Halifax Loan PPI

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5710 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ha Tuppance:) That should be my user name.

Thanks for the support.:) :)

I am going to post the first letter on monday cos I've just finished work so didn't catch the post office this morning.

I expect it will probably drag on for months but I am prepared for a fight.

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all:)

I have finally given myself a swift kick up the backside and forced myself to deal with this claim!!!

I have at last posted the prelim recorded delivery on Monday and it was delivered on Wednesday so lets see what their reply will be, as if I can't guess already:rolleyes:

Let the battle commence!!!

Hi Tilly and Thanks:)

I was just trying to find this thread in the PPI section and couldnt find it until I looked here and here it was. I was sure I started it in the PPI forum, Oh well it was a long time ago. Trying to deal with too many things at once thats what it is:-D

My brain can't handle it:???: .

Here is a reply that I received from the Halifax this morning:

Dear Mr & Mrs xxxxxxxx

Thank you for your letter on 28th April 2008.

I am sorry to hear of your concerns regarding the insurance applied to your loan.

We're keen to deal with your concerns as quickly as possible. A Customer Relations Manager will investigate the points you have raised and you will receive a reply shortly, but certainly no later than 4 weeks.

I guess this is just a standard letter before I receive the "bog off you're not getting a penny" letter!!!

• 1 month later...

I'm sick of waiting around for these people to make a decision, they are probably just stalling for time.

I received another letter dated the 29th May saying:

Further to our letter of 1st May 2008. I'm sorry that you have not yet had a full response to your concerns.

We're still investigating your complaint, and you will receive a responce from us as soon as possible, but certainly no latter than 27th June 2008.

Is it a case of no news is good news? How long do they need?

I think I will send an LBA to try and spur them on a bit, do I just amend the LBA for the bank charge claims to suit my PPI claim:confused:

Penny:)

• 3 weeks later...

I have received yet another letter dated 26th June saying details of my complaint has been referred to Customer Relations for a review with their internal complaints procedure. It says they are investigating the issues I have raised and will write to me again when they are in a position to provide me with a full response.

I think they have had far more than enough time, its been 2 months now and they were only supposed to be getting 2 weeks, its time for an LBA I think.

• 2 weeks later...

By my reckoning the Halifax have had nearly 11 weeks since they received my prelim and still I am waiting. Would it be worth complaining to the FOS? They keep saying they are still looking in to it but how long does it take?? I keep telling myself at least they havent said no and maybe no news is good news but this is getting rediculous.

By my reckoning the Halifax have had nearly 11 weeks since they received my prelim and still I am waiting. Would it be worth complaining to the FOS? They keep saying they are still looking in to it but how long does it take?? I keep telling myself at least they havent said no and maybe no news is good news but this is getting rediculous.

Hi. Having successfully reclaimed PPI from HBOS, I might be able to provide a little help. In order to take your complaint to the FOS, they will expect you have to have a final response from the seller as to whether they are upholding your complaint. It is likely that HBOS will decline your request, so don't be too amazed if that happens. You should expect to see a decision from them within 40 days from the date of your initial complaint. I would send a further letter to them insisting they have 7 days to respond, highlighting the delay you have suffered. It may also be worth ringing the FOS to see what they say. You don't deserved to be messed around by what are essentially stalling tactics! :mad:

Hi Unhappy Halifax, thanks for your reply.

The reason I was going to complain to the FOS was in their leaflet it says I can complain if it has taken over 8 weeks to reach a decision and it has now been 11. I think I will send a letter as you suggested and see if that nudges them along a bit otherwise this could go on forever:x

Hi Unhappy Halifax, thanks for your reply.

The reason I was going to complain to the FOS was in their leaflet it says I can complain if it has taken over 8 weeks to reach a decision and it has now been 11. I think I will send a letter as you suggested and see if that nudges them along a bit otherwise this could go on forever:x

Hiya. I'd make sure to give them a timescale in which they must respond by. Don't let them set the agenda. Send by recorded delivery in the event that you need to rely on this at a later date. :-)

Hiya. I'd make sure to give them a timescale in which they must respond by. Don't let them set the agenda. Send by recorded delivery in the event that you need to rely on this at a later date. :-)

I am about to compose a letter to send to the Halifax as you suggested giving them a timescale to respond by as they still haven't replied:eek: Do I just adapt an LBA letter or is there a specific letter I could send? I think they are just going to ignore me thinking I will go away. No chance!!!!

I am about to compose a letter to send to the Halifax as you suggested giving them a timescale to respond by as they still haven't replied:eek: Do I just adapt an LBA letter or is there a specific letter I could send? I think they are just going to ignore me thinking I will go away. No chance!!!!

Do you have proof of delivery for the letters already sent? HBOS could simply argue they haven't received your letters. Send a letter attaching copies of your prior correspondence and give them 7 days to respond. I would be tempted to add that you will refer this to the FOS if a reply is not forthcoming.

At this point in your reclaim, you need to get a final response from them on whether they will refund your PPI. It is highly likely they will decline your request, so don't be disheartened if that happens. Let us know how it goes.

I have only sent the SAR and prelim letter asking for repayment of PPI payments so far, both were sent recorded delivery and signed for. They have replied to my prelim three times and said they were looking in to it, they seem to send a letter every four weeks saying sorry for the delay but they are still investigating my complaint:evil: How long does it take???

Have you any idea what I should put in the letter, I have been trying to write one since yesterday but I am not very good at it:oops:

Thanks

I have only sent the S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) and prelim letter asking for repayment of PPI payments so far, both were sent recorded delivery and signed for. They have replied to my prelim three times and said they were looking in to it, they seem to send a letter every four weeks saying sorry for the delay but they are still investigating my complaint:evil: How long does it take???

Have you any idea what I should put in the letter, I have been trying to write one since yesterday but I am not very good at it:oops:

Thanks

Okay. HBOS are obviously dragging their heels. You are supposed to be sent a response to your complaint (not just an acknowledgment) within 40 days. Give the FOS a call asap to explain your cicrumstances and see how they recommend you take your complaint forwards. You are getting the same standard letters every month whilst your complaint clearly isn't being investigated. :x

If they recommend you send another letter then come back and we'll take it from there. The FOS should be pretty helpful about this ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I have finally received a response to my claim from the Halifax.

They went on and on about how they are right and they have no reason to believe that I was not provided with the relevant information at the point of sale to enable me to make an informed choice about the policy.

Then they go on to say:

However, as a valued customer we are prepared to put you back in the position you would have been in had you not taken the insurance. This is done without addmision of liability and in full and final settlement of your complaint about PPI on your loan.

I will contact you again shortly to confirm the exact details of the redress which is due to you.

That letter was dated 30/7/08 and I havent had a letter since but it sounds like they will send me an offer, hopefully it will be for the full amount plus interest but I will just have to wait and see.

I will reply with any news when I get the next letter.

I have finally received a response to my claim from the Halifax.

They went on and on about how they are right and they have no reason to believe that I was not provided with the relevant information at the point of sale to enable me to make an informed choice about the policy.

Then they go on to say:

However, as a valued customer we are prepared to put you back in the position you would have been in had you not taken the insurance. This is done without addmision of liability and in full and final settlement of your complaint about PPI on your loan.

I will contact you again shortly to confirm the exact details of the redress which is due to you.

That letter was dated 30/7/08 and I havent had a letter since but it sounds like they will send me an offer, hopefully it will be for the full amount plus interest but I will just have to wait and see.

I will reply with any news when I get the next letter.

That's brilliant! I think you'll get what you want now which is the PPI, the interest paid on that and then 8% interest which a court would award. HBOS sent me a letter to confirm the payout and then followed quite promptly with a cheque (I don't have an account with them and paid off my loan years ago). I'm pleasantly surprised you didn't have to go through the FOS and wait months for an answer. Give yourself a big pat on the back :grin:

Pennypenny - well done! Hope the settlement figure they offer is exactly what you've hoped for.

I've got a court date of the 30th Sept with them :eek: over PPI cover and would be delighted to be in your situation :grin: Hope the settlement helps you out.

Bank and credit card reclaims - £9,806

Sainsburys CCA non-compliance with FOS;

Natwest reclaim of £340 in progress;

Egg credit card reclaim in progress

Hi Unhappy Halifax and Bathgatebuyer,

Thanks for your support. I am still waiting for their letter with an offer, hopefully it will be for the full amount I worked out but I shall have to wait and see. There is still an amount outstanding on the loan as I got behind in payments, so this should pay it off with hopefully a little bit extra:)

Good luck with your court case Bathgatebuyer, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you.

I am still waiting for the halifax to get back to me with an offer. It's been 2 weeks since their last letter, how long does it take to work out what they owe me??

Should I send a letter acknowledging their last reply and trying to nudge them on a bit or just wait? They seem to be stalling things.

I am sooo impatient...

Still waiting....

I am very tempted to ring them, although it would be better to send a letter but cant think of what to write.

Could I send a letter thanking them for their reply but reminding them the length of time it is taking to resolve this matter. I sent my prelim in April:eek:

The main problem is I am struggling to keep up the payments and they owe me more than I owe them.

Give them a recorded delivery prompt over the next few days - I imagine they are starting to get swamped by all of us. Well, that and sitting in the office sitting singing 'Sailing' all day which is what they appear to do on the adverts.

I was told today that the Courts couldn't even get beyond an answering phone today when trying to reach them in relation to my claim! Says it all really. They certainly do like to give extra; extra hassle, extra headaches, extra-poor customer service................

Bank and credit card reclaims - £9,806

Sainsburys CCA non-compliance with FOS;

Natwest reclaim of £340 in progress;

Egg credit card reclaim in progress

I imagine they are starting to get swamped by all of us. Well, that and sitting in the office sitting singing 'Sailing' all day which is what they appear to do on the adverts.

:)LOL

I am going to send them a quick reminder, how does this sound:

Thank you for your letter dated 30th July 2008 in which you stated you would contact me shortly with details of the redress which is due to me.

To date, I have not received a further response from you with regards to this matter so I am writing again to request a full refund of the premiums and subsequent interest I have paid on these premiums. If I have not heard from you within 14 days I shall be taking my complaint to the Financial Ombudsman.

I dont want to sound too pushy cos they have already said they will give me a refund but it is taking sooo long:evil: