• Tweets

• China green-lights mass production of autonomous flying taxis — with commercial flights set for 2025 | Live Science WWW.LIVESCIENCE.COM The EHang EH216-S autonomous flying taxi is the first eVTOL ready for mass production and could lead the way for flying cars around...  
    • Lolerz - I don't understand you.  Rebuked you?   No. I simply replied to your orange comments with legal facts as I know them.  I've already worked through the s42 and s146 issues - over the last 3-4y - and these issues are (mostly) resolved legally.  In terms of posting evidence.  Sure I can post some.  But my most recent questions have been a) how can I enforce a sale before trial?  And b) how can I make a complaint and/or a claim v receiver? (E.g. to which body do I complain?).  At the mo I'm asking for some helpful pointers on those specific questions??  I'm not asking for help with how to prove or present evidence. Fwiw - all evidence for trial has been disclosed (although additions are poss). The lender sent me like 10,000 emails and docs.  There's also 000s of emails, docs, photos, videos, recordings and texts that relate to freeholders/ me.   I read, filed and categorised everything for ease of future reference.  Witness statements and evidence were prepared for trial in the 42 and 146 matters. (now joined with current claim to save duplication).  I've lived the process before.  My current statement and linked evidence has taken like 6 months to draft/ write - to ensure I can succinctly prove my defence and counterclaim points.   Whether I can convince a judge at trial w/o lawyer / barrister is debatable 🙄   But I've prepared.  And continue to try better prepare - which is why I visit this site (and clinics).  This is NOT my business or expertise at all.  I'm just trying.  Not that anyone should ever have to justify why they need help if they ask politely! 
    • Thanks for the other info will also take a look at that.
    • It doesn't use the word reconstructed in the cover letter.  Although, I have just noticed on the cover letter they have asked me to complete a financial statement and offer a repayment within the next 10 days, or they will continue to follow court directions.  They sent a separate letter on the same day advising me they will be continuing with their claim ?  They have done the same for both claims.  Is it worth just doing that - doing the financial breakdown and offering a x amount.    
    • hahah except I can't locate the courier to frighten them with it hahaha   
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Equity Red Star - disgusting customer service

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6238 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys & gals, need to vent my anger!

Had my car broken into in the early hours of this morning. Contacted my insurance company (at premium rate of course), was left on hold for 20 minutes (your call is very important to us, (I bet it is when you are charging me for it)) and finally got through to the call centre. "Sorry sir, you have come through to the claims line, you need the glass line. Here is the number...". So another premium rate number and another 25 minutes. Finally at 12.00 I am told that someone will be out within a couple of hours to at the very least secure the vehicle. At 1430, I rand back (a bit more money for them then) and was told they were very busy but I would be called back within 30 minutes with an appointment time. At 1600 I called again, not to worry, "we will call you in 15 minutes. Don't worry we work through the night". At 1745 I called yet again, was on hold for 25 minutes and was told that they had tried to call me at 1755 but I was not in!! Explained as politely as I possibly could at this point that I most certainly was in, in fact I was on the phone to them, swelling their already undoubtebly very full coffers! The nature of the call was to inform me that no one would be coming out tonight, they would "hopefully" be out" sometime tomorrow morning" to fit perspex as they don't carry my glass in stock!! Enquired as to exactly where I would stand if someone were to steal the car overnight, can you guess what I was told?? Since the car is not secured, I would not be covered!!!! They then had the cheek to ask me to pay my excess in advance "in order to save time!!":confused: .

Finally arranged another company to come out and fix the glass (National Windscreens, very helpful indeed by the way). I accept I will have to pay my excess to this company, but does anyone think that I have grounds to claim against ERS in order to get my excess back?

CAG - Power to the People

i am really sorry to hear about your troubles - equity red star are an insurance company that brokers tend to use - i would suggest for future reference you insure directly with a leading named insurer - churchill/more than/etc - these sorts of companies very rarely expect customers to ring premium rate phone numbers

Just some general info for you, most insurers use a "recommended repairer" (usually autoglass) so as long as you use them, all you pay is your XS and the rest is taken care of. The Insurers also have the facility to use a different repairer however the rules are slightly different, most will impose a limit to how much they will pay (usually about £150) anything over that then you are liable for. So if you've called the other company off your own back (which given the circumstances its obvious to see why) then you could end up paying more than you first thought. I'd give ERS claims dept a call back, (try first thing in the morning about 8ish, thats when most call centres are quieter) and explain your situation to them and see how you get on.

DA.

If you find the advice I give is useful, then please feel free to click the scales :)

"It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" :)

Sorry to hear of your troubles.

Which phone no are you using? If it is 0870 608 1934 this is a national rate no. (not premium rate) and is operated on Equity Red Stars behalf by RAC Auto Windscreens. Any problem with supply is down to the windscreen fitting company rather than the insurer.

As for your alternative choice, National Windscreens, I have always found them (in my area at least) to be the best and lowest cost windscreen repairer by far. One word of caution though is that if you do not use Equity's approved repairer the excess applicable is usually increased to £100 which is a tactic to streamline glass claims being employed by many insurers now.

Cahoot - Rejection of offer sent 14/06/07

Barclaycard - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 22/03/07

• 1 month later...

The majority of Insurance Companies have agreements with Windscreen providers in view of the bulk purchase power. It costs Insurance Companies as little as £63 inc VAT for a replacement windscreen.

If you don't use their approved repairer/supplier, there is usually a higher excess to reflect the increase in costs for them.

wrigaj1,

Not necessarily so - most personal lines insurers have poor claims service but commerial is quite different.

PS - I'm insured via "Lloyds" and have no problems, could be though that I know the claims manager & Underwriter LOL !!!

In a direct answer to the original post, when you received the policy, there would normally be a "bump" card to keep in the car & also a card ( credit card size) giving the details of Auto Windscreens ( I believe ) for Equity. They would repair/replace & invoice insurer direct.

:p :p If my advice as been of help, please give me a quick click on the scales to your right ;) ;) :)

wrigaj1,

Not necessarily so - most personal lines insurers have poor claims service but commerial is quite different.

I know, I am an RAU dealing with Commercial Motor Insurance. Most of my Brokers intimate that the claims service from Lloyds syndicates is shocking :cool: