hsbc cca

lolly371
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6020 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

going through my credit card agreement with a fine tooth comb, i have noticed that it has an APR of 17.9% variable. how much can it vary? my statements are charged at 20.9%. (i think- there are only 3 statements that tell me the APR rate) is that a reasonable fluctuation? also the credit agreement is actually the application form i signed before receiving the card. i know there have been a lot of discussions about the difference between an application form and a credit agreement, but it seems to have all of the prescribed terms, so i am a bit unsure of what to think. my oh is going to scan it for me when he gets a minute, so any advice would be good. i'm not very good with computers (it took me nearly a year to get the courage to start my own thread!!!) so sorry for the delay! if i can get any advice on the APR in the meantime, though, i'd be very grateful

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Lolly, If the application form has all the terms and conditions that govern the credit agreement printed on it then your probably on thin ice.

The one I got sent back was just my signature and a bland statement saying if a card was granted it would be governed by the terms and conditions of the lender and mentioned two clauses in particular by number. They also sent a set of the up to date terms and conditions which were totally different and didn't have clauses with the numbers on the application form :rolleyes: so check what you have been sent carefully.

Apr's do fluctuate but take the higher one when you are calculating the interest due back on your charges :D.

pete

today i received another letter from hsbc saying

I write in reference to a recent letter from the Financial Ombudsman Service.

I can see that you have requested copies of credit agreements from the bank and have said that you are unhappy at the time we have taken to respond.

Please find copies of signed agreement forms for your personal loan, credit card and flexi-loan. Regarding the overdraft facility that existed on your account, it was agreed over the telephone and no signed agreement was required.

I would also like to apologise if this information has not been provided as quickly as it should have been. I would be grateful if you would contact the Financial Ombudsman Service and let them know that the bank has now sent you the necessary paperwork.

This was only a small part of the reason why i contacted the financial ombudsman. i have an ongoing complaint, and they wont address it, so i will now need to send hsbc another letter telling them to read through my previous correspandance and get it sorted. Ever noticed how, hsbc deal with the problems they can, and ignore the rest?!! again, as soon as we can work out how to upload copies of the agreements i will post them for some advice.

Regarding the overdraft facility that existed on your account, it was agreed over the telephone and no signed agreement was required.

overdraft facility? what overdraft facility? is this the one where i have stopped using my account because as soon as i zero the balance they remove another charge so i transerred verything to another account and i am now overdrawn by £200 purely from charges!!! i dont rememer discussing it over the phone, or them agreeing to give me an overdraft

Write back and tell them you cant contact the Financial Ombudsman Service and let them know that the bank has now sent you the necessary paperwork because they haven't :).

HSBC run this silly formal/informal overdraft system if you ask for an overdraft its formal if you don't and your account goes overdrawn then its informal. It's meaningless twaddle :-)

pete

Write back and tell them you cant contact the Financial Ombudsman Service and let them know that the bank has now sent you the necessary paperwork because they haven't :).

i like it!!:lol:

HSBC run this silly formal/informal overdraft system if you ask for an overdraft its formal if you don't and your account goes overdrawn then its informal. It's meaningless twaddle :-)

pete

why doesnt that surprise me, if there's one thing hsbc likes, its meaningless twaddle

well, we've spent ages trying to attach the scanned credit agreements, but no success, tried this photobucket thing, but cant make head nor tail of it. dont know what we're doing wrong, but hey, thats why neither of us work with computers!!

anybody with any suggestions how to post these credit agreements? i need to sort it now, because i am desperate to get hsbc to accept my reduced payments.

at the moment they keep trying to take them out each month and then banging a charge on, which doesnt matter too much in itself as i dont use the account any more and will eventually get around to reclaim the charges- which will basically put the account back to zero. both mine and my ohs accounts are now overdrawn by the exact amount in charges we havent got around to claiming, yet!

when i pointed this out to somebody at hsbc, i was informed, you have now made three claims against us, if you try it again there will be severe repercussions for you! with hindsight, i perhaps should have left longer between claims and done them all in one, but i was so desperate for cash that i did two claims for £100ish as soon as they had been taken.

the trouble i am having is, that i am approaching a default and would really like to avoid that if at all possible, but until they accept my offer, i am stuck, so i could really do with some advice regarding the agreements. they look fine to me, but if somebody could find ANYTHING at all that i could use as a bargaining tool, it could mean the difference between me regaining control of my finances, or slipping deeper.

as i may have mentioned before, we are only in this mess because my oh was ill for a very long time, but he is better now, and we can start to repair our finances if we could just get the chance to actually stop the cycle.

sorry about the long winded rant, i just wanted to clearly explain the situation. i am not trying to avoid payment, i just want to slow things down for a short while to get us back on our feet, and hsbc clearly dont feel the same way.

Have you got a photo bucket account. If you haven't sign up (It's free). Once you have signed up, you will need to be in the "my album" section. On the right hand side, you will see an upload box. As you have said you have scanned the agreements on to your machine you will need to make sure you are in the "images from my pc" part. then click on browse and find your scanned images. If there is more than one image you will need to use the other "browse" buttons. then all you have to do is pres "Upload". Once your images are on the site you will then be able to copy them on to a post here. To do this, find the image, right click your mouse, select copy, go to your post on CAG, press right click again and then paste.

If you have any problems, just shout

On the photo bucket site with every photo you choose, there is a choice to copy as an IMG (for forums). Left click on the one beside your image and you should get a little pop-up which says 'copied'...

Then just go to the forum and paste it in......... :)

PS Freaky , have you seen Pete's last post on his own thread - he's thinking of going somewhere else and we can't afford to lose people like him.......... :eek:

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If you think I've helped you please feel free to tickle my star :-D

PS Freaky , have you seen Pete's last post on his own thread - he's thinking of going somewhere else and we can't afford to lose people like him.......... :eek:

i've just read it.... whats happening, why is everybody so upset? CAG used to be so happy, yet everywhere i look people are upsetting each other.:(

Hi Lolly. I am hoping it is just a blip. Everyone has their off days and yesterday seems to have been a bit of a bad one for quiet a few.

I am sure things will retun to normal service before long. This really is one of the friendliest forums I have ever seen and has a strong sense of community. I think it is that sense of community that will see it through this rocky patch.

We will all laugh about it soon.:D

Hi Lolly,

Did the other bit work OK? Or haven't you tried it yet.........:cool:

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Hi Lolly. I am sure things will retun to normal service before long. This really is one of the friendliest forums I have ever seen and has a strong sense of community.

thats exactly how i feel. CAG has become a life line to me, its not just the problem solving, its knowing that we are all in this together. you join CAG dreading the postman coming, and end up feeling strong and fully prepared for what may be thrown at you next. i have learned so much, and i am so grateful for all the support and advice i have received, and if i can pass even a small portion of that on to somebody else, i will be a very happy lady.

Hi lolly. Buller has just forwarded your emal to me but the file type is not recognised for some reason. Can you try saving the scans to another file type or word document? If you can see them on screen can you copy and paste them and put them directly on to a post on here?

What is the file type Freaky?

Nemo me impune lacessit