Private Reg Plate in retention

KK14
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6105 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey There

Last October I bought myself a brand new car and had to put my private reg plate into retention, however I have tried to contact DVLA to find out how I take it out of retention in October this year and put my private plate onto my new car.

A female told me she would not discuss it over the telephone and that I would have to put it in writing however, I was just wanting some advice and information about it that way come October I could fill in the correct form or whatever it is I have to do to take the plate out of retention.

Try here DVLA site faq

You take the V750 ? (plate retention certificate) and vehicle docs. (LOG book, MOT) Along to the local DVLA office with the transfer fee £80 (may be more now) They do the paperwork issue new log book and MOT certificate with the new reg number. (Can be posted but takes longer).

Pop into Halfords, Motor Factors or similar. Have new plate made.

Telephone insurance company with new reg number.

Fit plate.

If you're getting a new car in October ask at the dealers, they'll can probably sort it out

He didn't come looking for trouble, but trouble came looking for him.

When the smoke clears, it just means he's reloading.

Try here DVLA site faq

You take the V750 ? (plate retention certificate) and vehicle docs. (LOG book, MOT) Along to the local DVLA office with the transfer fee £80 (may be more now) They do the paperwork issue new log book and MOT certificate with the new reg number. (Can be posted but takes longer).

Pop into Halfords, Motor Factors or similar. Have new plate made.

Telephone insurance company with new reg number.

Fit plate.

The instruction should be on the back of the retention certificate (V.750).

The transfer should already have been paid as part of the retention fee.

LVLOs will not do same day transactions any more. You can either collect following notification or have it posted out to you (the V5 will come later from Swansea either way)

You can go to a Halfords once you have the V948 - Number Plate Authorisation Certificate. You will also need proof of ID and address. You do not need to give them telephone number, make of car, mileage etc.

When you tell your insurance company be prepared to pay the 'admin charge'

It should say about half way down on the left on the green form (v750) assigment fee paid, all you need then is you reg doc and MOT and make sure it's all signed . it can be assigned in minutes, you get a new disc, go and get your plates made up. In 4-6 weeks you get your new V5c but actually at the moment it's much quicker and you may get it back within 7 working days