Please Please Help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6116 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

To cut a long story short i have applied to all my creditors for a cca and included the £1.00 fee no of them have sent back a copy, but the main one that we have been having dificulties with is 1st credit who brought our debt from abbey national they wrote to us saying they didnt have a cca but to pay up so we wrote back saying we wouldnt pay untill the cca was provided, this morning i got a letter from connaught saying they had been passed our account and that they are issuing a bankrupsy order i dont know what to do

To cut a long story short i have applied to all my creditors for a cca and included the £1.00 fee no of them have sent back a copy, but the main one that we have been having dificulties with is 1st credit who brought our debt from abbey national they wrote to us saying they didnt have a cca but to pay up so we wrote back saying we wouldnt pay untill the cca was provided, this morning i got a letter from connaught saying they had been passed our account and that they are issuing a bankrupsy order i dont know what to do

Hi Jenny,

What types of debts are these and also how far down the line are you on them? Did you send all the CCA letter recorded del? If so and you copied the template you have stated that the accounts are in dispute. Explain this in a letter (recorded) to Connaught to say the same. They will struggle to get a judge to listen if accounts are in dispute.

More knowledgable people will be along soon no doubt, but hopefully that is a start for you.

Penfold

the debt are all unsecured loans, i rang connaughts today but they said unless we pay th £2800 within the next 3 working days then they will proceed to make us bankrupt and that judges are now enforcing debts without cca

Sorry is the total debt £2800? If so they are talking rubbish as to bankrupt you for that is not worth it! Bankruptcy, from what I know is not a quick process either! Sorry are Connaughts solicitors or debt collectors? If Debt collectors send them the same CCA letter including £1 and recorded del. If they are sols then send them the letter you sent their clients and a copy of the recorded slip to show it was served. Then sit back and wait until they respond or send you the documents.

Penfold

no we owe about 55000 in total i know its a hell of a lot but we got into trouble at a young age but owe that company 2800 they say they are a collection company but found out they are a branch of 1st credit. we cant go bankrupt as my hubby is armed forces so he would be kicked out, dont know how much longer i can cope with all this though i dont know which way to turn

no we owe about 55000 in total i know its a hell of a lot but we got into trouble at a young age but owe that company 2800 they say they are a collection company but found out they are a branch of 1st credit. we cant go bankrupt as my hubby is armed forces so he would be kicked out, dont know how much longer i can cope with all this though i dont know which way to turn

Please break down the debts and do you own your own home? Also read http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/56970-insolvency-dealing-debt.html

Penfold

the highest debt is for 22000 with hsbc for a managed loan that i was forced into taking the rest are between £2000 and £3500 and no we do not own a house we rent

Then bankrupting you would be pretty much pointless...They are probably (IMHO) trying it on. Got to go, but others will be around. Read this too: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/108467-basic-introduction-consumer-credit.html

You will be fine do not talk on phone and if anyone calls tell them to put in writting...

Penfold

Hey Jenny.

a) are you in mortgaged or rented accomodation?

b) please CCA connaught now

c) you will be able to defend any action on the grounds of no agreement, if you have a valid defence they can't do much about it.

Hi Jenny

Please do not worry - this is a scare tactic the costs involved to a company to make someone bankrupt are high and therefore the risks involved are equally as high they have to have some solid evidence i.e that you have loads of equity in your property, assets etc before they would contemplate it - IMHO the only people who do this are the revenue and that is because of who they are governed by - I am in a similar situation and have been for a number of years I have been party to every tactic they want to throw at be but I have stayed strong, stood my ground and if unsure logged on here for support and guidance and I can honestly say I now look forward to the post rather than dread it.

You will be fine good luck and keep us posted :)