style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6096 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok guys, get your noggins around this,

I have 'let' my house out for 2 years via a local estate agents.

The tenant had become a problem, I serviced notice and he moved out on time. Having not paid his rent for over two months, I allowed for this and any possible damage with the return of the bond. However, the agents have turned around and said that they had "used" the bond. When quizzed further, a previous employee of theirs had used the bond to pay me my rent when the tenant had not paid them.

Also, I believe it to be the case that they never carried out any inspections on the property. As a result I have sustained some damages.

I am livid, I have written to them and spoken to them all in vain. I am approx £1000 our of pocket, not mentioning the stress and hard work in getting it fit again to sell

What is my best course of action?

Ian

I have gone back through my paperwork but I can only find an agreement between myself and my tenant. I dont ever recall seeing an agreement between myself and my agent. Should I have one?

Ian

A written agreement is not essential. In the absence of one you have to rely on the general law.

Is the agent a member of a professional association? If so, obtain a copy of the association's guide and see if the agent has breached it. See here for example: http://digitalnation.fileburst.com/arla/arla_code_of_practice.pdf

Ot would appear that my agents are not a part of any governing body. There are no logos on their paperwork other than their own, I'm guessing that I should have done my homework first.