Trustguard security Parking Charge up to £205 now!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5862 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I notice a few people are having the same problem.. sending a cheque + appeal to trustguard and then receiving no news for months... assuming the matter to be closed only to be hit with a £205 penalty.

I had the following problem.

1) On the 4th April 2007 my fiancée Angharad B and I parked in the allocated parking space of my fiancée’s brothers flat in Cardiff. His name is Evan B and he lives there with his partner. I was given his permission to use his parking space and permit for the duration of my visit. Should you need to confirm this with him.

2) Whilst LEGALLY parked in the space, the permit I displayed fell out of view. As a result, I received a penalty. I duly sent off my appeal recorded delivery including the £80 cheque requested in order for my appeal to be considered.

3) I waited the 28 days stated in the penalty for a reply and received nothing.

4) I waited a further 28 days for a reply.

5) I waited a further 28 days for a reply.

6) After 4 months had passed and I received no reply from yourselves and I obviously assumed the matter had been closed and disposed of any paperwork I had kept with regards to the matter.

7) 4 MONTHS and 2 weeks after the penalty was received, my mother (as the registered driver of the car) was contacted by Commercial Collection Services LTD and asked to pay a fine of £205. As previously mentioned, I have personally contacted Commercial Collection Services by telephone and explained my situation to them. They told me I needed to write to you about it.

They never responded or cashed the cheque. I assumed the matter to be closed. And obvioously the £205 fine came 4 months later.

I have told them that I will not be paying this. I am now waiting to see what they decide to do.

I hope it doesn't go to court but fully intend to fight it if it does.

Would any other members suffering from the same lack of service in this "con" be willing to act as a witness... (just to make the judge aware that this is not an isolated incedent and that it may be ploy on their part no to allow inocent parties a way out of a penalty.)

Thanks

Barri

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know the place, I got my fine last week, needless to say am fuming especially as it was my dad that got it as the registered keeper...and I just heard a few others living Cardiff Bay new builds have had their cars targeted by trustguard, not sure of their outcome i.e. whether they cashed the £80 or waited and sent them a new bill for £205.

they seemed to have ignored most peoples appeals judging by the posts on the thread...

I contacted the recruitment number on the website and asked to be contacted.

Contacted by a lady and I asked her to have the appeals department call me. She agreed to do this and so I waited for a call.

No call came. I called again and politely explained the situation. She advised me to write again to the appeals department.

I have since done this... 28th August 2007, 1st Class Registere post. No reply and having tracked the item it has not been delivered.

I am of course documenting all this as my mother has now received ANOTHER letter!! Despite having told Commercial Collection Services that she was not the driver!!

Cowboys.... bunch of cowboys.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I have not been on here for a while, but here is my update!

i also live in Cardiff and am having issues with parking fines. i will explain again in short. I had 6 tickets in one week for parking in my designated bay. The tickets stated that "permit out of date" i have since appealed and sent proof from the managers of the complex that they do not issue permits with dates. (i haven't changed my permit but i have received no more tickets?!)

I sent it recorded delivery with a SAE and asked them to contact me within 14 days to confirm my appeal or otherwise.

I also asked them to send me something in writing in relation to their complaints procedures.

I heard nothing back- until last week when i was sent a letter from the collection agency asking for the money by the 26th of Septemeber or they are preparing documents for court.

I am not paying.

so i will have to wait and see now! and i am willing to attend court with anybody from cardiff in a similar situation if the favour can be returned!!

oh yeah- i also wrote to the DVLA as they are starting an accreditation scheme in October in relation to giving out car registration details to private car parking companies. There will be guidlines for these companies to comply with before DVLA will issue details. i.e being members of BA. (although i know trustguard are members- it doesnt say much for the BA does it?) It may be worth everyone else sending similar letters/e-mails to DVLA so that they are aware about the problems with Trustguard. The more pressure from people like us the better!

Hi All

I believe that if you have recieved a fixed penalty charge notice and are being chased by the firm then DO NOT PAY. My suggestion is to seek legal advice and ask about recovery of fixed penalty tickets. My understanding is that only authorised bodies I.E. Police or Traffic Wardens working for local authorities can request payment.

In my case the pink ticket issued states in black letters fixed penalty notice, however the demand from CCScollect only refers to them as penalty tickets which is allowed.

Good luck to you all and don't give in

Minti

• 4 weeks later...

Trustguard/Cardiff - bad news we all need to get together. My daughter has a similar experience. Parking in her own space 2x £80 demands - increased to 2x £205 demands. Requests to use abit of common sense ignored.Each of us to write to The Western Mail:Cardiff City Council;BBCWales X Ray program;MP and anyone who can help.We can't let these cowboys get away with this apparently legal extortion. I'm ready to take it to court.

I have just this secod got off the phone with a very nice chap from the X-Ray program.. I urge you all to go to the site and send your own details and story so we can try and nail these people to the wall.

Trust guard are claiming to have not received my 2 appeals and I am now sending a 3rd. I have asked them to forward me a copy of the penalty that I was given, the original being sent back with the original appeal (as requested).

X-ray can be contacted on [email protected] and said they would look into the matter. Obviously the more they receive on Trusguard the more likely they are to investigate it.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all,

its been months now and im still receiving letters. Commercial

Collection services have changed the headed paper to make it appear that it is from a solicitors although there is no proof of this. They also want £205 plus costs now!! of £161.

I will be contacting Citizens advice Beareau this week. i will also write to x-ray!!

good luck all!!

Trevor00 - Trustguard & CCS just happen to have the same postal address - what a coincidence - I wouldn't be surprised if the 'solicitor' has the same address as well!!X Ray is very good in responding - I would reccommend that you email them at [email protected] . I have also been in contact with one of the AMs for South Wales Central - Chris Franks who covers the Cardiff area. I've not heard anything from CCS since 12th October and since I have been in contact with X Ray. I've also tried Cardiff City Council and the DVLA having similar responses 'sorry not us guv - try this other organisation' I'm waiting for the next move, then I'm going to involve the Trading Standards people.We all need to stick together on this one.

i dont think they would have a leg to stand on in court, especially under the circumstances they have been issuing tickets, not replying to appeals etc.

it would be nice to turn around and tell CCS/trustguard and 'solicitors' (all under same address) that we are all going to take them to court for harrassment!

Just found some interesting info on Trustguard Security.

looked them up on companies house. it appears that their accounts are overdue and the status of the company is - proposal to strike off. I think this means that they may be closing soon. i expect they are trying to cash in with all these requests for money.

see below link.

http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk/f33355882289787415b3fcf0b6585172/compdetails

could be good news? :???:

Just found some interesting info on Trustguard Security.

looked them up on companies house. it appears that their accounts are overdue and the status of the company is - proposal to strike off. I think this means that they may be closing soon. i expect they are trying to cash in with all these requests for money.

could be good news? :???:

One thing to bear in mind is that the actual time to strike off can be quite long as Companies House has to allow time for objections to the proposals . These objections usually come in from creditors, most often, those stalwart guardians of our private data, HM Revenue and Customs. They usually object as they want to try and claim any corporation tax and VAT that may be owing.

Of course if the directors haven't filed accounts and paid the Revenue but have charged VAT they could be done for fraud among other things and also be barred from serving as Company Directors. Given that this Company has been in existence since 2006 and have filed no accounts I would say they look extremely dodgy.

What I would say to anyone who has sent a payment for the £80 and then received a demand for more money. Keep the Cheque stub and any statements and any proof of posting,delivery. I sincerely doubt this firm will take you to court but if they do then I think you will find that if you can prove that took reasonable steps to make payment - show the judge your cheque book stub and your statement - the judge will give a decision in your favour. If the Company choose not to cash the cheque that is their lookout not yours.

For future reference if you are paying anything like this by cheque it is worth your while sending it by recorded delivery or registered post. This gives you a paper trail that will stand up in court should the need arrive. (I've used this successfully against HMR&C over a tax return submission and payment).

It might be worth contacting your local Trading Standards Office and also the Office of Fair Trading - I think they would very interested to hear about the tactics this outfit are using.

I would also read the stickies at the top of this forum regarding dealing the charges and consider if you have actually entered into a contract.

In your case Trevor you have a valid permit and have clearly not breached your contract i.e. your permit has not expired and you have confirmed this verbally with your landlord. I would write to your landlord and ask him to confirm in writing that this is the case.

If this firm does take you to court, and I'm willing to bet they won't, a letter from your landlord will scupper their case against you completely. If anything you have a case against the company for harassment and you should probably send them a cease and desist letter.

With a bit of luck Trustguard will be dissolved by Companies House in a few months and all this will go away.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• 5 months later...

i to have been sent a letter saying i owe them 205 poundsplus 156 for the legal fees. i did not recieve a ticket on my car to start with! they are threatening legal action as i was parked in my bay and the bay next door who gave me permission as id just

moved in and had to unload all my furniture didnt want to be bashing the car next to mine. i refused to pay it before but now thier solicitor has contacted me and im worried any advise?

becwesson,

You just need to stand your ground, you've done nothing wrong. I really don't see where they got those escalating fees from. I'm sure that the "ticket" from Trustguard did not start off at £205. The legal fees of £156 would only be payable after successful court action, not before. They are simply trying to bully you into submission.

Can you scan the letter and anything you sent to them [minus personal details]. I can certainly help you to draft a response.

the name is charles howard and partners, which funnily enough has the same adress as trustguard and thier debt collectors ccs collect. worstly i have binned the documents they sent me as it had been 2 months since any response. they have in teh past sent me a picture of my car parked in my bay and slightly over into next doors. ive only had one letter before that implying it was a final reminder (yet the first id hurt off at all) for a parking offense. has anyone on here been taken to court by them yet as the previous posts imply there tickets where issued alot before mine. i also live in aprillia house if there are alot of cases here we could arrange a local meetin to discuss the probelms we are having

Charles Howard & Partners is just a trading name of CCS [it usually says this on the small print at the bottom of the letter]. I think they use the name to make it sound like a firm of solicitors. They aren't - just your normal common or garden debt collectors. Remember that debt collectors are completely powerless until such time as they get a court order - two chances of this: slim chance & no chance [slim has just run out of town!]

ok thank you.

the letter is headed pre legal notification and reads,

"your account has been passed to us by our associate company ccs. We believe every oppertunity has been given to you by both trust guard security and ccs ltd to repay this outstanding debt ( debt : 205 costs:167) to prevent further action please call us to repay the outstanding debt.failure to make contact with us or immediate payment may result in the enforcement action via the county court.

may i take this oppertunity of advising you of teh consequences of legal action

1. court and solictors costs would substantially increase the size of your debt.

2. credit reference bureaux may be advised to register your debt

3. credit may be difficult or umpossible for you to obtain in the future."

should i at leaast contact them to inform them that i do not intent to pay? or ignore them?

Lie nr 1: CCS is not an associate company - IT IS THE SAME COMPANY!

For the sake of a stamp, I'd write to them along the lines of:

Dear Sirs,

Re: Your letter dated [dd/mmmm/yyyy] Reference[#]

I refer to previous correspondence.

At this juncture there is nothing further that I can add to my letter of dd mmmm yyyy (copy enclosed).

I note that you have increased the amount of the alleged debt. Given that you have failed to substantiate and support your claim that I am indebted to you; this is unreasonable, inappropriate and, quite probably, unlawful. In addition to my previous denials I absolutely deny any liability to you for this additional sum.

I will welcome the opportunity to defend your allegation in court and am confident of success. Of course you will be required to produce the evidence that I have requested and you have failed to provide. You will also have to answer to the court why you failed to do so.

Yours faithfully