Adams V Hsbc

joload
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6508 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

So no reply to my prelim letter - can someone look at this LBA for me as I have combined the 2 accounts to see if it sounds ok - also where do I send this one is it to Leeds again?

LETTER BEFORE ACTION

Dear Sir/Madam,

ACCOUNT NUMBER: xxxxxx and xxxxxx

I am very disappointed that you have failed to respond satisfactorily to my letter of the 20th June 2006.

I now understand that the regime of 'fees' which you have been applying to my account in relation to direct debit refusals, exceeding overdraft limits and so forth are unlawful at Common Law, Statute and recent Consumer regulations.

I would draw your attention to the terms of the contract which you agreed to at the time that I opened my account. It is an implied term of that contract that you would conduct yourselves lawfully and in a manner which complies with UK law.

I am frankly shocked that you have operated my account in this way as I had always reposed confidence in your integrity and expertise as my fiduciary.

I calculate that you have taken from account number xxxx is £xxx, and from account number xxx £xxx plus £xxx you have charged me in overdraft interest for the sum which you have taken. Total £xxxxx. I am enclosing a copy of the schedule of the charges which I am claiming which I have already sent you a copy of this in my original letter of the 20 June 2006.

I require repayment in full of this money. If you do not comply fully within 14 days then I shall begin a claim against you for the full amount plus interest plus my costs and without further notice.

couple of things, when you refer to an account it should be accounts as its more than one account, also

"I calculate that you have taken from account number xxxx is (remove, "is" )£xxx, and from account number xxx £xxx plus £xxx (which) you have charged me in overdraft interest for the sum which you have taken. Total £xxxxx. I am enclosing a copy of the schedule of the charges which I am claiming which I have already sent you a copy of this in my original letter of the 20 June 2006."

• Confused 1

HSBC- £4995, settled payment in full

if you found this post helpful, please click the scales (top right of post), ta ;)

if you're not sure what to do?, Read the FAQ's

Unsure about what to claim, or confused about overdraft interest? Charges explanation

I have had a reply to my sole account this morning offering £650 when I am claiming £746.50. I have not had anything back from my joint account. What shall I do what to hear about the joint account and see if they offer anything?

It was such a buzz getting this letter - no mention of closing the account either. Thanks guys xx

• 2 weeks later...

can someone give me some advice onthis letter - I basically want to accept their offer on the sole and then say but what about the charges on the joint account ???? Or do you think I should not accept this offer....... Any help or ideas appreciated

Thank you for your letter dated 7th July 2006, and thank you for your offer of £650.00 relating to the £746.50 bank charges on my sole account xxxxxx. I am willing to accept this offer only in relation to this account and have enclosed the signed document.

I am disappointed that you have neglected to reply to the charges on my joint account xxxxxxx for the charges of £1704.24. A letter was sent to you on 4th July 2006 going you 14 days to reply before I start court proceeding to claim back these charges. I have not yet received a reply. I telephoned this morning and was advised that she could see the letter on the system but could not see that it was being dealt with and it could have got overlooked with the account above. I am willing to extend this by a further 7 days so you may have the opportunity in replying

I require repayment in full of this money. If you do not comply fully within 7 days then I shall begin a claim against you for the full amount plus interest plus my costs and without further notice.

so I got an offer this am of £1340 from a claim of £1489.50 plus £214.74 interest - i think I will accept this as the money will come in handy for holiday in 2 weeks time. Thanks all for your help and I will make a donation as soon as the money hits my account.