Lets Open our Eyes People

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6114 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

It is clear that the banks and the OFT have struck up so kind of agreement.

The banks need to be hit and hit hard. What we need is a bank that will act fair and lets face it, it can not be that had to do.

Some rich man out there (Richard Branson) who look at new investments should look at opening a bank so that people can put there money in and not have so greedy exec take it out and buy a new merc while the average joe is lucky to get an old mini.

I have change all my direct debit to standing orders that make life easier and it is only my wife that has a bank account i do not has i do not trust them after they put me 2,000 in debt with their charges.

NEW BANK IS WHAT WE WANT AND THEN ALL OPEN UP AN ACCOUNT AND MOVE OUT OF THE OTHER BANKS this will hurt them as it is our money that they use to make theirs.

Although they cannot provide normal banking services, I would recommend that people seek out membership of a local credit union in their area. Your council might point you in the right direction or CAB.

They can offer lower interest than normal loans for difficult times. It also has the benefit of building up dividends (savings).

The other benefit is that you become a member with voting rights etc. Some have grown to provide mortgages.

Hi, Kenny.

I've been a member of my local Credit Union for two years and your right about the Interest they charge you, nowhere near as high as the Banks.

The people who run the Credit Union are also very pleasant to deal with, I'd recommend them to anyone.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Hi, Kenny.

I've been a member of my local Credit Union for two years and your right about the Interest they charge you, nowhere near as high as the Banks.

The people who run the Credit Union are also very pleasant to deal with, I'd recommend them to anyone.

Regards.

Scott.

I agree. I've been a member of Leeds City Credit Union for about 8 years.

Had several loans and have a Christmas savings account.

Staff are very friendly and helpful.

There is still a bit of a stigma, I feel and I can't quite make the jump from bank to credit union!!

I think that the name is a problem Credit - like credit cards and Union like the industry union.

I am going to look in to this and i would advise anybody to do the same. lets face it the banks will always make vasts amounts of money from us, just like the goverment do. the only real true way to make the banks fell pain is for them to lose customers to something smaller.

So lets make them understand that we do not need them, they need us.:oops:

This link might be helpful folks. It gives plenty of information about credit unions.

ABCUL

I look on them, and I stand to be corrected, as for their members and indeed, that is why they are set up.

Don't think of stigma. In Eire they are incredibly big and widely used. That might explain some of the differences in the bank markets within Ireland.

There is a search facility on the website to locate your nearest credit union.

Anyway, see what you think.