Crispy vs Halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6502 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Right, it's time to get on the bandwagon and get things moving. I've been reading the site all day and I think i've got the plan of attack in order...

Just phoned to request transactions and charges over the last six years. Paid £5 and was told they'd be put in the post straight away. I've got a majority of my statements but I'd rather have a complete list as I think it's going to be several thousand pounds...

Will keep you posted guys, but I think i'm going to need your support through this! It's all so exciting! :D

Welcome aboard crispy - best of luck

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Moving on! Got my statements through this morning (all 97 pages worth, fantastic :rolleyes:), and worked out i'm owed £2174 in charges. Which is nice :D

Just writing out my prelim letter now, can I just check that the best address to sent it to is :-

Halifax plc

trinity road

hx1 2rg

Obviously don't want it to go to the wrong place and get lost in an 'administrative error'.

That will be fine.

Keep your costs low and just take the letter to your post office - get a free certificate of postage rather than paying extra for recorded or special delivery etc.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Preliminary letter posted! I'll give them a day to receive it, so I make the deadline 14th July!

By the sound of things I'll be expecting a standard letter with a rubbish offer sooner mind...

• 3 weeks later...

Quick question. On the 6th July I got a standard letter saying that my letter had been forwarded to customer services. Does this mean I now have to wait 14 days from the 6th, or can I stick to my original timescale and send my lba today?

Also, i've had another charge since I sent off the preliminary letter. Can I state this is my lba and add it to the amount i'm claiming?

Cheers

Quick question. On the 6th July I got a standard letter saying that my letter had been forwarded to customer services. Does this mean I now have to wait 14 days from the 6th, or can I stick to my original timescale and send my lba today?

Stick to your timetable

Also, i've had another charge since I sent off the preliminary letter. Can I state this is my lba and add it to the amount i'm claiming?

yes ...dont forget to add it to the spreadsheet as well

Cheers

mechs

:) Go on ... you know you want to click me :)

:lol:don't be like the banks - give a little back :lol:

:D There was a time before CAG but now CAG is here we are the empowered! :D

In progress:

Mechs and Mother (deceased) V Halifax - N1 form filed at Court 9 Aug 06

Advice & opinions of mechs, The Consumer Action Group and The Bank Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

Good luck crispy:p

Sent Data Protection Act to Halifax 13.6.06

Daughters Data Protection Act sent to NatWest 5.6.06

Natwest sent statements on 24.6.06 Daughter owed £204.00 Preliminary ready to go.

Halifax sent my statements today(26.6.06) Owe me £1702.00

Preliminary sent on 27. 6.06.

Wohoo! It's all going on... :D

Got a fairly standard letter with an offer of £200 as full and final payment, but I've read two different things at this point.

Do I accept the offer as partial payment, and say if they don't pay the full amount by my original deadline, i'll still take them to court. Or...

Do I just reject the offer flat and say I won't accept anything less than the full amount?

Cheers for all your help guys!

reply accepting as partial however you will proceed to court for the remainder.

Halifax WON X 2, Northern Rock WON, Capital One WON, Marbles WON, HSBC WON

On the 25th october I will be filing a claim for £175.00 Citicards. Just watch it!

• 2 weeks later...

Deadline is up! I'm now filling out the moneyclaim form, just got a quick question.

On the particulars of claim box, I've noticed people are claiming the 8% annual interest on the charges AND daily interest on them at 0.022%.

I get the first bit, but where does the daily interest come into it?

Cheers for all your help!

you have worked out the 8% interest already, yep

after the date of filing, that 8% continues, but so they can work it out you have to tell them what the daily rate is in pence.

i think it is 0.0022 x debt, someone else may be able to shed light on the exact daily amount. (i left 8% in)

On the 25th october I will be filing a claim for £175.00 Citicards. Just watch it!

Confused, you will be... :-)

What was all that about?

they will acknowledge in about a week, stating they intend to defend. Northern rock submitted a defence which got me rather "hot under the collar" but the defence was "we have sent him a cheque".

expect a refund in about 3 weeks now.