Dealing with debt leaflet, from the British Bankers Association.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6141 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Dealing with debt leaflet, from the British Bankers Association.

I was sent this with a letter some time ago and just come across it again now so thought would scan and post for the newer members around here!

DWD1.jpg

DWD2.jpg

HSBC sends something similar with every letter advising they bounced a cheque or returned a DD

They call their little booklet "Putting your finances in order". 21 pages of good advice from a leading bank. It starts with the "common sense approach" on page 2

:D

A highly informative and worthwhile booklet :rolleyes:

Anyone who has been in financial difficulties will realise that the banks are there to help...themselves.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

As indeed they do, Rory. Ahem, £150 "arrangement fees" this month Van because (I assume) I guaranteed a couple of cheques.

Straight out of my state benefits.

Also a three page computer generated letter written virtually verbatim from the "code".

I phoned one of their sources of advice and was told 'open a parachute account and sue them for their penalty charges'

That didn't need a nanny booklet.

Vandermerwe

I am in dire straits again because of these bl**dy charges , too. Have been charged so far in excess of £200.- in a few months (usual snowball effect everybody knows), I am on a very tight budget and once they grab their charges I am left with not enough to pay oustanding things like childcare, they have last week now bounced my cheque to my childminder, the mortgage and a DD, that's £75.- in charges plus £25.- for going overdrawn, there is another £100.- I have to find in addition to pay the arrears. It is just impossible

Luckily HSBC sends a letter telling you the total amount in charges you managed to rack up and when they will take it

Just before that date I will now remove all the money left in the account, move it to the parachute a/c and some onto my cashplus card , let them charge the charges, make the account o/d, let them sue me and I will then counterclaim. Saves me the court costs

I am so annoyed:mad: