just got my full offer letter :D :D :D

Madam Ra
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6413 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I have been given a date for a preliminary court hearing. The letter states that this will only last 15 minutes. How likely is it that I will have to go to this?

I'm pooping my pants now - i really don't want to go. I have a terrible stammer when nervous and I'll never get my point or anything across!

I know in the majority of cases, Barclays pay up just before the court date. But Is THIS the court date? It says it's preliminary.

Any advice would be gratefully recieved! The hearing is on the 9th :shock:

Ra*

(BUMP)

My preliminary hearing is on the 9th Oct... has anyone else had a preliminary hearing? I have not heard it mentioned before.

I assume, as it is only 15 mins, I shouldn't need to take too much with me, but will have my spreadsheet. Should I prepare anything else?

I'm wondering whether they are so used to getting court trials like this and Barclays paying up at the last minute, perhaps they don't have a 'proper' court session as it's a waste of thier time (if barclays fail to show up so regularly)?

What's everyone's opinion on this?

Thanks guys!

Ra*

i have been to court over a different matter and if this is a Pre-Trial Review(PTR) then it is really just a chance for the judge to make sure that he knows what the case is about and to tell you that you need to justify your claim.

make sure that you have completed all your spreadsheets etc. as described in the advice section. if you don't feel confident then you should be allowed to have a lay representative accompany you. this can be anyone but only a professional solicitor can act in your absence. check this with your court.

don't worry. the newspapers are full of this and it is unlikely that the judge won't be fully aware. because of the nature of the case, they have to show that the charges are genuine and not just a moneyspinner, which they haven't been too keen on to date.

good luck and keep smiling

Newacre

LoydsTSB - £4,158.82 inc interest @16%

SARS request - July 06

Prelim letter - 19 Sept

Letter back saying how devastated all the lads at Head Office were to hear... - 31 Oct 06

LBA sent - 8th Nov 06(had to send a 2nd as Royal mail lost it)

Summons reg at CC 15th Dec 06

Nice letter saying that they would be refunding £750, no strings! 18 Dec 06

SC&M acknowledged service and will be defending claim in full - 4 Jan 07

25 Jan 07 transferred to mercantile Court with about 50 others

06 Feb 07 SETTLED IN FULL! - £4466(includes a bit extra interest)

It's asking for me to keep it confidential...:p I need to write back to accept.

Should I write the letter accepting it, then say I cannot keep it confidential - They have charged me a few hundred pounds since i started the claim... should I add this in with my letter?

Sorry - I'm just so shocked they have finally got this far :o :D

RA!!!!!! :D

THERE IS HOPE FOR YOU ALL!

ps> sorry for starting a new thread - just too excited to find my first one!

pps> I am not breaching the confitentiality as I have not accepted yet and you all don't know who I am :p

At what stage did they send you the full offer? I'm awaiting for judgement day to arrive (7th October) and would love to get such a letter now...

"The instant you open your mouth to describe a problem you can't fix, the solution you need will occur to you!"

Claim against Barclays 1.

Settled in full - 17th January 2007.

Claim against Barclays 2.

Settled at 75% of offer - cash required for Xmas.

Claim against Smile.

Settled in full, without MCOL involvment.

Claim against MBNA.

S.A.R. - 18th September 2006

Pre Lim - 24th November 2006

Damm, forgotten about this one!

Well my definition of judgment day was the 14 day period from submitting a claim online and it being deemed as served. So I take it that they filed an acknowledgment of service and then filed a defence. This would result in a court date being given (if I take the proceedings to be correct). If so, I have some time to go then! (Maybe I should reword my judgment day!)

"The instant you open your mouth to describe a problem you can't fix, the solution you need will occur to you!"

Claim against Barclays 1.

Settled in full - 17th January 2007.

Claim against Barclays 2.

Settled at 75% of offer - cash required for Xmas.

Claim against Smile.

Settled in full, without MCOL involvment.

Claim against MBNA.

S.A.R. - 18th September 2006

Pre Lim - 24th November 2006

Damm, forgotten about this one!

teehee, I would have seen that if i'd read your signature, but I'm still a little hyper that I'm going to have all my money back!!!!!!!!

after I filed my claim online, it was about 1 month, and barclays filed thier defence. about a week later i got my allocation questionairre, which had to be back after 2 weeks. then about 2 weeks later i got a court date for about 3 weeks after. so I'd say it took 11 weeks or so after my online claim was accepted.

I started tha ball rolling back in june! I'm so chuffed it's all over!... nearly.

I have to accept it yet... I'm still unsure about what to do about the money they have taken from me in the meantime. I think I will have to write another letter in with my acceptance. Any one have any Ideas on how I should word this?

:D

Hi Madam Ra,

It may well be worth knocking up a letter along the lines of 'I will accept your offer in settlement of my claim, only under the premise that it is unconditional and the following charges additionally made to my account are refunded:

Date / charge type / amount

This makes a settlement total of "£xxxx.xx". Once this amount has been refunded to my account I will contact the court to withdraw the claim'.

Should do it :)

reload vs Lloyds - £2703.11 Settlement Reached 14/07/06.

reload vs Lloyds Round 2 - Prelim sent 27/03/07. £435 owed.

reload vs Capital One - £456.57 Settlement Reached 14/07/06.

reload's mum vs Barclays - £745 owed. £375 partial settlement reached 17/10/06.

Lloyds Bank - The Template Response Letters!

Advice & opinions of reload are offered informally, without prejudice and without liability. Please use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

reload - That sounds FAB. Thank You!

I'm off to write it up now!

:D

I really hope that this brightens you all up since nobody has told us that they have got all their money back recently

Well done Madam RA, My court date isn't until 18th Jan so ive got ages yet. Lets hope they are still paying up then.

Isherwood v Barclays £1155

1st letter sent 3/6/2006

Offer of £465 rejected 1/7/2006

LBA sent 10/07/2006

bogoff REPLY SENT 12/07/2006

MCOL COURT ACTION 17/7/2006

ACKNOWLEDGED 28/7/2006

DEFENCE ISSUED 17/8/2006

Defence and AQ received 23/8/2006

AQ delivered by hand to the County Court 24/8/2006

Court Date received on 26th Sept for 18th January

Documents Sent to Barclays and Courts 12th Oct

2ND JAN SETTLED IN FULL

MBNA request for £67 refund sent 17/7/2006

Halifax - Your next :eek:

UPDATE!

Right. Well i sent off the letter to Barclays saying:

'I will accept your offer in settlement of my claim, only under the premise that it is unconditional and the following charges additionally made to my account are refunded:

Date / charge type / amount

This makes a settlement total of "£xxxx.xx". Once this amount has been refunded to my account I will contact the court to withdraw the claim'.

As above, thanks reload!

Well, I had an answer machine message on thursday evening (in a panicky voice!) asking whether I had signed the letter and sent it back yet... I also go a letter with the same on, first thing friday!

So I called this guy back on Friday morning explaining I had sent a letter on tuesday. I expolained that I would only accept if I got the extra money. He said he'd have to call me back. 10 mins later he called back saying... well we shouldn't, but my manager has agreed you may have the extra money... can you cancel the court now please!?? hehe,

So I say of course, as soon as I see that the full amount plus the extra couple of hundred is in there I will call them and cancel. He agrees.

I checked my account about 3 times and nothing. so at 1.30ish, I ring back and say 'you do know if this is not in my account before 3pm I won't have time to call the court and I will have to see you there on Monday'. He panicked and said it will be in soon, there was some problem. I said, well that's not my problem - I have no problems with going to court on monday so it's up to you.

I get another call about 5 mins later saying it is in my account :-D

So I checked - It was :-D

AND they still haven't recieved my letter, saying that I won't keep it secret!!! Heehee which tabloid should I go to first ;)

I guess i best withdraw the money pronto so they can't take it off me again!

HOORAH! One up for the little people :lol:

Ra*

and I'd just like to add...

I badged most of the entire process up. If anyone is worried about little things like putting the wrong amount on the letter or adding the interest when you shouldn't - DON'T WORRY... I did it alll and still got it all back!

Firstly, when I did my first schedule of the charges, I cocked up the calculations of interest (even though i wasn't meant to put them on :p ) which meant I asked for £6 interest back instead of £120ish!!!!!!

But on the next letter I set it straight.

THEN I messsed up when I wrote up my MCOL form. I thought it was meant to be a brief statement and that they wouldask for the rest of the details later - so I didn't even put my banking details! Only the amount!!! (I didn't see the template on here :rolleyes: )

YET I STILL WON :lol::-D

I just want everyone to know that it doesn't really matter if you mess it up - keep going, you'll get your money back!

AND do ask for any money they may have charged you in the mean time - they will give it to you rather than go to court!

Hope this helps you guys... this was what I was worried about (obviously) as I had done so much wrong!!!!

Ra*

Congratulations!! Well done!!

I just absolutely LOVE your story of the telephone encounters with Barclays' "panicky" little man. It's made my day.

Victimnomore

By day, quiet unassuming bank customer - but, by night, .. .. .. .. ..

Barclays Case1

14/03/07 **WON** FULL settlement £3358.39

Barclays Case2

08/09/08 Prelim: please give me my £187.91 back.

Halifax Case1

14/03/07 **WON** Refunded £728 (including £54 costs)

Halifax Case2

08/09/08 Prelim: please give me my £268.24 back.