Halifax Visa Card

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6006 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

Sorry I've been a while getting back to you re my problem. The reason is I've been delaying phoning Visa, naughty I know, but I just seem to lose my bottle there for a while.

Anyhow, following on from the excellent advice you good people have given me I finally plucked up the courage this morning and phoned Halifax Visa. I needn't have been so worried. The lady I spoke to was extremely helpful, not to mention sympathetic (highly unusual I thought).

She initially asked me if I could pay £39.00 pm, but as I explained to her, that simply wasn't an option on £59.00 pw Job Seekers allowance. So I persisted with my token offer of just £1.00 pm. This was agreed, commencing on the 28th of this month for three months when my situation will be reviewed. Hopefully I'll be gainfully employed once again before then.

So, a HUGE heartfelt thank you for enabling me to tackle this temporary but extremely worrying problem in my life. x

Really pleased to hear you got it sorted Sue- see I told you we would make you a................................................................

Happy Sue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And thanks for posting your good news as its acts as motivation for others!! Take care and good luck!!:D :D

Thank you tilly, kenny and moneyhelp .... :)

All I need now is small win on the lottery .... :D

No problems Happy Sue, we are all glad to help- get a buzz from it!!

Now let me see where that box of tricks is re the lottery prize!!!!!!!!

Well a single mum, just outside Glasgow won £35m on Euro this week, got her cheque today.

She was a postie earning £16k. Normal interest earns £35k..............a week.

I would need to do it, to win it though!!:rolleyes:

• 3 months later...

Hello ... me again.

Well, Visa have accepted my offer of £1.00 per month as I mentioned back in August ... BUT ... what they didn't tell me was they were going to continue adding interest every month to my account unless I pay 1% of what I owe each month. As that works out to over £40.00 it just isn't an option for me as I'm still claiming job seekers allowance, which they know.

From the moment I began claiming benefits I stopped using my card, what I currently owe was spent while I was working, I had no way of knowing things would change.

Would anyone be able to tell me if Halifax Visa can do this to me? I've written to them twice requesting that the interest be frozen temporarily but they don't want to know.

Thank you ....

Hi Tilly,

Thanks for your help but I've already sent that one and their reply was that they'd only freeze the interest if I pay 1% of the required outstanding amount, and they know I'm unable to do that.

hi sue

have you thought about sending of your s.a.r for your statement,s to to see if you have had any charge,s applied to your account as you could claim these back, also you could then send them a letter of account in dispute once

you have started the ball rolling for claiming your refund of charges............here is the link

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o....s-library/516- for the s.a.r

also you mentioned in your post back in august that they would review your situation again in 3 months have they been in contact with

you to revise your monthly payment plan