Moving from England to Scotland

Monty2007
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6089 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have two cases ongoing (i) HSBC bank charges claim and (ii) being pursued on behalf of Amex (awaiting CCA response) but I am moving to Scotland.

Will they transfer the HSBC case to my local court in Scotland or will I have to come back for any hearing?

In the case of (ii) any views on what will happen?

The bank charges claim I would check with the court but I am fairly sure as you were resident in England at the time of the start of the claim you can continue in England. In the case of Amex I assume they have not started court procedings? If they haven't they would certainly have to pursue in a Scottish court. If they have then it is highly likely that they would have to move the court case to a Scottish court, but you must request this.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

The bank charges claim I would check with the court but I am fairly sure as you were resident in England at the time of the start of the claim you can continue in England. In the case of Amex I assume they have not started court procedings? If they haven't they would certainly have to pursue in a Scottish court. If they have then it is highly likely that they would have to move the court case to a Scottish court, but you must request this.

Thanks Rory. No they have not started proceedings, just threats at the moment though they are a real legal firm. I have made them an offer to settle but is very low (no CCA). Just waiting to see what they come back with...........

Then they would definately have to pursue the matter in a Scottish Court.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Out of interest where are you moving too?