Allied International Credit vs Bemozzie.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6122 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

As ever help and advice needed.

I have an outstanding amount owed on a RBS credit card. I wrote to them using the letters and templates found elsewhere in this site,and gave them an Income/expenditure form etc.

The account has now found its way to AIC.

'Correspondence' started with them back in March. This initially took the form of phone calls which I ignored, then little postcards in the post ( sweet).

I replied to these asking for a copy of the CCA in place basically saying I didnt know them from Adam and could they supply the documentation and then I would gladly correspond with them.

3 postcards and 3 replies later, I recieved a 'Final Demand' letter this morning.

I know I shouldnt have, but I called. Thr very nice man on the phone didnt have a clue what I was talking about , so helpfully passed me onto his supervisor.

Now this chap says AIC dont own the debt RBS do, so they are acting for RBS, and as such they dont have to supply a CCA.

He went on to state that my 'spurious' delaying taktic were quiet common but my ignoring the issue didnt mean that the debt would go away.

Rather than get into an arguement about legalitys, I agreed I would contact RBS to see if they do/did action AIC to act for them.

My question is, if RBS have given AIC the right to act, does the CCA have to come from AIC or does the original agreement with RBS stand?

Who should I infact be talking to?

IF its AIC and they should give me a copy of the CCA , they have gone well over the 30 day limit, and the 'Chap'on the phone ( am I allowed to name names?) refused my request for the agreement, and stated they did not have to supply it.

All help or thoughts gratefully recieved.

Bemozzie.

Abbey Credit Card:DPA sent May 01:Claim letter sent June 30th:

offer of £420 recieved against £412 claim! ( thanks but no thanks)

Sept 12th.settled in full!!!!

Barclaycard: Data Protection Act sent June 30th:

followup letter requesting comp statements sent July 15th:

Letter with revised claim after Microfiche letter (£1415) sent July 20th

Letter before action sent 06/08/06

Claim to County Court ref: Data Protection Act failure sent 20th JUly

Capital 1: Data Protection Act sent June 30th

Mint: DPA sent June 30th:

Claim letter sent 20th July ( £140)

letter before action sent 06/08/06

Now this chap says AIC dont own the debt RBS do, so they are acting for RBS, and as such they dont have to supply a CCA.

Under s175 of THe Consumer Credit Act they have to pass your CCA request onto RBS as they are acting as RBS's agent.

They do not have to supply it but RBS do. The timescales still apply and AIC can not lawfully pursue you for the debt once the default occurs. It is recommended to send the CCA request to the DCA simply to keep them in the loop.

( am I allowed to name names?)

No.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Thanks

So given that the original request for the CCA was sent to AIC at the beginning of June, should I just ignore them? Or would it be in my best interest to contact RBS direct? Or write to AIC and basically say they have blow it?

I'm in a similar situation with AIC. I requested a CCA months ago. They've totally ignored it. The debt is to Black Horse.

While I understand that Black Horse need to supply the CCA it is obviously up to AIC to get it from them (pass on my letter maybe) since AIC are acting as Black Horses agents. Since they haven't done this (or Black Horse have failed to find it) then AIC are acting illegally by continuing to chase me (and telephone harrass me on a daily basis even though I've written to them demanding all communication in writing). I have now got Trading Standards involved. They seem to be building a big file on these t...ts. I suggest you do the same. You can get onto your local Trading Standards through your council. Don't forget - this is nothing to do with what you owe, it's to do with AIC acting illegally in harrassing and demanding money from you. Go on, do it.

Oh, another thing... don't ever speak to AIC on the 'phone - put it down. Don't get on to RBS - their agents are AIC.

• 2 weeks later...

And it goes on.

3 phone calls this week, so harassment letter sent.

Letter recieved this morning.

Notification of Intended Visit.

They are surprised that I have ignored their attempts to communicate with me ( I presume they mean the phone calls.....some of us work.My partner just said I wasnt at home and she wasnt prepared to give my work number)

AIC say they have no knowledge of a valid reason for me to be withholding payment. (despite the fact that they have ignored my requests for the CCA) and one of their agents will be visiting, unless I contact them or make payment by return of post.

Again. Do I ignore them or respond, pointing out that their requests are now illegal (as they have gone over the 30 day period from the request of the CCA)....

Bemozzie

It's your choice. Personally I'd give them enough rope with which to hang themselves, but I'd understand if you've had enough and want them off your back. But then again, they don't seem to listen / understand, so is there any point sending them more harrassment letters, I wonder?

• Barclays: WON!!! It took four months but was totally worth it!
  • Cabot: I'm still waiting for an enforcable agreement, more than a year after requesting it. Go on, Uncle Ken, take me to court if you dare. You know you want to!
  • Elephant.co.uk: VICTORY - they admitted there was no debt!
  • Ashbourne Management (gym membership): Finally got my default removed and out-of-court settlement; I'm not finished with them yet!

<--- If I've been helpful please remember the scales ;)