Barclays made an offer?

LynZe
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6148 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, i need some advice, I have been all through the process of sending barclays letters and giving them 14 days etc etc in which to reply. I have had no response. i have entered my claim to Money claim and waited again the necessary days and on the last day in Which Barclays had to Acknowledge my claim they did so at 6.30pm. (Gutted). Athough I have now recieved a letter which is offering me half of what i am claiming for? Do i accept? i dont know what to do from here? If i dont except is there a letter template on this site? I was reading some one elses claim details and they were talking about a Court Bundle? What is this? I want to go all the way but dont really no what to doo at this stage? Also i originally claimed for 3,100.00 but can i add interest to this for everyday that goes by? Can Anyone help?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

here are a few links you may find helpful

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/24031-frequently-asked-questions.html

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/31460-example-step-step-instructions.html

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/182-6-interest-calculation-spreadsheets.html

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/33060-basic-court-bundle.html

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/25716-rejecting-offers.html

Have a read of the 1st two threads .... they will answer most of your questions

Once it gets to filing at court thats when you can add s69 interest @8%

the link to the spreadsheets ive posted update each time you open them

No you dont have to accept and i have posted the link to the rejection letters (letter 5 i think suits your circumstances) just amend/adapt to your requirements

The court bundle is everything that you will rely on should the claim actually get to court

any other questions just post here and someone will help

Hope this helps

saint

It seems you have already filed for court action.

If i were in your shoes i wouldn't even be considering accepting offer now. If you do you won't get back what you have spent on court fees

Regarding the interest did you request s.69 interest @ 8% when you submitted your forms to MCOL?

I have now recieved a letter which is offering me half of what i am claiming for? Do i accept? i dont know what to do from here?

Use the letter that says you accept as part payment but have already begun court proceedings to recover the full amount.

Court Bundle? What is this?
a court bundle is all the documentation that you would rely on if your case went before the judge.
can i add interest to this for everyday that goes by?

You should have entered your charges onto a spreadsheet, this is your SOC's , if used the one from this site, it will automatically calculate the increase in the interest daily..

Now that you have filed at court have you sent your SOC's to both parties? If not do it Monday [recorded delivery]

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

http://news.sky.com/skynews/madeleine

If I dont reply to a direct question please feel free to PM me.

Yes its going through the small claims and i added the 8% interest but thats all. My heart is saying take whats been offered but my head is saying dont be silly push them for as much as you can get, but im scared of loosing out all together because i actually owe Barclays bank 500.00 already as i left them and joined a debt consolidation company, although i pay barclays every month the agreed amount i am in debt to them? which could be held against me...

LynZ

What you owe them will not go against you. If it were not for the charges you would not be where you are today. Have courage my friend and you will get back what is rightfully yours.

Trucker

Hi LynZ,

Trucker is right; stick to your guns and you will be refunded in full!

however, at this stage it's important for you to know how things work. spend as much time as you can reading the pages Saintly suggested. you'll find you understand things much better, and that will help you feel in control of the situation.

That's the vital thing, WE are in control of this situation, NOT the banks!

:D :D :D

Ok, I've done it now!! Ahhhh!! i sent the letter by recorded delivery today telling Barclays that i have declined there offer. Im really scared now! I keep thinking that ill probably loose out all together and will be completely gutted that i didnt take there 1st offer!! But i have to be strong and think how great it will be , if ... i win!! Positive thinking Positive thinking!!

The claim has already been filed. I was hoping they wouldnt Acknowledge it but they did on the very last day they had to Acknowledge before i won by default. Thats when they made the offer of only half of my claim and i have now rejected this. So im now left wondering what there next move will be? Im assuming they will put in a defence? But im hoping and pleading for a full and final settlement in the post! What do you think they'll do?

They will not offer you anything until you have a court date. The next thing that will happen is that they will enter a defence. Don't ask for judgement if they seem to have gone past their deadline for entering a defenceas the MCOL system is slow at updating and barclays seem able to enter their defence late and get away with it. The claim will then be transferred to your local court. You may have to fill in an Allocations Questionaire (this really depends on the court) you will then get a court date. At that point Barclay's litigation team will talk to you and settle in full see below link

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclays-bank/94602-barclays-litigation-team-good.html

I was just reading that link. So, now i have sent the letter of rejection, would it be an idea calling the litigation team now... and speaking to them direct to see if i can get an early full settlement in order to not waste the courts time, or is that wishful thinking.? Is it best to sit back and wait? i hate all this waiting... Im soo scared that itll just be my luck i have to go to court and loose. This claim is consuming my brain!!! lol x

Well it maybe worth a try, but i doubt very much if you will get early settlement. Think they are clogged down with all that have dates already. From what i have read the man to phone / email is dino, he seems to reply straight away. He will tell you who is looking after your case....Good Luck

P.S. don't be down hearted if they knock you back at this time

Thanks trucker, you've been a great help.

If its just a matter of waiting do you know roughly what kind of time scale im looking at or is that like asking , how long is a bit of string?

Lynz

Lol. Well i was hoping sooner rather than later but im guessing everyone in my position is hoping the same. I have just emailed Dino, requesting for his help in this matter and the contact details of the person dealing with my claim. Hopefully he'll get back to me.