GE Money home lending (formally i group)

:Boy:
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6088 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

have you got an address?

also do i need to send the 10 pounds fee?

many thanks

Yorkshire Bank Plc £3553.77 Prelim letter sent 14/9/06 LBA sent 22/9/06, MCOL Sent 10/10/06 MCOL Notice of Issue Rcvd 12/10/06, MCOL Acknowledged 17/10/06, £929.00 Offer Rcvd, 03/11/06 - Rejected, 09/11/06 YB Defended, 10/11/06 Transferred to Local Court, AQ Returned;) 30/11/06 Copy of Banks AQ Received, 1 month extra asked for by Clydesdale, 09/01/07 £2140.00 Offer Rcvd, 09/01/07 - Rejected, 11/11/07 Allocation To Small Claims Track, Court Date Set - 05/03/07, 15/01/07 £2590.00 Offer Rcvd, 15/11/07 - Rejected, 07/02/07 £3773.77 Offer Rcvd (FULL), 12/02/07 - Accepted, 21/02/07 - Chq Received for FULL AMOUNT. :)

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

The Address is Ge Money Home Lending, Malvern House, Croxley Business Park, Watford, WD18 8YF.

Yes, you will need to send the £10 po or cheque with your Data Protection Act Subject Act Request to them. That's all you need to do. However, they may require more information from you to confirm your identity which they will ask for in their reply to you. Just fill out the form they will send you and send it back.

Remember though that the 40 days time limit on their response to your request starts when they receive your initial request so send it RECORDED DELIVERY. and wait for a responce.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Paul

I am at a relatively advanced stage with GE Money (previously I Group). They took around 37 days (out of a possible 40) to reply to the data protection request. They then sent back all court documents back to the court with a compliments slip "sorry can't find account". I proceeded (winning by default) and then sent a baliff to collect. They have now applied to the court to have the judgements "set aside" on the basis that they had not received neither the claim, the judement or the warrent from the court! If they did not receive it how then can they attatch their official compliments slips to the court documents and return them? Hopefully the court will see their claim of not having received any of their documents (sent to the correct address) is unfounded. They have appointed a solicitor to act on their behalf.

Any thoughts on where this will go from here? I am prepared to pursue this through court and enlist proffesional representation if needed. I no longer lend from GE and hope that I never do again.

when sending documents it is best to use recorded delivery because of the 'pretending not to have received them' problem, as for the court, I suppose they just use the normal post but I have taken all my documents to the court and had a receipt or date stamped copy taken.

'rise like lions after slumber, in unvanquishable number, shake your chains to the earth like dew, which in sleep had fall'n on you, ye are many, they are few.' Percy Byshse Shelly 1819

Hi,

This is in my opinion where the court system falls down.

Proof of posting is not proof of receiving. The court papers say: "date sent dd/mm/yy deemed served on the dd/mm/yy. A defendant can ignore the court claim actually received. Lie later on that they received nothing, refer to CPR 6.5 and apply for a set aside. THIS IS WRONG.(my Opinion) But, until the courts' procedure for issuing claimants' claims is brought into the 21st century what can we do?

Just a rant!!

Good luck to all who claim against I-Group GE money

Paul

Hi,

This is in my opinion where the court system falls down.

Proof of posting is not proof of receiving. The court papers say: "date sent dd/mm/yy deemed served on the dd/mm/yy. A defendant can ignore the court claim actually received. Lie later on that they received nothing, refer to CPR 6.5 and apply for a set aside. THIS IS WRONG.(my Opinion) But, until the courts' procedure for issuing claimants' claims is brought into the 21st century what can we do?

Just a rant!!

Good luck to all who claim against I-Group GE money

Paul

thanks, proof of receiving docs is a problem, how about signed for postings, do they say they are missing also.

'rise like lions after slumber, in unvanquishable number, shake your chains to the earth like dew, which in sleep had fall'n on you, ye are many, they are few.' Percy Byshse Shelly 1819

thanks, proof of receiving docs is a problem, how about signed for postings, do they say they are missing also.

I sent my SAR by Special Delivery; even though they signed for it they did not admit to receiving my letter and fee as "it had gone missing internally". The compliance department refused to send my statements as they did not have my request.........

They are unbelievable.................

Nationwide

May 23 Data Protection Act request sent

May 25 Data Protection Act request acknowledgement received

June 13 Statements Received

June 13 Prelim letter sent

June 26 LBA sent

July 12 Claim issued via Money Claim Online

July 21 £4798.29 paid into account

Endeavour Personal Finance

Sep 12 Prelim letter sent

Sep 18 LBA sent

GE Money

Sep 20 SAR

SPPL

Sep 20 SAR

I asked for a full account statement not a subject access request, this might be the difference in figures etc given. It runs to several pages and shows the returned dd's and charges clearly, also the interest charges when applied. What if you apply directly to GE Money, they have an automated request on their phone no but they will put a charge on your account for a full statement.

just rec'd my refusal to repay letter from GE, they state all their charges are lawful and fair, I have a thread elsewhere so not hijacking (sorry):)

Just another update and some advice (hopefully)

Are GE Money for real!!

I have recieved a letter from GE Money today - and get this - they have sent me the N1 form that I handed to the Court along with what they are supposed to send to the Court if they are defending or admitting the claim! Their letter reads:

Loan secured on XXX (this should be the old address as we are claiming the ERC from that property, but they have our current address)

Further to your recent communication

Please find your documents enclosed

If you are unsure as to any of the contents of this letter, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Yours Sincerely

GE Money

What do I do now? If they do not acknowledge the claim, do I win by default? Should I go to my Court and advise them that they have sent me these documents? or send the it back to GE Money (I really do not want to do this, as this is their incompetence)

I do not want to jeopardise my claim.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I think you win by default after 14 days if is them ignoring the claim, so maybe this falls into that category because it is equivalent to them doing so as they have not taken the appropriate action if eg they wanted to defend.

maybe a mod or a legal mind will be more helpful, best wishes.

• 1 month later...

any news D5Tweddle? I had an offer and have accepted but not as final. does anyone know how interest is charges on the charges by GE, I dont understand their system.

Hello,

Nothing at all from Eversheds or GE Money. I have started another thread by mistake ( Me v GE Money [formally I group]) why I have done this, god only knows, but most of the information is on this thread.

They have defended the claim, and counterclaimed for costs. I have now filled in the AQ and I am £100 lighter. In the AQ I also included my defence to the claim and the counterclaim, this was just before Christmas.

So far I have heard not a peek.

The total cost is now around the £1600 mark. Looking forward to the money!

hope it goes okay, when you win you will get your court costs back. when GE replied to me initially they sent a long list of all their 'manual' intervention so I reckon this is the way they are intending to go as a defence for all those years and years of penalty charges.

In the same boat as the rest of you, ge money robbing me blind, chargeing me to recive advice on how to get in more debt from one of ther companys that can help me pay of my arrears. robbing f**kers.

Will add them to my list to start claiming my chareges back.

Can not wait till i can go back to a normal high street lender.

• 2 weeks later...
any news D5Tweddle? I had an offer and have accepted but not as final. does anyone know how interest is charges on the charges by GE, I dont understand their system.

GE credited their offer to my mortgage account so the charges remain on the charges account? this means my mortgage is in credit but surely this also means that interest is clocking up on the charges?

That was nice of them to do that! defeats the object of getting the money in your hands (I appreciate that we still have to pay them though!)

Did they advise you that they were crediting the money to your account?

they did not advise me, when I rang to query what was happening since my LBA they just told me they had done this, it kinda caught me off guard and I needed to think about what it meant, re interest etc. obviously they had no intentions of just posting a cheque, rather cancelling the charges so that I dont have to pay them in the long run but the way they have done this surely means they can hang on to all the interest that will be added??

• 2 weeks later...