MIS-CLAIM TUTORIAL or HOW NOT TO GET YOUR MONEY BACK

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5312 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This post is a cross between a rant and a tutorial of how to make your claim as stressful as possible, both for you and the people trying to help you

Below is by no means a complete list of mistakes that people make (and more often than you would think possible, given all the help and information available)

Not Reading The FAQs and Step by Step Guide

Anyone who fails to do this should be put up against a wall and shot, well, strung up at least (rope is re-usable whereas bullets cost)

You are taking on a multi-national company with unlimited financial and legal resources. The very least you should do is to have good idea of the overall process and the various steps involved.

Plus it would help cut down on the number of threads with ‘Help, What Happens Next/Now’ in the title

If you haven’t read them yet, go and do it now!!

Posting

If you want everyone to quickly lose interest in your thread, TYPE EVERYTHING IN CAPITALS, Capitalise Every Single Word or only use lower case throughout, preferably without any punctuation or paragraphing. And, of course, the longer the better. It’s a pain to read and it’s much easier to move onto another thread that is less of a strain on the eyes.

Hi-Jacking A Thread

Simple, don’t do it

Multiple Threads

If you really want to confuse/irritate people who are trying to help you, start a new thread for every question.

That way nobody can see your claim at a glance and either will have to chase all over the forum to piece it together or will give advice based on guesswork as to what you have done so far. Not the best way to be given good advice.

Estimated Claims

Are an accident waiting to happen. The BBC’s website advice is particularly good – shows you how to estimate a claim for 6 years of charges based on just 5 months statements!! I have yet to see an estimated claim that doesn’t have to be amended.

It will cost you money, time, and stress, probably at a time when you’re short of all three.

Claiming s69 Interest Before Court

Not exactly the most heinous crime, but it does show you haven’t read the FAQ’s and Step by Step Guide, and that is a capital offence (see above)

Overdraft Interest

You’ve read something, somewhere, can’t remember what or where, about claiming overdraft interest so let's just whack it all in.

Contractual Interest

Wow, look at the difference it makes to your claim!!! Ok, you don’t understand the arguments involved or that it has no basis in law. Never mind, just think of all that money….till it all goes pear-shaped.

Sending Statements With Your Claim

This is an excellent idea. It saves all that palaver of filling in a spreadsheet.

You are going to need the statements later for your court bundle. It’s just taken you 40 days to get them and will take you another 40 days to get another set, so don’t throw them away or shred them either.

The same goes for any letters from the bank. Never send your statements. Always send a schedule of charges.

Computer Crashes

They always happen to somebody else, so there’s no need to keep copies of anything, is there?

Always print out a hard copy of letters you send to the bank or the court. Then when your hard disk fails, you’ve still got copies and you don’t need to spend a month trying to reconstruct your claim.

Particulars Of Claim

Don’t bother with the template POC’s, just make up your own. Something short and snappy.

This is where the bank’s solicitors come into their own. So far they haven’t had a leg to stand on, now they’ve got something they can get their teeth into – they’ll rip your claim to shreds faster than you can say pirhana

Not Sending A Schedule of Charges When You File at Court or MCOL

Yes, you may well have sent it to the bank twice previously, but it’s at Customer Services at the other end of the country, whereas your claim is sitting in the bank’s legal section or solicitor’s office who have no idea what charges you’re talking about

Ignoring Court Dates For the AQ, Directions, Court Bundle, Hearings etc

This is asking for trouble – a sure-fire way to have your claim thrown out. By now your dealing with the courts and judges, who are already pi**ed off with the banks and the amount of work that claims are creating. If they can strike out your claim, it’s no skin off their nose - it’s one less case they have to deal with. Make sure it’s not yours.

And Finally………

If, despite your best efforts by doing all or any of the above, you have still managed to win, just take a moment to think back. In the euphoria of a win, it’s easy to forget how close you came to snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. Would you still have succeeded without the help from this site?

So please, please don’t forget a donation, however small.

• Haha 3

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Brilliant! I think we've been reading some of the same threads!!! :D :D :D

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

Posting

If you want everyone to quickly lose interest in your thread, TYPE EVERYTHING IN CAPITALS, Capitalise Every Single Word or only use lower case throughout, preferably without any punctuation or paragraphing. And, of course, the longer the better. It’s a pain to read and it’s much easier to move onto another thread that is less of a strain on the eyes.

There's a cracker in Barclays where Every First Letter Is A Capital With Little Or No Punctuation Which Is Amazingly Hard To Read.

Love the rest though and thanks for your earlier help which ended in my recent victory http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclays-bank/70074-slick-barclays-business.html. When they put it in my a/c. Slick

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Can I say that the Every First Letter Is A Capital syndrome actually happens when people try to type the whole thing in capitals. The software automatically reduces it all to lower case except the first letter of each word. Don't ask me why, it just does. Try it if you don't believe me. :razz:

I'LL TAKE YOUR WORD FOR IT, BOOKIE (Just tried that with caps lock and look what happened).

Now what?

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Time for Bed, Methinks.

THERE's A SURE FIRE WAY ROUND THE CAPS ISSUE ;)

SIMPLY HAVE ONE OR MORE LOWER CAsE LETTER IN YOUR POST AND IT CONFUSES THE SOFTWARE.

iT'S KNOWN AS AOL SYNDROME AS THAT PARTICULAR COMPANY DOESN'T BELIEVE IN CASE SENSITIVE WORDS.

Be VERY careful whose advice you listen too

• 2 years later...

Posting

I'm very disappointed to read this, but also my fears have been confirmed!!!

I have never done a thread for fears that someone would think my English was not correct or that I was thick! I have just read others & have had help from someone that has never taken any interest to my punctuation but to my problems & tried to help me!!!

So does this mean MB that if you do not have an O'Level or above in English it's a pain to help them for fear of straining your eyes & therefore much easier to move onto another thread to someone that does & help them?

I thought we were here to support & offer advice to each other. Not our grade in English we gained as to whether we were worthy to support & advice!

Well done LTP... you had the courage to say what I thought but I

was too insecure to rock the boat....

We are here because we need help... not to have our English or word processing skills criticised/ marked or made fun of...

I dread to think what comments would be made about my spreadsheets!!

We can only hope that there aren't too many CAGgers who think this way.

:)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

They say money talks......mine just keeps saying "Goodbye"

A person's prowess in the English language, or lack of, is no bar to receiving help on these forums.

Correct spelling, punctuation, etc. makes a post easier to read and is less likely to be misunderstood.

But it is NOT essential.

It may be necessary to clarify parts of a post if the meaning is unclear but why should that be a problem.

Just a word of advice to any users who set themselves up to criticize others....

Not many of us are perfect. Even a professor of English can make a mistake. Sooner or later the critic will be criticized for their own mistake.

Anyone who cannot be bothered to make the effort to understand a post and help the user should not post on the thread at all.

Regards, Rooster.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Here's your post done 4 ways. The last three are far harder to read and yours is a fairly short post. It's got nothing to do with someone's language or grammar ability, it's solely to do with layout

I'm very disappointed to read this, but also my fears have been confirmed!!!

I have never done a thread for fears that someone would think my English was not correct or that I was thick! I have just read others & have had help from someone that has never taken any interest to my punctuation but to my problems & tried to help me!!!

So does this mean MB that if you do not have an O'Level or above in English it's a pain to help them for fear of straining your eyes & therefore much easier to move onto another thread to someone that does & help them?

I thought we were here to support & offer advice to each other. Not our grade in English we gained as to whether we were worthy to support & advice!

I'm very disappointed to read this, but also my fears have been confirmed I have never done a thread for fears that someone would think my English was not correct or that I was thick! I have just read others & have had help from someone that has never taken any interest to my punctuation but to my problems & tried to help me So does this mean MB that if you do not have an O'Level or above in English it's a pain to help them for fear of straining your eyes & therefore much easier to move onto another thread to someone that does & help themI thought we were here to support & offer advice to each other. Not our grade in English we gained as to whether we were worthy to support & advice

I'M VERY DISAPPOINTED TO READ THIS, BUT ALSO MY FEARS HAVE BEEN CONFIRMED!!! I HAVE NEVER DONE A THREAD FOR FEARS THAT SOMEONE WOULD THINK MY ENGLISH WAS NOT CORRECT OR THAT I WAS THICK! I HAVE JUST READ OTHERS & HAVE HAD HELP FROM SOMEONE THAT HAS NEVER TAKEN ANY INTEREST TO MY PUNCTUATION BUT TO MY PROBLEMS & TRIED TO HELP ME!!! SO DOES THIS MEAN MB THAT IF YOU DO NOT HAVE AN O'LEVEL OR ABOVE IN ENGLISH IT'S A PAIN TO HELP THEM FOR FEAR OF STRAINING YOUR EYES & THEREFORE MUCH EASIER TO MOVE ONTO ANOTHER THREAD TO SOMEONE THAT DOES & HELP THEM?I THOUGHT WE WERE HERE TO SUPPORT & OFFER ADVICE TO EACH OTHER. NOT OUR GRADE IN ENGLISH WE GAINED AS TO WHETHER WE WERE WORTHY TO SUPPORT & ADVICE!

I'm Very Disappointed To Read This, But Also My Fears Have Been Confirmed!!! I Have Never Done A Thread For Fears That Someone Would Think My English Was Not Correct Or That I Was Thick! I Have Just Read Others & Have Had Help From Someone That Has Never Taken Any Interest To My Punctuation But To My Problems & Tried To Help Me!!! So Does This Mean MB That If You Do Not Have An O'Level Or Above In English It's A Pain To Help Them For Fear Of Straining Your Eyes & Therefore Much Easier To Move Onto Another Thread To Someone That Does & Help Them? I Thought We Were Here To Support & Offer Advice To Each Other. Not Our Grade In English We Gained As To Whether We Were Worthy To Support & Advice!

Apparently, be my guest.:D

But I have to log off to be a guest on this thread.

You trying to start something then you jumped up 12000 poster la de da isn't my english superior to anyone else's scagger :D

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

Yeah but, no but, yeah but at least they're all under 1 name. By my count you're on your fifth or sixth!!

how many can you name cos I can name possibly all of them(I cannot remember all of them cos some changed names without asking :D )

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

Nattie, Natty, Natweststaffmember, Yourbank, Meldrew, Vortex and there's probably one or two others I've forgotten

Never graced any other forum bar Penalty Charges.

Yourbank has only ever been a CAG name but NWSM has been the main name for a long time.

You missed one, so you don't know your Cambridge spies ;)

MB,

I see your point about the different lay outs, but are we not ALL entitled to the same help???? Whether it's laid in the correct manner or not?

After all our predicaments are the same in no whatever lay out! The bank still send letters etc... The stress levels are still the same!!

I can say with my hand on my heart, that the person that has helped me has saved me from insanity!!!

Never once have they said I've laid it out in the wrong manner or too difficult to read!!! But taken the time to encourage & advise me on the next step forward.

MB,

I see your point about the different lay outs, but are we not ALL entitled to the same help???? Whether it's laid in the correct manner or not? Yes, I've never said otherwise

After all our predicaments are the same in no whatever lay out! The bank still send letters etc... The stress levels are still the same!!

I can say with my hand on my heart, that the person that has helped me has saved me from insanity!!!

Never once have they said I've laid it out in the wrong manner or too difficult to read!!! But taken the time to encourage & advise me on the next step forward. Nor have I, but it's still a pain to read

You're reading far too much into the original post, which was meant slightly tongue in cheek and not to be taken too literally.

Not Reading The FAQs and Step by Step Guide

Anyone who fails to do this should be put up against a wall and shot, well, strung up at least (rope is re-usable whereas bullets cost)

Strange that you're concerned about all being entitled to the same help, but not about them being shot!! :grin: