Supanet Broadband...cancelled contract, my rights?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5750 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm haveing a bit of a problem with an apparent contract and am hoping someone can help me.

I currently subscribe to Supanet.com for my broadband but have recently started working for a telecommunications company where I am eligible for greatly reduced staff rates, which I signed up to straight away assuming there would be no problems.

I contacted Supanet today (13/08/07) and told them that I would like to give them notice that I want to cancel their service (I assumed that 1 months notice would be as standard and was happy to pay), I was told however that the cancellation of the service would take effect from 27/09/07 and that I would be billed for the full term of the contract (which apparently runs until 04/11/07).

I do not recall signing a contract as I signed up for their service in 2004, the only other communication I received from them was a loyalty offer whereby they upgraded my service free of charge, I signed to say 'yes I would accept their offer', and I believe that it is this they referred to in my cancellation phonecall, yet I do not remember there being a mention of contract terms on this corespondance.

It seems unfair that I have been tricked into signing something and secondly that I will need to pay for the remainder of the supposed contract even though service will be discontinued from 27/09/07.

I requested a copy of the signed contract from them, both on the phone and confirmed by email, but I would appreciate it if you could let me know what my rights/options are in this situation.

I'm trying to economise to get out of debt but am now going to be paying an extra £10 on top of the normal £22.96 I already pay each month

Thanks for any help/advice

JP

:(

• 11 months later...

oh dear i have the same problem with them ,i cancelled dial up and they told me i would be charged untill march next year .they said i verbally agreed in a telephone call with them ..i do not recall it they rang me to ask how the service was a few months ago ..i said it was fine so they said well for being a loyal customer we will give you 2 mths half price may and june it didnt happen ,so i rang them they said they had no record of the call ,now they said ive had the half price 2 mths but my bank statment says different ,is a verbal agreement binding ,i know i didnt make one.

Hi,

I don't know what to say... there are good companies and bad ones, up until leaving I was happy enough with their service; but would class supanet as a bad cumpany/ISP as they seem to be very underhand with their sales/marketing.

In the end they had their money off me, I didn't think it was worth the hassle of arguing for a couple of months, but if you're locked in till March it may be worth asking them to provide a signed copy of the contract or a recording of you agreeing to extend your service... if they can't provide this then I'm sure you don't have to stay or pay.

JP

Ask them why you are tied in until march - when they say 2 months half price, tell them that they are incorrect - they didn't keep to any half-price agreement - so they should cancel immediately! If not, ask them to prove it - can you look at your old bills online?

well hats off to supanet :Dthey cancelled said i had £11.99 outstanding which hasbeen took out of my bank account..i have looked online at my bank account and cant prove that they did nt give me two mths at half price so while they cancelled they still have bad customer service :rolleyes:thanks for you help :D