OFT Investigation

sozza59
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6132 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have recently sent my prelim letter to claim my husbands charges. This will be the second time we have claimed, last time was settled in full with no problems.

The letter I received back from the bank said that they have acknowledged the complaint but until the proceedings with the OFT are concluded they cannot proceed any further.

I would like to know if I should continue with the claim and send my LBA? If I do continue with the claim will it be settled as before or will we have to wait until the OFT proceedingshave been completed?

Many Thanks

I think that the genral feel of this forum is to carry ion as normal. This means filing your LBA and then filing a court claim. Be aware that with the OFT case looming your claim, this time, will porbably be stayed until the outcome of this case. The reason for pursuing with a court claim now is that if you are claiming charges relating to six years ago, you may lose the first year of your claim due to the statute of limitations. If you file a claim now, I think that you will be able to claim for all of the years within the six years from now rather than when the OFT thing has concluded.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

:D

i think that the general consensus is to continue.

the banks are obviously relieved about the 'hold-on' stance of the OFT!

i don't know if your case will be settled prior to the OFT ruling.

i will bump for a moderator!!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]if my response has been of help to you, please click on my scales. thank you:)