Gazopti V Lloyds TSB

Gazopti
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6112 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well very quick overview of where i am at the moment...

Sent all the 'normal' letters requesting all the penalties i have paid during the past 6 years, then requesting payment, then threatening to take it to court.

Had what seemed to be all the standard replies from Lloyds about how they are not penalties and are 'charges for a service' blah blah blah.

Finally built up the courage to take it to court so filed my claim on the MCOL site, paid my fees and waited.

Just 7 days after i issued the claim Lloyds had acknowledged it so i started waiting for their defence.

THEN...yesterday out of nowhere received 2 letters from SC&M, first one seemed to imply the usual in that they saw these charges as fees for a service and that basically they will be defending the case.

The second letter also seemed to start off in a similar way but when i turned to page 2 of the letter if was offering me a settlement of the FULL amount i am claiming plus the court costs!!!

YIPPEEEEEEEEEE :D

What i need to know is when i sign and send off this letter should i give a covering letter and in it give them a deadline as to when they should credit my account with the money owed?

Also, how long can i leave notifying the court of this as i dont want to cancel court proceedings before i see the £££!!!

FINALLY (sorry for all the dumb questions) whats the best way to notify the court? i.e can it be done online or should i ring Northampton direct??

Many thanks for the help.

Gaz.

Hi Gaz, I received the same letter and sent this letter accepting settlement without the t&c's (post 73)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclays-bcard-woolwich-successes/48032-jakena-barclays-4.html

When you receive your money send this letter to the court and a copy to SC&M.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/show-post/post-487345.html

Congratulations :D

Red

Come on the mighty reds!!!!!!

Lloyds TSB - Success - 14/7/07

Lloyds TSB - Pending -

Halifax - Pending -

Tip my scales if I have been of assistance :D

Thanks for that.

However, i have just read through the T&C's again and i cant really see which ones i would not be happy with. The only one i was unsure of was point 5 where it states how i will basically keep my account in order in future.

I have already changed accounts to Abbey and no longer use Lloyds...i was going to pay off my overdraft and close the account once this was over.

I dont want to drag this out any longer than i need to (it has all been a bit stressful) so do you think i am ok to sign and send their letter going on the above??

Thanks again.

Gaz.

Well i did seek a little more advice on the T&C's that were on my letter and none of them really seemed to be a problem for me...especially as i am planning on closing the account myself once this is over!!

So...i signed and sent off my letter but i am not sure as to how long it will take for the money to actually be deposited into my account.

What i need to know next is...

1) Should i wait for this money before i inform the court the matter is settled or...

2) Should i (as i have been advised by someone else) inform them right away as the letter i signed and sent is legally binding therefore this matter is already done and dusted??

Many thanks for all the help and advice given so far, it is much appreciated!!!!!

Finally...and hopefully the last bit of advice i need to ask, how do i inform the court this is now settled? Is it the link posted above??

Ta,

Gary.

Hi

Don't stop the Court action until you have the money, have a look at this link for at letter to send to the Court when you receive it, the link does work:

Error

Barty:)

I WON!!!! :D :D :D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloydstsb-successes/1774-barty-lloyds-tsb.html

IF I HAVE BEEN HELPFUL PLEASE CLICK THE SCALES:)

Checked my account balance today and Lloyds have paid me all thats owed :-D

Just want to say thank you to everyone who has helped and given advice, would never have managed it all otherwise!!

Just about to send a letter to the court and let them know and then hopefully thats the end of the matter.

Thanks again and good luck to everyone else.

Gary.