Phone shop GSMsolutionsltd.com kept my lcd screen! Advice please?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5501 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A phone repair/unlocking shop in dublin ,GSMsolutionsltd.com,.... gave me back a different lcd screen to the one on my phone! I left my Nokia n82 in my backgarden seat , I only realised when it began to rain! So I sent my phone it in for repair to this place to see if it could be fixed which i completely doubted that it could, and low and behold, it couldn't I was shown a picture of the inside of the phone and the damaged area was indicated to me. Fair enough. I can live with that, i was dumb, my fault and all that But....... when I sent the phone away, the screen lit up. It doesn't now...

So...... I open up the phone, and these people had taken out my screen and thrown in some heap of junk that not only isn't the same screen, it's a different model altogether!, the damn thing won't even connect to the main circuit board!:-o They just stuffed it in and thought I wouldn't notice!:mad: I know the phone is not repairable and worth nothing to me now but they'll probably make money on this by using my old screen to repair somebody elses phone?

Am I entitled to anything? It's the principal more than anything! I did ask to speak to the manager of GSMsolutionsltd and I then spoke to the guy twice on the phone and he was no help, he was very flippant and even asked me, "what was the problem as the phone could not be fixed"!. I persisted that it was very bad practice what they were doing! The second time i spoke to him, he told me that the technician who worked on my phone was on holidays and that he would get him to ring me when he is back Somehow i don't think that is going to happen!:-?

Has this kinda thing ever happened to anyone else?