Jump to content


Registered Users

Change your profile picture
  • Posts

  • Joined

  • Last visited


1 Neutral
  1. Sweety83


    This topic was closed on 10 March 2019. If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there. If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened. - Consumer Action Group
  2. Thanks for this Mimijane, I did send this letter back twice! as they sent me an offer and then they sent me the same offer with a cheque. Now my claime has been acknowledged and I have received their defence. So lets see where we go from there.
  3. Hi All I stuck to my timetable as you said Livelylad (thanks for the advice.) So I filed my moneyclaim and it stands at issued as of 26th April. However, I got home today and I had a letter from them saying that they would pay me £286 out of the £1060 I am claiming. The letter stated that this refund was based on the difference between £12 and the full charge. (I think other people have received the same letter.) I am not going to accept as the offer is so low. I need to write a letter declining their offer but i'm not sure what to write. Does any one have any suggestions? Any help gratfully received.
  4. Hi All I am new to the A & L forum. I successfully claimed back a little over £2000 from HSBC in May of last year and now I am starting with Alliance and Leicester. I am finding them to be completly different to HSBC with the way they do things. I have sent my Prelim and my LBA, the 14 days since I sent my LBA are up on the 25th April. I did not receive a response to my prelim and the only response to my LBA was a letter I received on Friday stating that they were sorry I had a complaint and they would look into it. Does anyone think I need to reply to this stating that I will still be going ahead with the MCOL or should I just ignore it and go ahead anyway? Any help much appreciated!
  5. Thanks for your advice Maverik I have already got an account open and I have decided to use it anyway so that part isn't a problem. I will read Spiceskulls post as you suggest.
  6. My money was refunded to my account a few days ago which is great. So today I rang HSBC to try and get them to refund the charges applied to my 2 accounts in June and to stop the pending charges in July. I had a 17 minute debate with the man on the other end telling me that the charges were fair and justified. I explained that I had already successfully claimed against HSBC and I have no problem with doing that again. He said that he was sorry but they were unable to refund charges over the phone. So I am going to have to think about where to go now. I know it sounds silly as I have just had my money refunded but I just can't afford the charges coming out in July. My husband has not worked since last November so every penny is vital. What a nightmare!
  7. I posted my letter back to DG solicitors on Friday with the confidentiality agreement crossed out and received a letter this morning saying that my money will be paid into my bank account in the next few days. WOOHOO!!!!
  8. Sweety83

    Nb Vs Hsbc

    Good luck with your claim. HSBC did the same to me they ignored my prelim and then sent me an offer of just over half after I sent my LBA. So just keep going you'll get your money in the end.
  9. Sweety83


    Good luck with your claim. I waited about two weeks before my statements started arriving, which they did over a period of about a week and totalled about 50 separate envelopes. They responded beforehand with the standard letter that most people have received waiving the £10 fee.
  10. Wishing you tons of luck (which you probably won't need) I look forward to reading you progress.
  11. Thats really terrible I feel for you. Keep your chin up. Sweety x
  12. I think I will ring the bank and if they don't refund the charges then I will send a preliminary letter. I am a little worried that by denying them confidentiality and then hassleing them about more charges that they will withdraw there offer. So I am going to wait until the money hits my bank account before ringing them to ask about the charges applied since I filed my moneyclaim.
  13. I have crossed out the confidentiality clause on the letter and I'm going to send the letter back today. I just hope they don't withdraw their offer!!
  14. Good Luck!! Not long to go ibefore you get your money back!
  15. Congratulations on your letter, I got mine today to!! I have said that you will receive your letter soon in my thread but I obviously didn't need to. Well done you!
  • Create New...