HP online Store

yellowplum
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6104 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This is more of a b*tch (you can tell I’m cheesed off)

I saw this wonderful new HP notebook, and since it was quite nice and the fact that I managed to get a discount coupon that gave free delivery and 10% off I thought I would order the item from HP.com

I created my account yesterday, pondered over its purchase until today and attempted to order the item.

To my surprise I was unable to order the item. WHY? You may ask, well because HP's 'security' system did not like my card.

I telephoned the call centre and spoke to 4 different people before one of them suggested I change the telephone number I placed as mine before ordering again.

Well what a surprise the order failed again.

I called again, and this time I was told that I would have to wait 24hours before the order could be attempted again, but they may decline the order again because I do not pass the security (i.e. (words from HP) your postcode doesn't match the card etc etc usual))

Before anyone says anything YES IT DID and DOES!

The conversation continued with the rep...

(me) 24hours? What for?

(him) erm so it can reset

(me) what does it have to reset?

(him) your card

(me) you have not attempted to authorise my card, I have telephoned AMEX and there are no authorisations on my card today!

(him) well I don't know then, but you can try again in 24 hours

Great customer service!

Called the customer services number to complain, the response was of a muted tone and attitude of 'what do you want me to do about it'

He said he would look into it and come back to me.

A voicemail was left from someone else in the contact centre on my phone saying.

'I am not sure why I am supposed to contact you regarding your order, you can't place it for another 24hours, and then you may not be able to place it as it may fail our checks'

I have never had such an appalling experience with a company, let alone HP!

I am never buying anything from them again...

Back to Dell, Fujitsu, Acer, and everyone else!

I wanted to buy a refurb iPaq, which was about £100 less than a new retail version. Order placed, and then nothing. Phoned to see what was going on, and told that they had cancelled the order because their 'payment processing department' couldn't verify my phone number.

Apparently they would only sell to me if they could match my phone number with my name in the phone book. All of this, they explained very seriously, is part of HP's efforts in the war on terror. So, I told that I could understand that, and the reason why I'm very ex-directory is because of who I work for and where I work. All to no avail, however, as HP went into US corporate moron mode.

I have not bought anything HP since, and nor will I.

Well I wasn't told that, how interesting...

Seems I will be sticking with Dell then, won't bother to try again today.

It's amazing that you can order from Amazon.co.uk/.com without even entering your CVV2 number or any of the new paraphernalia brought out by Visa/MC with verified by Visa, and whatever MC's called theirs, and you still get what you ordered!

With HP it's hell!

• 3 weeks later...