, thanks for that rory32, I think I`ve got it now.

Regards

N.P.

Hi boys and and girls,

Just a thought regarding the letters I dropped into the bank on Friday.

Do I still give the CCA 12+2 days and the SAR 40+2 days allowing for delivery? Or do I just give them both a straight 12 and 40 days as it was handed directly into the bank?

Also, do you include Saturday and Sundays or just Monday to Friday?

Just thought I`d check before hitting the launch button on these numpties.

Regards

N.P.