FV1 Inc Debt Collection - Who are they?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4908 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Does anyone know who this mob are?Missus has had her debt from HSBC passed to Metropolitan Collection Services who made no attempt to track her down (they had the right address) but have now passed it to this FV1 firm.The number they have given is wrong and I can't find them anywhere. Tracked them down to Cabot Square in London, but still no number, apparently they are an American firm although you'd think they'd make themselves known so people could pay them. They too haven't bothered tracking down the missus and we've since moved so want to get this resolved. Got the cash, want to make them an offer.Has anyone had any dealings with this company, just a contact number that works would be nice...

Bit of an update:She tried to pay HSBC they said its gone to Metropolitan who are nothing to do with them.I did some digging on Metropolitan and they are part of the HSBC Group!!She tried Metropolitan who said it is now with FV1 who they know nothing of.FV1 work for HSBC, I've found a number and their voice mail says "FV1 working for HSBC".So the debt has never left HSBC, but the sneaky sods are passing it around their companies whacking charges all the way but not letting her pay it off.Anyone got any ideas for a complete novice...

send them an SAR which is a Subject Access Request (hsbc) youll find it in the STICKY templates section

this will make you aware of any charges, then you can claim them back and reduce the debt!

if any DCA is chasing you, send them a CCA request (consumer credit agreement) this will let you see if they are legally allowed to chase the debt

Me Vs AA/Blair Oliver - Defaulted on CCA, Committed Criminal Offence, started chasing payment

Me Vs Great Universal - Wrote off the 2k balance, couldnt supply docs

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/74209-me-littlewoods-catalogue.html

My Friend Vs Lowell Portfolio - Balance written off, all action stopped!

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/75075-my-friend-lowell-victory.html

My Friend Vs Empire Catalogue - Balance Cleared

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/75713-my-friend-empire-droyds.html

Does anyone know who this mob are?Missus has had her debt from HSBC passed to Metropolitan Collection Services who made no attempt to track her down (they had the right address) but have now passed it to this FV1 firm.The number they have given is wrong and I can't find them anywhere. Tracked them down to Cabot Square in London, but still no number, apparently they are an American firm although you'd think they'd make themselves known so people could pay them. They too haven't bothered tracking down the missus and we've since moved so want to get this resolved. Got the cash, want to make them an offer.Has anyone had any dealings with this company, just a contact number that works would be nice...

Try this thread - ok once you get passed the first twn messages or so

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/68333-fv1-i-know-who.html (Last bit of post 10 is interestng)

Just hate every DCA out there

• 3 weeks later...

It may be helpful if I explain my understanding that FV-1 Inc is a trading name of Morgan Stanley of 25 Cabot Square. If you search the ICO Register for "FV-1 Inc" and "Morgan Stanley" you will see the same address. I suspect that HSBC Bank plc (of which I believe Metropolitan Collection Services Limited is a wholly owned subsidiary) as assigned your debt to Morgan Stanley T/A FV-1 Inc. Hope this helps. A Well Wisher.

• Haha 1

It may be helpful if I explain my understanding that FV-1 Inc is a trading name of Morgan Stanley of 28 Cabot Square. If you search the ICO Register for "FV-1 Inc" and "Morgan Stanley" you will see the same address. I suspect that HSBC Bank plc (of which I believe Metropolitan Collection Services Limited is a wholly owned subsidiary) as assigned your debt to Morgan Stanley T/A FV-1 Inc. Hope this helps. A Well Wisher.

============================================

Registration Number: Z5518960

Date Registered: 18 June 2001 Registration Expires: 17 June 2007

Data Controller: METROPOLITAN COLLECTION SERVICES LIMITED

Address:

56 ST. JAMES ROAD

EDGBASTON

BIRMINGHAM

B15 1QZ

Other Names:

CENTRAL DEBT ENFORCEMENT AGENCY

PAYMENT SERVICES BUREAU

MAITLAND COLLECTIONS

FIVE WAYS RECOVERY SERVICES

BANCROFTS

--------------------

and some others from the same stable include

Total Records found 9

ASSET FINANCE DECEMBER (V) LIMITED

ASSETFINANCE JUNE (D) LIMITED

ASSETFINANCE JUNE (F) LIMITED

ASSETFINANCE JUNE (V) LIMITED

DG SOLICITORS

FORWARD TRUST MOTOR FINANCE LTD

HSBC EQUIPMENT FINANCE (UK ) LIMITED

HSBC VEHICLE SERVICES (UK) LTD

METROPOLITAN COLLECTION SERVICES LIMITED

:cool: sunbathing in juan les pins de temps en temps

Metropolitan Collection Services Ltd. Address:56 St James Road

Edgbaston

Birmingham

West Midlands

B15 1JL

Companies House

Registration Number:1475006

NOTE SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT POSTCODE ---- AT COMPANYS HOUSE

:cool: sunbathing in juan les pins de temps en temps

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Hi All

I Too Have Been On The Recieving End Of Fv1, And I Have Some Info Which Might Be Helpfull.

I Have Made Enquiries With The Fsa, Oft ,and Csa, And Have Confirmed Fv-1 Inc Is A American Firm But Do Not Hold A Consumer Credit Lic, Fv1 Do Not Exist At All, I Have Had An Entry Put On Experian That I Owe Fv1 Money By Nco Europe Ltd Of Preston , This Is The Subject Of A Complaint To The Financial Ombudsman, As How Is It Possible To Owe Money To A Company Which Does Not Exist.

My Advise Is If You See This Company On Your File Ask Experian Who Put It There And Complain, As Even If You Did Owe Money If They Have No Consumer Credit Lic It Is Not Enforcible Against You.:)

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have just spoken with NCO Europe, FV1 are a wholly owned subsidiary of NCO Europe, this has just been confirmed by Adrian the Manager for FV1 who can be contacted directly on 01772 84 3449. He is the 1st person i've spoken to at NCO Europe to admit that FV1 is not in fact a seperate business with a seperate telephone number and address so don't listen to the rubbish their call centre agents spout.

• 9 months later...