Who's fault is it?

Jimmy01
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6121 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I just recently purchased an LCD display and have found issues with it due to the manufacturers fault and contacted the store that i purchase it from within one week and kept getting told to contact the manager on every occasion, and now the 28 days has passed for an exchange or refund which is done to their incompetence not mine.

Am i legally bond by this: "We will exchange or refund your purchase either before or up to 28 days" :evil: Does my consumer rights not come into play, to cover me if i do not won't it fixed and ask for a refund or exchange, can they do this?

Am i legally bond by this: "We will exchange or refund your purchase either before or up to 28 days"

No, it's totally meaningless, they cannot evade their responsibilities under the sale of goods act.

Post by me are intended as a discussion of the issues involved, as these are of general interest to me and others on the forum. Although it is hoped such discussion will be of use to readers, before exposing yourself to risk of loss you should not rely on any principles discussed without confirming the situation with a qualified person.

I certainly wouldn't accept a repair of any product bought within such a short space of time ! Go into the store and ask for the Manager... not a salesperson. A standard manufacturer's warranty is for one year. If it's faulty, demand a replacement. Don't wait for them to prove anything.... and don't try and sort it over the 'phone.... it will get you nowhere.

Let us know how you get on..... :)

The Sale of Goods Act 1979 (as amended) says you can ask for a repair 'or' replacement first of all. If the repair or replacement fails you can then ask for a refund.

Your contract is with the store you purchased it from.

The burden of proof is with the store to prove the goods are not faulty or the fault was caused by you.

The 28 day thing is only their own company policy and it's meaningless your legal rights last for 6 years from receiving the goods.